Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

several old music themed flicks tonight, all repeats...

One set to the Speakerboxx cd, seemed like andre 3000 and Terrence Howard were in the mob-controlled club scene in early Harlem Renaissance. What movie was that??

The Preachers Wife was next, perfect for xmas. Corny. Whitney's voice was remarkable.

Now its Ray. That scene when his brother drowns hurt me so deep when this movie came out. I shut my eyes for the rest and missed the story. So now I made myself watch the drowning, the heroin. Its so dang painful.

Jamie Lee Foxx is my jam. Except for his dang ego. Whatever. I ain't leavin Matt Damon for nobody, not even Jamie.

ETA

Quincy Jones!

Ahmet!

Amazing!

Dragonslayer

Yup, circa 1981. Made my boyfriend watch it after he made me watch Reign of Fire.

It's an old favorite of mine, right up there with Ladyhawke and (gasp) Krull. Dragon still looks pretty awesome after almost 40 years.

Maybe I can get him to watch Red Sonja one of these days...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. 7/10. I still think Rogue One is the best of the new ones.

I have to agree. It wasn't bad (better with a more original plot), but it wasn't spectacular for the hype it's getting.

I am really becoming disappointed with the recent Star Wars films. Rouge One had the similar appeal as the classic Star Wars novels back in the 90's. It FELT like a Star Wars movie.

But these current movies like 7 and 8? They just don't have that fun allure like 4-6 had. Every battle scene now has to have a comic relief moment, making humor very redundant and at times inappropriate. It honestly feels that it's being treated like a cash cow franchise just by the label. I was really hoping Disney would have better writing team like they assembled with the Marvel series... nope, they just don't have it. There's no in-depth storyline taking place anymore. The characters are just predictable, flat and outrageously superficial. Seriously, Rey (whom I have a high disdain for) is going to master a lightsaber after picking it up for the first time and barely any training from a Jedi master while Kylo Ren operates an army with no experience and throws childish temper tantrums like a 5 year old? Who writes this stuff?

This franchise really needs to be left alone.

I am on corny Christmas movie / romance #5. I think this one is called A Prince for Christmas. Actually, now that I think about sociological references, I am annoyed and changing the channel.

Also eating raw cookie dough. Hormonal flare up maybe? omg yes must be. This roller coaster is a trip!

I am on corny Christmas movie / romance #5. I think this one is called A Prince for Christmas. Actually, now that I think about sociological references, I am annoyed and changing the channel.

Also eating raw cookie dough. Hormonal flare up maybe? omg yes must be. This roller coaster is a trip!

I watched the whole thing. She dumped him. He came back and asked her to marry him on xmas. That's stranger meet to wedding across two continents in 7 days time. Yeah that's a good idea. :)

I have to agree. It wasn't bad (better with a more original plot), but it wasn't spectacular for the hype it's getting.

I am really becoming disappointed with the recent Star Wars films. Rouge One had the similar appeal as the classic Star Wars novels back in the 90's. It FELT like a Star Wars movie.

But these current movies like 7 and 8? They just don't have that fun allure like 4-6 had. Every battle scene now has to have a comic relief moment, making humor very redundant and at times inappropriate. It honestly feels that it's being treated like a cash cow franchise just by the label. I was really hoping Disney would have better writing team like they assembled with the Marvel series... nope, they just don't have it. There's no in-depth storyline taking place anymore. The characters are just predictable, flat and outrageously superficial. Seriously, Rey (whom I have a high disdain for) is going to master a lightsaber after picking it up for the first time and barely any training from a Jedi master while Kylo Ren operates an army with no experience and throws childish temper tantrums like a 5 year old? Who writes this stuff?

I think a lot of that has to do with the runaway success of the Marvel movies. Even the latest Thor is like that. Everything is super happy fun time and you're not allowed to be serious, or else critics will pan the movie. It's why I didn't like Jurassic World, too.

I also saw The Disaster Artist. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I nearly fell out of my chair in the theater.

I want to see it so bad! That and The Shape of Water.

Rey was left alone to survive in a deserted planet and is good with a staff. Using weapons comes naturally to her. Unlike Luke in the original trilogy was just a farm boy.

What I love about this trilogy is that's trying to be different compared to the original. It's more romantic. The love story between Rey and Kylo is very entertaining. I hoping they get the love ending that Anakin Skywalker and Princess Amidala never got.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
I want the 118 minutes of my life the Book of Eli cost me back.

Everyone else seems to like it. I thought it was just "eh". Why am i like this. I have liked a total of maybe seven movies in my life, and the rest of them leave me wondering what everyone is on about.

It was indeed "eh" !