Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update.

Surgery went very well, there was an artery pressing against the nerve. He could reach it very well and thinks he has really fixed the problem. He was very excited actually...

Also excited about the tumor which has shrunk!! That's amazingly soon....

Slept all day and night and just got washed in bed and got to sit upright with my feet on the ground.

Extremely tiring!

Am very tired. Pain is being managed well here and the wound looks good.

Quick update.

Surgery went very well, there was an artery pressing against the nerve. He could reach it very well and thinks he has really fixed the problem. He was very excited actually...

Also excited about the tumor which has shrunk!! That's amazingly soon....

Slept all day and night and just got washed in bed and got to sit upright with my feet on the ground.

Extremely tiring!

Am very tired. Pain is being managed well here and the wound looks good.

So so happy for you Sara I'm glad the surgery went good and that you're feeling decent

No double vision!

In 2 hours i get to go home!

The diarrhea eased up eventually.....still pain, esp the wound hurts but the TN that i had so bad on top of the meds last week is gone, just completely gone!

So today they start weaning me off my meds! Terrified of that actually but the doctor really thinks he solved the problem.

Will write more later cause they're coming to wake me up in a minute....

There's more to tell!

Okay me again....been home since Tuesday and the first day was a bit harder to be home than in the hospital cause automatically you do more than in the hospital.

But since then I've been reasonably well.

With a big TN outbreak on Thursday evening and night which freaked me out, I've been lowering my meds and i was scared about that but i also know it is part of this surgery since the facial nerve is irritated.

But Friday the pain was gone again.

Will do the lowering a bit more slow than the doctor said though!

It's a weird feeling that it's now behind me, I've been prepping for this for so long that it still feels as if I'm prepping, when in fact this is the time i prepped for. Weird feeling!

The wound still hurts but i am able to lower the pain needs for that from 3 to 2 doses.

Once in the morning because in my sleep i automatically sleep on my back by accident and then it hurts when i wake up, and then before bed i need another dose...

I need an afternoon nap haha but other than that I'm doing pretty well. I can't bend over indeed, i feel that but I'm also not allowed for 6 weeks, no pressure in my head whatsoever....

Then R....

He messaged me right before surgery and he was scared, so i had my mom send messages to those close to me as soon as she had news, i wouldn't be able to do so myself and otherwise people had to wait a full extra day.

So she send him a message, didn't freak him out, in fact he was grateful and replied to her as well.

Then the next day messaging was hard for me, to concentrate on the words, so i called people and i called him as well, was our first phonecall! We do everything in person or by message so it was so weird having him on the phone haha but we had a looong conversation and he said we should do that more often.

He also said he really had wanted to cone to the hospital but he was going to Germany for the weekend so he would come soon when i was home.

The fact that he wanted to come visit me said a lot to me, he had even looked up how to drive and everything.

From Germany we messaged a lot, in fact Sunday evening, all evening! And he was different, sappy, and mushy....he had been drinking beer a lot haha and so he also told me he was a bit more loose because of the alcohol, and yup i noticed! I think he told me 10 times how happy he was that the surgery was over and the pain was gone and he was really emotional.....

And tonight he's coming! He asked me yesterday if he could and i said yes...

Again on a Saturday night!!

And i wear a scarf at the moment cause i cannot have my wig on the wound, so most people that don't know our that i don't want to see me like that, aren't allowed to come.

Big step for me to show myself to him like that! But he is allowed to come and i will also show him the wound.....

And put more beer into him hahaha

Oh yeah he also said last week that once i feel better, he will come pick me up and take me to his house and cook for me!! Yay!

So yeah that is definitely going very well!

Heater has been fixed so no candles this time hahaha

And Vic, if it ever comes to this for you as well, then i can recommend this surgery! It's not as bad as it seems.

But you'd need the typical tn....with the electric shocks. Otherwise it won't work.

Archived