Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Sara, I'm sending big wishes for your surgery date to be soon, and to go perfectly! Fingers are crossed, prayers uttered, wishes going up!

I too saw your secret post, just now, it's been a busy week and I'm behind in my forum reading. Very brave of you to share, and I am sure it makes your current situation more difficult post pre and post surgery. But as others have said, you are so brave and strong, you'll continue to handle it with grace, just as you do now. Keep us posted! ((hug))

Thank you for your sweet message! You made me cry as well hahaha

I'm bawling today....

Your words too mean a great deal to me!

It is indeed very hard to have that added to my brain surgery, makes things very scary because i don't want to lie in my bed with no hair and let people see me that way. But on the other hand i cannot have my wig on due to the wound and later scar.....

So i have the same hats and stuff that chemo patients have but even then i don't feel comfortable at all because you just know and can tell that there is no hair under it.

Which is why my mom cut up an old wig off mine, created room for the scar and it doesn't really stay on properly but i can have visitors in the hospital with that on and just take it off when they leave

So that created some peace. Not a lot though....

But thank you again!

Hugs

You didn't read my post about me sharing my biggest secret did you? A few posts back......i don't have any hair.....not since i was 25 years old.....hard thing for me to talk about. And this is also the big secret i shared with R last week.....and he had tears in his eyes while listening and letting me talk.

He has the same issue so he really gets me and i him...

But this is what makes this tumor thing so very very hard for me! Keep having to take off my wig and show people and that is the hardest thing i have to do over and over again......

You didn't read my post about me sharing my biggest secret did you? A few posts back......i don't have any hair.....not since i was 25 years old.....hard thing for me to talk about. And this is also the big secret i shared with R last week.....and he had tears in his eyes while listening and letting me talk.

He has the same issue so he really gets me and i him...

But this is what makes this tumor thing so very very hard for me! Keep having to take off my wig and show people and that is the hardest thing i have to do over and over again......

Ooooh my goodness!!!! I must have not remembered! I am sorry for being such a dunce.

Shock! I just see my ex on TV!

Was watching some medical Talkshow and they were talking about what to do after a terrorist attack, they show footage of Paris, Boston and so on and then they show footage of last year when there was fear of an attack on Schiphol airport, our biggest airport, and it was closed off and they were sending people away.

And one of the guys they send away was my ex! Small clip but it was him, no doubt, 100%

Doesn't affect me at all since i was the one who ended things but it was so weird to see him on TV!!

Sheeesh!

Yes it really was lol i kept rewinding it, it was just a few seconds of film but it was so weird hahaha

In more upsetting news, I'm in pain again! It started yesterday and by the time i got to bed and brushed my teeth it was already excruciating.

I have the electric shocks in both upper and lower jaw.

And this while having a date Tuesday......if this continues i can't even kiss should he initiate that, doubt it but who knows!

And can't eat them or talk if it gets worse and i doubt that'll be romantic when he sees me suffer like that, so i may have to cancel and that is really hard to do!!

But first im trying to up my tegretol a little....last few times this worked and i could lower again as well.

So now I'll be even more dizzy again......

Sigh!

Informed everyone again, wel the important people anyway.....and R responded angry, he was so angry at the hospital and i didn't get it but didn't notice too much either cause i was already replying about having to clean the house again and stuff.

Hours later i re-read that convo and i see that in my initial message i had actually told him that next week will not happen hahaha that's why he was angry.

No idea how that not came into the message hahaha

But i corrected him and he was laughing so much....

Of course everyone knows i do stupid stuff like this hahaha

I also wanted to clean my bathroom, wel i have this very nice, great smelling, no longer in stock product to clean it, and since i get a cleaning help after my surgery, i hid this nice product and bought a cheap one for her to clean with.

And you can guess it, i couldn't find where i hid my product anymore!!!!

Thank you!!

Oh yeah the meds make me stupid basically hahaha...

It should all return to normal once i can quit them.

Of course that's scary too cause now i have an excuse for being stupid lol

Been messaging with R for a while, he's out with a friend having dinner and then he messaged me the pic of that dinner and then kept talking for a good while, stupid stuff like what did you eat, what are you doing and so on.

That is so much fun for me. My ex never did that, he hated messaging while i love this, being connected......

Can't wait for Tuesday!! So great to see him again! Sigh!

Ah love..........

Well they do let me come in tomorrow......there still is a shortage with the beds but the fact that i have been cancelled before and that my surgery is the first one scheduled Thursday and that I'm still young enough to stay in the room where you wake up instead of the icu all points to it happening nurse said.....

So still nervous and no definitive yes....

Had my date with R tonight and we were both nervous for the surgery so the mood was different...

He brought me chocolate! Woohoo! Lol

He said as soon as i feel better he will come pick me up one day and we'll stay at his house and he will cook for me.

And he hugged me! Which is a first.....said he will be thinking loads about me this week hahaha sweet.....

The physical part is hard for both of us. We both have major problems with just touching someone, not just in romance but always. So slowly still....but i got the hug i had wanted hahaha

Oh and to top things my heater broke today!!! So i had no way to warm my appartement....what did i do?

I put loads of candles in the living room and during the day the temperature did rise because of them.

And of course it looked very romantic but that wasn't my intention.

But he loved it!! He kept saying that hahaha

Not surgery out of the way and then we both can pick up where we left off last time.....

Oh and to top things my heater broke today!!! So i had no way to warm my appartement....what did i do?

I put loads of candles in the living room and during the day the temperature did rise because of them.

And of course it looked very romantic but that wasn't my intention.

But he loved it!! He kept saying that hahaha

If you ever want to save candles, boiling water heats the room very well. Learned that during Hurricane Sandy--thank god we had a natural gas stove!!

It's not as romantic, though

Best of luck with everything!!

Archived