Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

What about mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, all the greens (spinach, lettuce, kale, chard), leeks, endives, beets, peas and snow peas, butter beans, cabbage, pumpkin, bean sprouts, sweet potato (I guess a carb too, but really good for you and personally I think they are delish). Then there are all the beans, garbanzo beans, lentils etc which I know are legumes, but which also count as veggies in my head at least just filling ones. I know some of that stuff is expensive, and some of it super seasonal, but anyway, just some ideas of stuff to try. Sometimes it really depends on how the veggies are prepared. My dad is really good at making veggies taste amazing, sometimes unfortunately with a bit too much cream, butter and cheese, but sometimes it's the first step towards developing a taste for something.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer! Maybe if you have a bit of some of the ones you don't hate every once in a while, your tastes may change a bit? The good news is that with carrots, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and bean sprouts, you can definitely make a good stirfry!

Do you have any friends who are good cooks? They might be able to pass on a few recipes for beans or other veggies you're on the fence about. I have a recipe for lentil soup which I really like - it does involve cooked tomatoes though but you could probably leave that out.

If you like cucumbers I would think you could like squash and zucchini if they are cooked right. Some people cook them so they are soft some like them more crisp....maybe you just need to try a different way to cook some of the veggies you didn't absolutely hate. I know some things if you just hate them there's not much you can do about it but I have found a lot of things I wasn't fond of, it was more because of the way it was cooked.

My mom makes this zucchini pizza. The zucchini is the crust it's shredded and then I think some egg and cheese is added to bind it but you'd never know it was a veggie crust you top it with sauce and whatever toppings you like. It's a great low carb high veggie option.

Here's a link: /

Bummer! Maybe if you have a bit of some of the ones you don't hate every once in a while, your tastes may change a bit? The good news is that with carrots, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and bean sprouts, you can definitely make a good stirfry!

Do you have any friends who are good cooks? They might be able to pass on a few recipes for beans or other veggies you're on the fence about. I have a recipe for lentil soup which I really like - it does involve cooked tomatoes though but you could probably leave that out.

I just keep eating things until I like them. I didn't like cilantro...or Indian food or sushi...or olives, or stout, or wine, or eggs, or...well, 90% of the veggies in the world.

Now I love all of those things. The only two veggies I don't like are okra (slimy ick) or celery (I can taste it even if it pureed into a sauce- it's very pungent to me)...and there's some foods I don't work on because...I don't want to like them...like meat and cheese.

Idk, I just kept trying new recipes until I found one that was tolerable...kept eating it until I liked it, and then expanded into using that ingredient in different dishes. It works. It's just unpleasant. But it makes life so much easier when you're not picky about food.

It's awful, isn't it? I read back all the way through when I was dating Tyler... I should have ended that wellllll before I actually did.

Well. .seeing we document the most sensational stuff. It's pretty harsh (or funny) out of context, right.

Is there anyway to hide a public journal after the fact??

It's awful, isn't it? I read back all the way through when I was dating Tyler... I should have ended that wellllll before I actually did.

While I cringe at some of my past entries...I always think...that's why other people have such a different perspective on different situations I'm in...I mean, when you're in the middle of it, you can't see the big picture, right? It makes me try to keep my mind more open to advice I don't agree with. Although I do find I'm often not understood correctly....so there's that.

When you cringe, take it as a good thing. Look at how far you've come!

That's how I saw it. I started this journal in January of last year. I've been through 2 relationships in that time... but with men that I took my time with and, in the end, didn't love. That's an incredible step for me. I used to date guys where I fell hard and fast, and it ended up being a train wreck. But now I'm learning to pace myself, I'm learning that I have a right to choose or dismiss men based on their merits and, more importantly, based on what they'd add to my life. I'm learning that I am worth more than just picking a guy simply because he showed an interest in me.

I've been single for 6 months now, and so much has happened in that small time frame. I'm so much more than I used to be.

That's how I saw it. I started this journal in January of last year. I've been through 2 relationships in that time... but with men that I took my time with and, in the end, didn't love. That's an incredible step for me. I used to date guys where I fell hard and fast, and it ended up being a train wreck. But now I'm learning to pace myself, I'm learning that I have a right to choose or dismiss men based on their merits and, more importantly, based on what they'd add to my life. I'm learning that I am worth more than just picking a guy simply because he showed an interest in me.

I've been single for 6 months now, and so much has happened in that small time frame. I'm so much more than I used to be.

I sooooo cannot wait to be in Onderland!! I can't even tell you the last time I was there. Probably pre-high school!

For me I was definitely there about a year ago, but on the high end of it. With my frame/build I don't particularly look right at less than 170(I'm talking strictly weight loss and no muscle mass building). That is the higher end of the healthy range for my height and frame. But right now yes, I wanna be in onederland too! About 6ish more lbs to go.

I think I am going to start making egg muffins again. They were so easy to pop in the microwave from frozen or refrigerated. My favorite was with canadian bacon bits and a sprinkle of swiss, with peppers and onions. Like a little mini omelette..Kinda. They freeze well. And the convenience..

I remember how I used to be back in the years when I played soccer. I was bigger then, too, but very built and solid. I thought I was fat and hated myself, and now I look back on pictures and I'm like, "what was I thinking??".

I think that too. I look back at pictures of me where I felt so big...and I totally wasn't. I regret that I didn't enjoy my body at that time. I was friggen gorgeous and I didn't know it.

For me I was definitely there about a year ago, but on the high end of it. With my frame/build I don't particularly look right at less than 170(I'm talking strictly weight loss and no muscle mass building). That is the higher end of the healthy range for my height and frame. But right now yes, I wanna be in onederland too! About 6ish more lbs to go.

I think I am going to start making egg muffins again. They were so easy to pop in the microwave from frozen or refrigerated. My favorite was with canadian bacon bits and a sprinkle of swiss, with peppers and onions. Like a little mini omelette..Kinda. They freeze well. And the convenience..

My ideal weight is 165. When I get less than that, I lose the hourglass shape and start to look gaunt....to the point that people tell me to gain weight. And it's over the "healthy" weight for my height. So weird how all that works.

Feeling sort of "blah" today. My digestive system is all out of whack since I've been eating healthier. I feel guilty for not going to the gym today. (I went 2 days in a row, figured I'll take today off to recover and then go the next two days.) My sweet tooth is prodding at me something fierce. It's a rainy, cloudy, boring day. Just blah.

My ideal weight is 165. When I get less than that, I lose the hourglass shape and start to look gaunt....to the point that people tell me to gain weight. And it's over the "healthy" weight for my height. So weird how all that works.

Me too, the gaunt thing. I'm glad they revised their charts to work with different frames, too. Because before it was like, it was all assumed we were undernourished and 4'2" from the 17th century.

So happy yo to hear your progress. Both of my older sisters are 250+ pounds now. My second oldest sister was recently diagnosed with arthritis in the knees and shoulder. My mom is soo sad about their health because she is suffering from long term effects of being very overweight and unhealthy. I can't say anything to them though; I think they know. It's hard to change your lifestyle and relationship with food. Just a bummer.

As you change your lifestyle and become healthier, you are going to reap dividends in a LACK of health issues as you get older.

It's a good thing, K. Part of this imo is about growing up or maturing. I used to fall hard for women and girls too, and in the end ending up burned all the time, when it wasn't both of us. Falling too hard, too fast. Yes there was the spark, but it's about keeping the spark for a while. I see you're 26 and right at that age started a LTR, my only one to this day. As you wrote, at pace with myself, taking things slow.

Thanks for chiming in in my starting journal, I'm returning the favor eh. Good luck with what you're looking for now. Having been single for half a year, I guess you're enjoying celibacy and maybe focusing on yourself for a bit. It helps clear the head and acknowledging where you'd like to be headed.

Archived