Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

K's Dating Journal

WithLove

Yeah here pretty much everything is baked. Unless it's summer and then you barbeque it. Lol. When I was in Florida I tried grits because I was curious oh my God what a mistake. I was gagging. It tasted like greasy cream of wheat. And then those coated potatoy whatever things that come with every meal oh my God gross. I forget what they're called I would have to ask my husband but Bleck.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And grits, not my thing but there is a local restaurant which is run by a man who is obviously from the south and he makes the best grits I've ever tasted. If I go there for breakfast/brunch, I will get eggs and a small side of his grits. He uses some cheese in them. They are absolutely divine.

Oh god, I love hush puppies. I haven't had one in years. If they are awful then someone did something wrong.

I knew there'd be someone around that likes them! I also sort of enjoy one or two of them, just the original ones without extra stuff added to them. Really good ones are dense, sweet, and go well with the dish they are served with.

I knew there'd be someone around that likes them! I also sort of enjoy one or two of them, just the original ones without extra stuff added to them. Really good ones are dense, sweet, and go well with the dish they are served with.

Yes yes! I am strange though that I liked to dip them in honey mustard. I don't like any extras, either.

Hi Faraday! Not quite back on track yet, but in the process of it, and I definitely am feeling the motivation again.

Cheet, that sounds divine. I'm going to try it dipped in honey mustard next time I have them! (My mom has been bugging me to go to a popular seafood place down here for some time now (the Shrimp Shack), so I might have to give in soon just to get some!)

So I contacted my bills' companies and they were able to extend the due dates on them all for me, so now I can pay my rent on time. I'm so relieved! To go from paying everything early to being 2 months behind was a nightmare and a huge stress. Now I can pay my rent on time and then, in two weeks, pay the rest of my bills off in full and be current again. I'm just so relieved, I can't even tell you!

So I contacted my bills' companies and they were able to extend the due dates on them all for me, so now I can pay my rent on time. I'm so relieved! To go from paying everything early to being 2 months behind was a nightmare and a huge stress. Now I can pay my rent on time and then, in two weeks, pay the rest of my bills off in full and be current again. I'm just so relieved, I can't even tell you!

That is awesome !

I believe very much in the power of asking. Are you going to be late on a bill? Are you looking to lower your internet plan a little bit? Are things just getting a little too tight? Pick up your phone and call and ask politely. Sometimes I chit chat with the reps too because it's a good way to be friendly and when you are friendly, they are more likely to help you out in ways that they can. Sometimes they genuinely can't and that's okay (not their fault or anything) but sometimes they can move dates around or get you a small credit and it's great.

I can't tell you the # of times that I have called or stopped by and asked for a favor and they give it to me. Recently, my new phone (my old one died) was appearing to be defective so I stopped by the store and asked them to swap it out for a new one cause I was in the return period. I politely asked them to waive the exchange fee ($40) and they did. They even helped me get the new one set up and got my screen protector back on it. I walked out with a non-defective new phone and didn't pay a dime for the exchange.

It's always good just to ask!

When you're a single mom, you get real good at negotiating with companies for extended due dates. I'm so happy they could do that for you. I know just how relieved you feel. As far as fried food goes, out here nobody fries anything. It's like smoking cigarettes, not done. Food? We love to barbecue. Everything goes on the barbecue or in a crock pot. I don't fry, it's so bad for you. I use the crock pot or my barbie. It's funny how food is prepared differently in different parts of the world, isn't it?

I love crockpoting!

I made some really amazing chicken taquitos in the crockpot. The chicken came out great. I then assembled and baked them and they came out crispy but no frying required.

(which is just as well because I am too scared to fry anything, I worry about getting splattered so I don't fry things - only frying I do is some pan frying with a little bit of olive oil)

So I went to the gym last night after work. I worked out my upper body and only did 15 minutes of cardio. I felt bad about not going longer, but right now I'm super glad I didn't, because I'm really feeling it. Today I'll go again, but it'll be my lower body and cardio. I'm going to try to do 30 min of cardio.

Went home, took a shower, and promptly fell asleep. I should have eaten dinner but I was just too tired. I slept really great, though, so I don't regret it.

Wanted to go to the gym last night, but I have family in town and my mom asked me to go out to dinner with them. They were at the restaurant way before me, so she ordered for me, and got me a cheeseburger with fries. I cut the cheeseburger in half and ate half the fries. Not a healthy meal, but at least I didn't eat all of it when I could have.

I'm definitely going to the gym tonight. My arms are more sore now than they were yesterday, so I'm glad it's going to be leg day today.

Archived