Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

I said 'I don't see you that way, sorry'...and he said 'maybe we can go on facebook, it's easier to talk there'...I said 'about what?'..he said 'about us?'

That's hilarious ! !

He said I'm pushing him and I can't promise because I'm too busy to send a pic'

I honestly admire you for not dwelling or getting put off by those guys. I would have crumbled by now, lost all faith in mankind, become a recluse and devote myself to some ambiguous cult.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly admire you for not dwelling or getting put off by those guys. I would have crumbled by now, lost all faith in mankind, become a recluse and devote myself to some ambiguous cult.

LOL, well, last time I tried online dating, it took a year before I lost all faith in mankind

New guy.

Max, 48, divorced, no kids, an engineer. His pics are average but not ugly..5'10, dark hair and eyes and seems to be into skiing...he has 3 pics in ski gear! We've exchanged a few emails and I sent him my phone number and expect to call me today..I've no idea what he's like because we haven't talked 'live' at all. According to his emails, he also wants to meet as soon as possible.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Max just called me. Our conversation was going fine until...first he told me he has a 7yo son (which wasn't on his profile). Then I asked him how long has he been divorced and he said since this summer....and he's not divorced, he's separated! So, I told him that I don't understand why those things aren't on his profile and he didn't even mention them in our emails and then I thanked him for calling me and hang up.

I don't understand why people don't just put 'separated' on their profile!

They're just hoping we'll be charmed enough by the in-person interaction that we won't care.

And it can work, I suppose. I've gone out with 3 women this year who didn't tell me they had kids or were still separated until we actually met. I made out with one and had sex several times with another, so their strategy may have paid off!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Max just called me. Our conversation was going fine until...first he told me he has a 7yo son (which wasn't on his profile). Then I asked him how long has he been divorced and he said since this summer....and he's not divorced, he's separated! So, I told him that I don't understand why those things aren't on his profile and he didn't even mention them in our emails and then I thanked him for calling me and hang up.

Because he doesn't value honesty or integrity.

Yes, that's the one..and of course I ignored it

I talked to 2 guys tonight.

Guy no1. Cute pic, 42, computer programmer, single, no kids. We talked online for about an hour, then I suggested to talk on the phone so we exchanged numbers. I had to go for a while but I said I could call him for a few minutes, he said no, let's do that later.. come to the site when you're back and if I'm still awake, we can talk on the phone, too. He was still there when I was back, we started talking again and I suggested phone again. It was obvious he didn't want to do that and I started feeling uneasy, especially when he asked if male voices turn me on. I deleted him on the spot.

Guy no2. Said 43 on profile, told me he's 45 and 'had probably gotten the date wrong on his profile'. Single, no kids or so he said. When I asked for a pic, he said let's go to Skype and you can see me live. I asked if he has a fb account, he said he had one but 'something happened to it', then I asked him to send a pic to my email but he insisted it's 'safer' to see him live on cam. I deleted him as well.

I have a date tonight with a new guy.

Jeff, 49, divorced with 2 daughters (21 and 16), a sales executive, lives 15 mins away, 5'10, black hair, brown eyes, interesting pics. We first talked today and we quickly took it to phone. We agreed that we both believe in meeting sooner rather than later so, we have a date for this afternoon for coffee and cinema (I made sure we like similar style of movies..lol).

On the phone he sounded talkative, serious about wanting a relationship and easygoing. The only 'problem' is that he travels for work every week from Tuesday to Friday...but it's not a dealbreaker for me, at least for the dating phase, as his weekends are free.

And yet another guy (must be the weekend..lol)

Larry is 52, divorced with a daughter (19), works at a company, lives close to me, 5'10, grey hair, brown eyes, has that 'distinguished' look in his pics that I usually like. We talked on the phone, too. I wasn't thrilled with his phone persona as he didn't ask much about me, he mostly answered my questions but he was eager to meet so maybe in person he's different. He asked about tomorrow but tomorrow is my birthday so I suggested Monday and he agreed. I'll call him Monday morning to confirm plans.

PS A little gossip: his last gf broke up with him 3 months ago because she got into a relationship with her best friend..also a woman!

UPDATE

The date with Jeff: Well, first of all he wasn't 5'10..he was maybe 5'5. He didn't look as attractive as his pics but he was well dressed and smiled a lot. First we went to a cafe where he proceeded to tell me about his net experiences and asked about mine. He also told me about his marriage and his daughters and his job but didn't ask much about my life. He was wearing a heavy cologne that I didn't like at all. I paid at the cafe (I insisted) and then we went to the cinema (he paid there). He was very attentive and polite in general (opened doors, lit my cigarette, that sort of thing). Before the film he told me he really wants to see me again and loves my smile and he'd like to cook for me some time as he's an excellent cook. I said thanks but didn't commit to anything. After the film he asked if I wanted to go for a drink but it was already midnight and we'd been together for hours and I was tired. He told me that he'd had a great time, how much he wants to see me again and asked what I think. I said it would be nice if we met once more, mainly because due to our programs (my birthday tomorrow, date with Larry Monday, then he's travelling Tuesday to Friday, Friday night he's going out with friends, Saturday I have plans with my friends) it can only happen next Sunday so, I have enough time to cancel. He asked if he can call me during the week, I said sure.

A detail that really bothered me about him was that even though I'm a smoker, he really smelled like an ashtray...it was the first time that I realised how smokers must smell to non smokers! I almost threw up from the smell..I can't imagine how a non smoker would feel...it was enough for me to want to avoid even a kiss on the cheek (he tried for one)...he didn't seem to mind and he kissed my hand instead.

Overall, I had an ok time but I'm not sure I want to see him again. Maybe a cup of coffee next Sunday but I'm not even sure about that.

Well, he was very nice and polite and seemed so much into me that I couldn't just tell him 'I don't want to see you again'. When he asked the first time, before the movie, I thought that the atmosphere would be very awkward in the cinema if I said straight out 'thanks but no thanks', you know. Then, when he asked again, I thought, as I said, that it's a week away and, until then, I may change my mind or it will be easier to say something like that over the phone.

I wish men asked that question after the date, not while you're still on it. If he had sent me a text message afterwards (like that older guy had done), it would have been much easier to just say 'I had a nice time but I don't see a future'.

Larry called me to wish me happy birthday and we talked for about an hour. He opened up more this time, we exchanged ideas about stuff like relationships, modern life, food, etc and I felt much more comfortable than yesterday. My only issue (that I told him about) was that he was very serious...I laugh all the time and I'm used to people appreciating my sense of humour. He said it's true that he is serious in general and that he usually relaxes more when he's among friends. He's a Cancer so, I guess, it makes sense..lol

Anyway, I think we're going to get along fine tomorrow, after all. If there is any chemistry between us..remains to be seen.

Jeff sent me a nice b/day text message:

sweet miss marple, you may be a year older but your pretty smile will last for ever...happy birthday, sweetheart

I thanked him and wished him a good night and he wrote back that he'll be in touch.

If only we could be into people who are into us

I just called Larry to confirm plans for tonight and he cancelled the date. He didn't give any reason, he just said 'something came up' and didn't offer to reschedule. Granted he was at work so maybe he couldn't talk more but if by tonight, he hasn't called with an explanation as to why he cancelled the date and asked for another date, he's off my list.

I got talking to this guy who seemed nice and polite and he had a couple of good pics, too. Then he asked for my phone number and we started talking. First thing I told him was 'is everything on your profile true?'. 'Of course', he said...sounding a little insulted. 'Ok', I said, 'it's just that many men have lied to me about their age and that's why I ask'.

So, he says 'ummmmm I'm not sure what age I've put on my profile'. I say '52' and he goes 'oh, I don't know how that happened...I'm 55'.

I deleted him and blocked his number

Archived