Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

link removed

link removed

The human microbiome, the collection of trillions of microbes living in and on the human body, is not random, and scientists believe that it plays a role in many basic life processes. As science continues to explore and better understand the role of the human microbiome. A new report from the American Academy of Microbiology addresses questions about this growing area of research.

Nope! Not kidding!! Bacteria play a very crucial role in our health and well-being (not to mention disease states).

I think you should forward him the link, lol.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they hated each other and I think they would have even if they hadn't talked before. The funny thing was that, after we left the bar, my friend said 'pffft he's such a loser, did you hear what he said about women?' (he had said that most of the women he's dated, have used him in one way or another). What I didn't tell her was that that is exactly what she says about guys SHE's dated

Yes, many times.

It's not that I disagree with him..it's that, when something is a dealbreaker for you, why even start a convo with the other person? What would I tell him? I'm a smoker but if I meet you and we fall in love, I'll quit?

I agree. I never contacted or accepted contact from a smoker. I think he just wanted to vent.

UPDATE

Matt, (the 44yo computer guy with the blue eyes, Gemini, single, no kids) is supposed to call me this morning to confirm plans for tonight. I'm excited as I had really liked our conversation, both online and on the phone and his pics, too.

However...

A few weeks ago I had had a short chat with some other guy. Andy, also 44, office clerk, divorced with 2 sons, 20 and 19, used to live in my neighbourhood and moved recently. Our chat had been pleasant until he said something like he'd rather talk on the phone and I had taken it the wrong way..long story short we had deleted each other. He emailed me last night and apologised and asked for a second chance. So, we talked, I apologised, too, and we finally took our convo to phone. I liked his voice and the chat, he's very honest and straight forward, just like myself. In the end, he asked me to meet today.

I explained I already had plans but, in case they fall through (that is, if Matt doesn't call until 2pm - I had told him he has to let me know until that time), I'll call him and we can arrange to meet tonight. He was fine with it and suggested, if we can't make it tonight, to meet tomorrow.

So, it looks like I'll have a date tonight, one way or another. I'm more drawn to Matt so, I'd rather meet him but when we had talked, he had seemed to be a non-planner (I'm the opposite) and I was the one who had insisted on him calling me before 2pm so, I won't be surprised if he bails. Andy, on the other hand, is a planner and I appreciate that.

Well, Matt didn't call, just as I thought (my damn instinct!), so, I called Andy and we're going out tonight.

I also started talking to some other guy and everything looked fine, he's a vet and I love animals, he has a cat, I have a cat, he's an Aquarius like myself..until..he said he's separated, not single as his profile says. I asked him about divorce proceedings, he hasn't even started them! So, I said bye bye.

Alex (the non smoker) just called me and asked if I'd be interested in meeting him some time this week. I told him I don't think we're compatible because of the smoking issue and we had a long talk about it. He said it's not like he's asking me to have a relationship, just a cup of coffee, and that if there's no chemistry between us, we can be friends, he really likes my style blah blah and that if there is chemistry, maybe he can help me quit. Eventually, I agreed to meet just once and see what happens..but I made it clear to him that if, during the date, he starts lecturing me about smoking, I'll leave immediately. He said he understands and he promised we won't talk about smoking AT ALL. So, we'll see. I'm not very bothered by all this because I get the same feeling from him like I did from Matt..that he's a last minute person and that will never work with me, not even for one date.

UPDATE

The date with Andy went unexpectedly well...maybe because I expected it to be boring. He's very talkative in person and better looking than his pics. He took me to a nice cafe and proceeded to talk for about 45 mins non stop. However, I found him likeable. When he stopped talking, we laughed a lot. I didn't get a chance to talk much about myself but that was my 'fault' because he had thought we'd stay there for at least 1 more hour and when he started asking questions about me, I said we had to go. Anyway, I'd like to see him again and I messaged him after the date thank you etc and said I hope I'll see you again (I don't say that often..actually..never..lol). He hasn't replied yet and I'll be quite disappointed if he doesn't...he's the sort of guy I could see myself with, either as friends or as something more.

Our chat had been pleasant until he said something like he'd rather talk on the phone and I had taken it the wrong way..long story short we had deleted each other..

Argh! Enough with the deleting! Especially when it leads to:

I'd like to see him again and I messaged him after the date thank you etc and said I hope I'll see you again (I don't say that often..actually..never..lol). He hasn't replied yet and I'll be quite disappointed if he doesn't...he's the sort of guy I could see myself with, either as friends or as something more.

](*,)

Andy replied to my text message this morning...can't say I'm thrilled with the reply:

good morning, we had fun, we laughed a lot...i had a good time'

There's no mention of seeing each other again and no question to be answered so, I don't plan on contacting him again.

Patrick also sent me a text message saying he'll call me at 8pm...God knows why.

I just saw Greg online. I guess he saw me, too. We're still on our lists but we haven't talked since that day...but we don't delete each other either.

I wonder if I should do something to 'clear the air' between us, so to speak. I mean send an email, for example, and tell him that I'd like to be friends and to just forget about that message. I miss our talks.

Stupid move?

I just logged on the site and found this email by S:

Good morning. I thought about it and I decided that I don't want to go out with you...the fact that you got so upset the other day makes me think we won't be compatible in the long run. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

He had also deleted me from his list.

The above guy sent me a friend request today..2 months after that email. I emailed him saying 'hadn't you said that we wouldn't be compatible, etc'? He said 'yes, I remember what I had said but I'd like to meet you if you're ok with it'.

Well, I wasn't ok with it. I didn't accept his request. I guess in these 2 months he went out with a bunch of women from the site and it got him nowhere. I looked at his profile and he says stuff like most women on the site lie about themselves. Ha! I can't deny I enjoyed it

The above guy sent me a friend request today..2 months after that email. I emailed him saying 'hadn't you said that we wouldn't be compatible, etc'? He said 'yes, I remember what I had said but I'd like to meet you if you're ok with it'.

Well, I wasn't ok with it. I didn't accept his request. I guess in these 2 months he went out with a bunch of women from the site and it got him nowhere. I looked at his profile and he says stuff like most women on the site lie about themselves. Ha! I can't deny I enjoyed it

That happened to me quite often - no big deal - it didn't even make a blip on the on line dating radar.

sophie, I thought about that but if that was the case, wouldn't he have taken me off his list? I mean our last talk was me telling him I like him as a friend. Other men I've said that to, took me off their lists.

I think it's speculation too as to why he didn't delete you- just leave him be.

Alex (the non smoker) called me and we talked for a while. It's so strange that the person currently showing the most interest in me is the one who shouldn't have messaged me in the first place. He said he'll call later, too, if it's ok. I imagine when he calls again, he'll ask me out, too.

Patrick also called. It seems like he just wants to make a new friend and I'm fine with that. We talked about general stuff mostly whining about his allergies and the price of gas...lol It's a shame nothing happened between him and my friend, I felt like I was listening to her..in a male voice

Alex (the non smoker) called me and we talked for a while. It's so strange that the person currently showing the most interest in me is the one who shouldn't have messaged me in the first place. He said he'll call later, too, if it's ok. I imagine when he calls again, he'll ask me out, too.

Oh yeah, people are funny like that. Or they say they don't want drama, and then they fall for the craziest person out there. I don't think people actually know what they want sometimes.

Archived