Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

I thought I was going to be moving in early march at the latest... that came and went.

Basically, around the middle of Feb I sent off a load of paperwork to my solicitors and started waiting. Since then I've had little updates every couple of weeks, usually after I've nagged them a bit. I assumed it was going to take a few weeks, but here we are over 2 months later and I still don't actually know how much longer it's going to take. There's absolutely nothing I can do except wait and keep nagging. The last update I had, a week ago, indicated they had everything they need.

I could be moving within the next couple of weeks. But then again, I've said exactly those words every week for the last 2.5 months.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh....glad someone's happy. Canceled out ALL my meetup groups cuz he is in them. Can we say 'stalker'? Last year when he was doing the hot/cold thing...i signed up for all the meetups. That way, if he wasn't feeling it for me...he could just stay away..but I'd still have fun!!!! lol

But now he's more 'buddies' with the head leader guy....biking together...doing things together...now that I'm out of the picture.

So I'm now OUT...and he's IN. And it sucks.....because meetup was my family. We had a subsection that was very small...and we did everything together. ugh

Weather has gotten very nice here also! So glad you got a hunny. I try to tell people, it's so much more fun doing it with someone you love...than just doing it with a buddy. They don't understand...cuz they never felt that way with someone.

Going walking with another meetup guy this weekend. I've known him for a year....a little. Not interested in him romantically. He gets to hear about Tom...and i get to hear about his ex's. FUN!

My poor CJ. She's not having a good time right now.

She lives with her mum in a very depressing, 60+ apartment building. It's a dump. Probably due to the bad plumbing, it's always overly humid and this has caused mould to grow, however much she cleans. All the neighbours either have dementia or are really inconsiderate (some are both, but it's obviously not their fault). They hate living there, but it was all they could get.

Yesterday she had an argument with a family member of the old guy living above her. He makes tons of noise all the time, moving things around all night, banging his stick on the floor. She reckons that he should be in a proper old-people's home, because it's obvious that he can hardly cope on his own. She says that the family don't care. I'm not going to go into it any more here and I'm definitely not going to get involved.

She's made up her mind that she has to get out now, but it's hard.

I want to help, but there isn't a lot I can do.

Sounds like CJ will be moving in with you as soon as you get your place.

Oh believe me, that thought keeps popping up in my head.

I'd love to say "Just come and live happily ever after with me", but I know it's too soon. I'm nearly certain that our relationship would be dead within a few months if we moved in together now. And on top of that, she's said that she doesn't want to move in with somebody unless she was engaged to that person.

We actually have had a serious conversation about marriage and neither of us are in any rush to take that leap. It's something we both take seriously. I definitely wouldn't say that I don't want to spend the rest of my life with her, but it's far too soon to say that I do. She's got the additional first-hand experience of what happens when you rush into marriage with the wrong person... I can see her point of view.

But it feels terrible knowing that she's having such a hard time, while I'm in the process of buying a nice new apartment for myself.

I really don't have a clue why it's taken so long. I feel like it should have been sorted out 2 months back, but I just had to keep waiting.

Somebody suggested that maybe my solicitors were slowing the process down on purpose, to try to get more money out of me. But I got their bill at the weekend and it's the same amount I was quoted back in January....

Of course they want their money straight away. If only I could say "OK, I'll send the money soon" and make them wait a month or two...

Archived