Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and CJ are taking her mum out for a meal tonight.

CJ asked me if I could bring my video camera along, because they're thinking of making some messages for people, in case the worst happens.

I just can't imagine what it feels like.

This could be the last time I see her mum.

I suppose it's better knowing the risks, than for it to happen out of the blue.

Obviously they're going to do the best they for her. They wouldn't be doing it if they seriously thought she was going to die... it's just... it feels so "kill-or-cure"

I'm going to see if CJ wants me to come along tomorrow morning. I hate the thought of her waiting alone.

What a terrible situation. I can't imagine how CJ is feeling. I try to think about my own mom, if it were her, and I can't. I panic.

I hope she will let you go with her tomorrow. She's going to need you.

I don't pray a lot, but I will do so for CJ and her momma.

Hang in there!

Even I am feeling the pain of waiting for the worst to happen. I feel like it's definitely better to prepare for the worst, and at the same time my emotions would take over me as I think that these will be the few days I have left to see someone I love for the last time.

I would clear my schedule, take off work, etc. and and just have these last few days all dedicated to the person I may never see again.

So please, ask CJ to cherish the last moments with her mom and make the best of it. Resolve any long term grudges and have the best time possible, because that may be the last memory they have of each other.

I'm sorry if I am being pessimistic about the operation, but a moment like this is actually a beautiful thing. How often do people who pass away gets a proper send off? I know the elders in my family all passed away unexpectedly and there was so much we'd like to speak to them before they go.

I'm staying over at theirs tonight and dropping them off at the hospital. She's going to be going in at 7am and they'll operate as soon as possible.

I'm not sure what's happening and when, but I've told my manager that I might be late.

I'm glad we got the chance to get some nice photos and my family got to meet her. Hopefully there will be plenty more happy times in the future.

Current situation:

CJ and mother are at the hospital. There are a number of operations scheduled for today and CJ's mum is going to be later.

Both quite scared, but hopeful. The doctors have said that the more recent test results are better than they expected, so they're more optimistic than before.

Still, it's not a routine operation for a 67-year-old.

Last night was slightly surreal.

I went round to see them both and stayed the night, so that I could give them a lift to the hospital this morning.

CJ asked me to bring my video camera with me. We made a little video message for their family, just in case it was the last chance she had. Her mum didn't really like the idea, but understood that it was important.

Her mum told me that she's so happy that me and CJ found each other. She said I'm a good man, who she knows will take care of CJ if anything bad happens. It makes her feel good, seeing both of us so happy together.

CJ said that they're going out for a relaxing lunch in the sun today.

Her mum said she's a bit glad it was delayed, because there were lots of things she wanted to sort out that she won't be able to do when she's recovering from the operation.

I'm off camping tomorrow. Just an overnighter with some mad friends. Should be good.

A little while ago, my parents bought me some artificial grass for my balcony, to make it look a bit different. I hadn't got around to putting it down, so my parents offered to sort it out while I was away camping.

They didn't just put the grass down.

They made me an entire garden. The grass, little fences, planters, a mini fountain...

I must get some pictures.

Archived