Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my gym-before-work-every-day thing didn't last long.

Tuesday: Yeah

Wednesday: Hell Yeah!

Thursday: zzzzzz.....what time is it? Crap I need to go to work in 10 minutes! WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES!!!!

I'm going to go after work today, I don't have any other plans. And that means that I can spend longer in there... In theory.

Me and CJ have come up with an idea. It's kind of big.

Once her mum is well enough to not need her around all the time, CJ's going to temporarily come live with me, for about a month.

During that time we're going to kick-start our fitness plan.

The problem is that we're both very keen to get fit, use the gym, sort out our diet, etc...

But we only spend a couple of days together each week and we try to make the most of that short time by getting out and about, having fun.

Our thinking, is that if we have a month where we spend most of our free time together, we'll have a chance to push ourselves into the things we'd rather not be doing. Also it would put us both within a minute's walk of a free gym every morning.

So CJ's been staying with me for nearly 2 weeks now. Liking it so far.

I do have 2 concerns so far:

1. She does too much housework. I work longer hours than her and 2 days more, so she has more time and less money. It makes sense for her to help me keep the place tidy, but she doesn't leave anything for me to do. I think I need to mention it, because I can predict that I'll get lazy.

2. The fitness thing hasn't taken off yet. It hasn't really changed at all. She's done some exercises with me in the living room once and that's it. She still hasn't set foot inside the gym and I haven't been since Sunday.

When I get a bit more practice I'll post another instalment of Cooking With Snapper

I've been cooking quite a bit recently. Last night I baked some salmon and some broccoli-cheese. I also made a shepherds pie last week and a curry.

Cooking is pretty easy really.

And when your girlfriend needs cheering up, fresh baked salmon and broccoli cooked in cheese sauce does a good job.

1. She does too much housework.

I read this as...."she doesn't do too much housework."

I never thought doing too much housework was a BAD thing! Trust me...enjoy it while you can!

It sounds silly, but what I mean is that I don't want her to be my maid.

I have a tendency to be lazy. If somebody does something for me too much, I kind of... forget that it's something that needs to be done. It just happens.

I'm trying to keep on top of housework and be independent.

• 1 month later...

It's been quite a while since I posted anything. I suppose I'm kind of fading out of ENA, don't really need any advice.

Things have been great over the last couple of months.

CJ's still living with me. We still haven't killed each other. We've had disagreements, but nothing serious (I don't think anybody could live with another person for nearly 3 months and not argue a bit)

Looking forward to Christmas together and our first anniversary as a couple.

I just realised that I didn't mention my trip! I made a post about it in the travel section, but didn't post in here.

A couple of weeks ago I went on a very last-minute business trip, to Taiwan, on my own. I'd never been out of the country before, let alone 6000 miles away.

I loved it! I spent a total of 2 days on planes and waiting in airports, 3 days working at our customer's office and 2 days being a tourist in Taipei. All expenses paid of course.

The food was great, the people were friendly, everything was incredibly cheap (although I didn't care too much, seeing I it wasn't my money I was spending).

Got some good pictures too

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Happy Snapper. I hope all is well with you and CJ and that you both had a wonderful Xmas.

Hello. Yes all is well. I haven't logged in for so long, I'd nearly forgotten about this place. Just thought I'd drop in again.

Me and CJ spent our 1st anniversary on a trip to London. She really is pretty damn wonderful, we both make each other so happy.

We had a lovely Christmas, we spent the 25th at my parents house and invited CJ's mum too. Seems like so long ago.

Yesterday, we did all the usual Valentines stuff. I help CJ dye her hair, I cooked her some meatballs and we watched batman returns together. Neither of us really go mad about Valentines day. We don't need a special day to show we love each other, we do that every day anyway.

Loving every minute... apart from when she forces me to go shopping...

Archived