Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Musings of a boring nerd

happy_snapper

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, one of the loveliest sights I've seen for a while, was CJ and my older sister sat on a swing-seat, deep in conversation. And the fact that they were discussing IBS somehow made it even lovelier.

They get on so well. They all do, but somehow I can see a particular... link, between her and my older sister. They're very similar in a number of ways.

And it's so important that they get on. I'm very close to my family and I don't know what I'd do if they didn't get on with CJ. Seeing them all talking and laughing makes me so happy. She's part of the family.

The weather briefly remembered that it's summer yesterday.

Me and CJ went to the beach and had a picnic.

We also wrote "CHAN PETE" in massive letters in the sand.

I ran up to the top of the cliff to get some pictures of it and she added "MY SOULMATE" underneath.

When I got back she said she had lots of other ideas what to write while I was on my way up, but opted for the soulmate one.

"I'M PREGNANT" (she's not)

"MARRY ME!"

"NOT REALLY! YOU'RE DUMPED"

"LOOK OUT THERE'S A GOAT BEHIND YOU" (to read it you have to be stood quite close to a cliff edge and there are goats up there)

And, my favourite, she was going to add to our original message and make it: "CHAN PETE'S C**K"

She has such a lovely mind.

Hahahaha, those phrases are so funny! I particularly liked the goat one. That'll give me a real scare.

Btw, are any of these copy righted? I might just use them if I had date

(Jk, I know that I've gotta be original to even have a chance of impressing the ladies

Hahahaha, those phrases are so funny! I particularly liked the goat one. That'll give me a real scare.

Btw, are any of these copy righted? I might just use them if I had date

(Jk, I know that I've gotta be original to even have a chance of impressing the ladies

I wouldn't write "I'm pregnant" if I were you.

Here's what you do: You find a beach with an overlooking cliff. Get down there early and prepare your message in the sand.

Then you meet her and take her up to the top.

You say "I have a question for you."

You point down to the beach.

She looks down...

"PLEASE CAN I HAVE A BLOWJOB?" in 20 foot letters.

So romantic.

I've suddenly realised that I've nearly got my apartment tidy...

I've got rid of the cardboard boxes, hung my pictures, got furniture for my balcony... I've even put the clock on the wall!

All I need to do now is sort through the pile of paperwork currently on my dining table, find a better place for my barbell and weights, sort out the crap on top of the fridge...

And I've still got plans!

Plan #1: I have a big chunk of space next to my bed, which I think I could potentially fill with a second desk.

The one in the living room is my computer desk and it's covered in computer stuff. What I'd like, is a place to work on my various electronic projects and stuff.

Plan II: The lighting in my bedroom is crap. There's one wall mounted fluorescent light, which throws out about as much as a small candle, and two bedside lamps that are fairly decent.

I plan to get some flat LED strips and put them on the ceiling in some kind of pattern. It should throw a bit more light around and not feel so gloomy.

Third Plan: Get a full-sized fridge-freezer. The one I have is ok, but I need more freezer space.

Plan D: Storage! Storage! Storage! Storage! And possibly a bookshelf.

I have quite a lot of free space and not a great deal of storage for stuff.... that's as far as that plan goes so far.

Me and CJ went swimming on Saturday. She said that she's going to teach me to swim, but I think she needs to remember how to do it herself before she can teach anyone. She wasn't as good as she thought she'd be.

"I've lost it! Why can't I remember how to do this?"

"When was the last time you swam?"

"I don't know, a while, maybe five or six years... around... 2006... no 2004"

"That's 11 years."

"Oh yeah. Maybe that's why I can't remember how to swim."

Had a bit of a shock at the weekend too.

We're both unhappy about our weight and general lack fitness and are starting to make an effort to lose some (hence swimming).

I bought some bathroom scales to help us keep track.

Two surprises:

1: I weigh 93kg (204lb). I have no idea how that's happened. I thought I might be around 13 stone, but I'm over 14 and a half.

2: CJ weighs nearly exactly the same. We're the same height, weight, shoe size, cup size... oh wait, no, not cup size yet.

But yeah... Not too happy with that. Hopefully we're both going to do something about it.

Go to the gym together or with another buddy. It gets much easier to go if you have a friend go with you, because you'll feel accountable for each other.

I've been going with a friend nearly every day for 2 weeks and when I weighed in yesterday, I lost 3 pounds so far.

We do exercise together quite often... if you know what I mean... \\

My eventual plan is to go to the gym every day, even if it's just for 30-45 mins. I need to drag CJ down there sometime too. And with the pool just round the corner, maybe we can do that once a week.

And we both need to take a good look at what we eat. Too much sweet stuff, too much fatty stuff...

Archived