Prayers for Japan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More rattling; M3~M6 in the last hour Saturday morning Japan time. Far from over yet; now a nuclear power plant in danger of radiation leak as the pressure is rising due to the cooling system failing after the quake.

Over 7 million without power either...

I was talking to my mom earlier as my grandmother lives three hours north of Sendai; probably not affected by the tsunami as she's on the opposite coast though just praying she's in a safe place. I'm sure the phones are tied up as there's no way to get a hold of her.

Just heart wrenching to know all the people that lost their loved ones not to mention trying to find out if they're okay or not

More rattling; M3~M6 in the last hour Saturday morning Japan time. Far from over yet; now a nuclear power plant in danger of radiation leak as the pressure is rising due to the cooling system failing after the quake.

Over 7 million without power either...

I was talking to my mom earlier as my grandmother lives three hours north of Sendai; probably not affected by the tsunami as she's on the opposite coast though just praying she's in a safe place. I'm sure the phones are tied up as there's no way to get a hold of her.

Just heart wrenching to know all the people that lost their loved ones not to mention trying to find out if they're okay or not

I hope your family is okay, sidehop!

There are thousands of people here (out in the Pacific, where we had sirens and evacuations all night, but only mild property damage) who can't get through to loved ones in Japan. It's awful.

Last night I heard a nuclear reactor was "on fire" -- I'm not sure if that was correct, but I would think that would be the worst kind of catastrophe.

Does anyone here have a good understanding of Japanese emergency response procedures? I'd like to know where all those people are going. ?

I've only just found out about this and haven't been able to stop crying. I've got some family in Tokyo. Don't know yet if they are ok. It is hard to get a hold of anyone or any infomation like that yet. Hoping someone here gets an email or something soon at least.

I hope everyone finds their families and loved ones, and my heart is with all those people suffering right now. It's so awful, I wish we could take that and this suffering is eased soon soon soon.

Enotalone is a real community to me. Moments like this you see it more than anything. Big love to you all, everyone stay safe.

Does anyone here have a good understanding of Japanese emergency response procedures? I'd like to know where all those people are going. ?

I've only just found out about this and haven't been able to stop crying. I've got some family in Tokyo. Don't know yet if they are ok. It is hard to get a hold of anyone or any infomation like that yet. Hoping someone here gets an email or something soon at least.

I hope everyone finds their families and loved ones, and my heart is with all those people suffering right now. It's so awful, I wish we could take that and this suffering is eased soon soon soon.

Enotalone is a real community to me. Moments like this you see it more than anything. Big love to you all, everyone stay safe.

I'm not sure of the exact procedures and pretty sure they are well equipped but in situations like this I'm sure they'll need all the help they can get.

My wife did talk to her friend in Tokyo where they obviously got hit with the quake but no major loss like up north.

My thoughts and prayers are with thoes that have been struck by the catastrophic earthquake and the major tsunami in Japan.

A little update declared at 5 nuclear reactors in Japan. . .1 nuclear reactor is detected to be leaking.

here: link removed

So very sad to hear. Prayers and thoughts to all in Japan. I know a few friends over there but was relieved to hear that they are okay.

I know some that also have family there, so this is very concerning. My heart sunk when I heard the news this morning.

My best friend is Japanese, (lives in the U.S.) she still has people in Japan, not sure if they are safe or not. I have another friend that lives in Indonesia.

The news continues to get worse, it's devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan and with all others affected by this tragedy

Archived