Prayers for Japan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is so heartbreaking to watch on television the devastation that has been brought to so many families and homes. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people of japan, i hope that they can comfort and help eachother in such difficult times and i hope that god will give some hope too these people and bless and watch over country that has been left with nothing only heartache

I also feel awful for the workers in the nuclear plant who are trying to deal with that disaster.... the horrible stress they are under knowing that Japan and many other nations are depending on them....and the knowledge that they are being exposed to a large amount of radiation which will likely dramatically shorten their life.

They're still pumping sea water to keep it cool I believe for the #4 plant as of this morning. They did have to evacuate momentarily as the radiation level spiked. One of my wife's friend in northern Tokyo is going through the 3-hour on/off electricity distribution. She said it took her hour and a half just to buy some strawberries for her daughter. Aside from a lot of waiting to buy groceries guess a lot of things are operating normally in the area at least.

What outstanding bravery shown by those men who are working to contain the damage at the nuclear power station - they know that their lives are in great danger and that they may die and yet they still go in, shift after shift, to try to save the lives of others.

link removed

I woke up this morning and felt really sad for the people in / of Japan. We take so many things for granted and here those people are, on the other side of the world, suffering, while we all sleep comfortably in our beds. My heart goes out to them, i really and truly hope a nuclear disaster is averted

My prayers go out for all the people, children, and animals in Japan that got hit by an 8.9 earthquake. The earthquake lasted for over a minute. Tsunami alerts went off immediately and CNN is showing so much flooding. I hope the people there are okay and can find shelter until tsunami warnings are lifted.

Ditto on that. No doubt though, Japan will recover. Thankfully (at least for the survivors), nearly all the recent natural disasters have happened in developed countries, earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, floods (Queensland, and Victoria) and fires (Western Australia) in Australia.

It's sad when you hear the stories of some of the survivors on the news though, I watched one where a mother had escaped but seen her daughter swept away. =(

Hi I'm in the Tokyo area. We weren't badly affected by the quake or tsunami, but have had shortages of gas and certain foods, and occasional blackouts. And of course the fear of radiation hanging over us at all times. A few days after the quake, the nuclear power plant, which was already damaged, experienced an explosion. Radiation levels in my area increased to 20 times the normal level, but we were assured it was still safe. Of course many foreigners decided to leave at that point. We considered leaving but my daughter didn't have a passport yet so we were stuck.

Then last week radiation levels were detected in the tap water that were high enough to make it unsafe for infants. My daughter is one and a half, so not an infant but still a baby. At that point we decided to book tickets (we had already begun applying for her passport). Although the water levels returned to within the normal range the next day, it was just one scare too many for me. My husband (who is Japanese) was just on his way out of the country for a business trip when the quake struck, so then he was gone for a week and it was just me and the kids, who are too young to have any idea of what's going on. The effort of trying to make life seem normal for them, while dealing with shortages, power outages, fear of radiation, plus the knowledge of how much people had lost and were suffering up north, has been a real strain on me. Additionally, the Japanese are admirably stoic in the face of such a nightmarish disaster, but on the other hand I feel like I can't talk to anyone about how freaked out I am about all this, for fear of bringing others down. Anyway on Friday we're leaving to go stay with my family in Canada for a week, and see what direction things move in while we're there.

My heart is broken for all those who have lost their lives, or their loved ones, and everything they owned.

Archived