Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Annie, do you know exactly how Gwynnie Bee works? I'm wondering what they do when I order a dress, wear it, send it back. Do they clean it then send it to the next customer?

Yes, they dry clean it between customers. They also include instructions on how to wash (or if a garment is dry-clean only) if you do decide to wear it a few times before sending it back (or buying it).

Unlike Netflix, you can't rank your queue. You pick out at least 20 items (I have 37 right now), and then you get whatever is available, so it's a surprise each time. That makes it hard, for example, if there is a particular dress you want to wear to a certain event to plan for it.

Her legs are so not proportionate to her body. Photoshopped clearly, lol. I hate when they do that.

Yes. I feel like Target's models are especially photoshopped and poorly, by someone who used MS Paint. (White splotch on crotch...)

link removed

Try Le Tote or Rent The Runway. They might have clothing rental there too - I don't know.

I checked them out. Le tote has some pretty awful feedback...so I'm going to skip that. Lol

And Rent the Runway looks awesome! But a bit too fancy for me- they rent things out per item (so $35-90 per dress). Not a lot of options in Canada. Hopefully someone comes up with something like that site you're using.

Hey guys, guess what? I went on a date, lol. I've also removed more body hair, but I'm guessing you want to hear about the date.

I went out with "Benji." He's 32 and new to the area. He's cute but also 2 inches shorter than his profile (5'7" instead of 5'9"). We had a nice time. Conversation was easy overall, we kind of work in similar fields, but different enough that there was a lot to learn, so we had a lot to talk about. He's very mellow and laid back. Downside: he's just here for the summer for work and is moving back to his home base 6 hours away in the fall. I looked at his profile again (I must have missed it or not cared the first time I read it), but he's only looking for new friends or casual dating. I told him I had fun and told him to call me sometime. So.... we'll see. I didn't feel crazy chemistry, but we did have a lot to talk about, and given our fields and interests, it's good networking I guess.....

on a totally funny topic, my friend has 2 sons and the youngest (about 4) is really into Barbies and making clothes for the barbies. Which I think is cool because his parents aren't forcing him to play with trucks, they let him play with whatever he wants. Anyway, in the last week, Ken got 2 Barbies pregnant and her son has been making maternity dresses for them now. hahaha. Ken needs to get a snip snip. (Turns out his kindergarten teacher was pregnant so I guess he learned from that???)

Well, I'm 5'7" and I had to look slightly down to look at his eyes. I was wearing flat shoes too.

Yes, nice practice date, lol.

Oh okay, fair enough. Damn liars! Would it be awkward if you called him out, or is that just a mental note you make sort of immediately?

I'm going to think of a way...perhaps an app to remove these lies from our lives. Some kind of scanner and ruler, that you take a selfie with and measure it, perhaps a laser? Lasers are always good. It'd have it on your profile.. "Scano Verified"

Oh okay, fair enough. Damn liars! Would it be awkward if you called him out, or is that just a mental note you make sort of immediately?

I'm going to think of a way...perhaps an app to remove these lies from our lives. Some kind of scanner and ruler, that you take a selfie with and measure it, perhaps a laser? Lasers are always good. It'd have it on your profile.. "Scano Verified"

I make a mental note, lol. I'm always paranoid that someone is going to tell me that my photos look better online than I do in person. But then again, height is objective.

Men over 6 feet tell the truth about their height. That's what I've found. Men who are 5'11" round up as well.

Hmmm...I sometimes wonder if people actually KNOW how tall they are. I mean, I get that height is way more of a thing for men than for women (in the sense that men worry about it more because some women are EXTREMELY picky when it comes to height and won't even give a glance to someone shorter than a certain height).

I, for example, thought I was a certain height for years. It's on my driver's license, on my medical paperwork, etc. I never questioned it until I was talking to my mom one day and realized that she's only barely taller than me now -- almost eye-level. She had been taller than me for a long time, by several inches, so I asked her about it. She told me that, due to advancing age, she had "shrunk" a bit, but she offered to measure me. She did, and in fact, I was two inches taller than I thought! My driver's license reflects my height at age 16, and I just assumed I hadn't grown! So...you just never know...he might just have estimated his height. Still, it's probably more likely he fibbed.

I can see why someone would be off by 1-2 inches with height. It's not like most people measure themselves and unless you've been diligent about going to the doctor, you're not going to have a current measurement or anything.

I'm 5'7'' too. I prefer guys my height or taller.

2 for the price of 1!

lol!!

I went out to dinner with my friend charlene. While she was in the restroom, a guy at the table next to us asked me for my Facebook and I gave it to him.... uh, why I don't know. i told him I post a lot about science. he said he wanted to look at my pics. now he's asking me if i'm single. uh.....? i'm not really interested...? i don't know what to respond.

Archived