Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend was told that he is a father now from his abusive ex.

Platinum Member
    How old are you?

Platinum Member
    You are attracted to the drama. May I suggest you start watching a soap opera? Or take up acting classes?

Has a paternity test been done? If not, that needs to be the first thing.

He's inserting himself into this drama. And vanishing on you.

How do you see the future with a guy who deals with things in this way?

And no, it is not everyone else's fault. He chose, as an adult, to engage in drama. He gets something he likes out of it or he wouldn't participate.

Do you like drama and adrenaline and anxiety coursing through your veins? Do you like wondering if your guy is truly committed to you? Do you enjoy wondering where he is and who he's with?

If not, you know what to do. You don't have to WANT to do it and you don't have to like it, but unless you want the next few years to be exactly as they are now it's best to yank off the bandaid now.

He said he want's nothing to do with her anymore. Only be there for the kid. But idk how strong he can be to actually trust himself and know what is good and what is bad.

I am 22 and in my Senior year of college.

I did take in acting class last year in college but it wasn't a good fit. I am a Psychology major but it wasn't right for me. It was fun but no future. But I can see how it can benefit from the drama. I don't like watching Soap operas because they are boring and it hurts my head from the drama...but yeah I can see why.

I tried to tell him to buy at least the Paternity kit which is like between $100-150, but I don't know. I suggested it. If I was a male I do definitely buy it to be for sure. I wouldn't care about the cost.

I don't like drama at all. But who else doesn't? It''s not that he is engaged with it. It's just his past keeps coming back and making it worse. He never asked for it to be a big deal. So yeah he runs like a coward but he just doesn't want to overwhelmed with it because he tell's himself alot that he is a P.O.S because he knows what he has done and he knew it was wrong.

I am a Psychology major and in my senior year of college. I am planning on getting my Master's in either Education counseling or mental health counseling. I don't know which one yet but they both sound perfect. And yeah I was playing therapists which is not good. I am a college student who is still dealing with relationships that is like high school relationship drama. I know I'm dumb. But I met him and I was interested in him and we opened up to each other because of this bond we created. I never thought that his ex would come back into his life. He never opened up to anyone about his abuse till he met me. Not even to his family because he felt scared. Yeah we shared a lot of secrets and trauma, we trusted each other to open up about it. We both felt safe. But it is what it is and I told him today that it best to focus on our problems separate. He apologized for everything and never meant to hurt me...but yeah it was bad timing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice