LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Innocent looks?

Innocent looks?

Hey everyone, I hope this won't sound too superficial but it has been bugging me for a while now. So I've been told a few times I look innocent. I didn't pay too much attention to it, but today a friend of mine told me I look 'so virginal', and I didn't like it to be honest. I don't know how you can tell that someone looks innocent or not, or maybe I just don't think about it, but I'm just tired of people being shocked when they learn I did something (remotely) sexual.
    My friend reacted that way when I told her about my recent night out, and that I made out with a guy in a club.
    I think I just need to vent, I don't know why I give these innocent vibes. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just annoying.

What do you think they mean by 'innocent'?

Ignore the comments. There's no need to take the bait or discuss your history. Keep them guessing. Be yourself and just laugh off nonsense remarks like that.
    Originally Posted by kim42
    a friend of mine told me I look 'so virginal', My friend reacted that way when I told her about my recent night out, and that I made out with a guy in a club.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    What do you think they mean by 'innocent'?
    I have no idea. I'm usually nice to people but I'm not super shy or quiet, so I don't why they assume I'm innocent. I smile a lot but I don't know if it matters.

How important is all this to you? It seems rather inconsequential. Don't worry about what other people think or say. Get some self-confidence.

Is it the sloth pajamas?
    Originally Posted by kim42
    I don't why they assume I'm innocent.

Do you look younger than you actually are? Like, do you look like you are 12? Do you have a baby face? That's all I can come up with as to why people would say that to you. Best thing to do is just ignore them.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Is it the sloth pajamas?
    Definitely 🙈

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    How important is all this to you? It seems rather inconsequential. Don't worry about what other people think or say. Get some self-confidence.
    It's not very important, it has been bugging me for a while but I don't lose my sleep over it. I agree I need to work on my self-confidence, it's an ongoing issue.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Do you look younger than you actually are? Like, do you look like you are 12? Do you have a baby face? That's all I can come up with as to why people would say that to you. Best thing to do is just ignore them.
    I think I do look younger, because I'm petite I guess. Not 12 though, I wear makeup and wear feminine clothes, but people usually assume I'm younger. I have a very soft voice so maybe that's why. Not really a baby face. I'll just ignore these comments, I don't know why it hit me today. Thanks for your comment :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice