LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just friends?

Silver Member
    I presume she was either looking to monkey branch or add an orbiter just in case. Nobody would risk a functioning relationship to add a ďfriendĒ.. you also donít act all flirty and touchy with a ďfriendĒ.
    Like I said, I was clear and concise with my counter rejection of being friends only. So Iím not doing anything aside from venting really.

Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    I have no plans to do anything.
    The whole episode is just confusing to me though. If she had a bf why would you go out alone with a single guy youíve been flirting with for months?
    That's a really good question and only she knows her reasoning. Time to steer clear of her.

Bronze Member
    She could have been looking for an ego boost. I'd let her go, I know you are confused, but I wouldn't lose more time thinking about her.

She is having an emotional affair with you....she doesn't get that special attention from her BF so she seeks it out with you. You can look but can't touch. In the old days she would be referred to as a c*&^ tease. And that my dear will give you blue balls. So I will give this to you straight. You will never be able to "hit that" ever. You are being used. She may call it a friendship, but it's not. Just a girl needing some attention, then goes home to her BF. So stop being an orbiter and meet other girls that are actually interested in dating you.

Silver Member
    I actually went out with her a second time because she actually said she was seeing someone not that she had a BF. Itís a small difference but seemed like the fort was ajar, when all other interest signs were there.
    Regardless not pursuing and going on with life.

She has a BF. She is off limits. Cut it off with her since both of you didn't enforce healthy boundaries.

Remain civil, peaceful, polite, well-mannered yet professional.

The next time she contacts you, tell her it's time to cease texting / all contact (voicemails, emails, messenger, phone chats, etc.). Be an honorable gentleman and respect her BF even though her behavior is not respectable, loyal and devoted to her BF. Know where to draw the line and do the right thing. It's called "integrity."

Silver Member
    Iím supposed to do this to protect the sanctity if their relationship? Iím not even sure there is a BF or how advanced this relationship is. If I put everyone who dating as ďoff limitsĒ there arenít going to be many options

Originally Posted by Tomthumb88
    Iím supposed to do this to protect the sanctity if their relationship? Iím not even sure there is a BF or how advanced this relationship is. If I put everyone who dating as ďoff limitsĒ there arenít going to be many options
    If youíre looking for a relationship, ĎIím seeing someoneí, is wise to consider off limits lest you end up on a message board snapping at responders.

Do you know if you have PTSD from your service Tom?

So she texts and says we canít be friends if Iím going to try for more. So I reply that I like her etc but that Iím not into just being friends and she should contact me if she changes her mind. So that was a week or so ago. Iím not going to reach out and Iíll be friendly if I see her but not make conversation or anything. Nothing else to do in my opinion.
    So did I mess that up by being hesitant at first? If she has a bf why would you be so flirty with another guy and put yourself in his orbit? Think sheíll reach out? We seem to get along really well and have fun together.

Silver Member
    Why did you cut and paste my statement?
    Frankly I like to see actions and have a tendency to push for an outcome so I post on random message boards to ďtake actionĒ without engaging in reality

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice