Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you ever get a third chance?

Bronze Member

Can you ever get a third chance?

You hear about alot of ex's getting a second chance with their mate, but what are the odds you will get a third chance...say 1 year and a half after the second chance.

And the ex is hinting that "maybe someday we will get back together" instead of, "No way will we ever get back together!"

I am trying for one now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Its hard enough to get that second chance.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by k1k1
    Its hard enough to get that second chance.
    Yeah, but when you just feel like you're suppose to be and you have been together for a long time...it doesn't seem to hard.

Originally Posted by i miss her 2
    Yeah, but when you just feel like you're suppose to be and you have been together for a long time...it doesn't seem to hard.
    Anything can happen. You may get that third chance. Just let things progress as they may.

Well my ex, the dumber, got not 3 but 7 chances to come back to me, but every time he did the same....he left no matter how hard I tried. And every time the same silly reasons about ending the relationship with me. Still love him and as far as I am concerned he would get one more chance......love is a silly thing........

If love is the answer, can you rephrase the question?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by white daisy
    Well my ex, the dumber, got not 3 but 7 chances to come back to me, but every time he did the same....he left no matter how hard I tried. And every time the same silly reasons about ending the relationship with me. Still love him and as far as I am concerned he would get one more chance......love is a silly thing........

If love is the answer, can you rephrase the question?
    So what reasons for breaking up?

I got different but somewhat similar reasons both times.

I don't know how many chances I have given my ex. I think we are on #3. So far so good but in honesty I am close to the point were I am hanging on by a thread. I hope he walks on eggshells and tries to show me that he truly does love me....he has a problem vocalizing how he really feels (military & police training or something like that)....I hope he can overcome it so we can work things out this time...fourth time not likely.

Bronze Member
    Ok, what are the odds of a third chance when they are with someone new and it seems serious yet the dumper keeps telling yuo that you might be together again because "you came close to being husband material, but still need to sort some things out in your life first." And they say are too young (23).

I think you need to heal some more if it's ever going to work and I know you need to heal some more if it's not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice