Hi guys my husband has gone on a work trip abroad this weekend, I was invited too but couldn't go. It's very much a party city!

Pictures of him have been tagged on Facebook, he's not wearing his wedding ring in the pictures of him and his mates.

Should I be offended or hurt or am I being my usual jealous paranoid self?

Any opinions welcome. Our marriage has been going well by the way

Is he normally good about keeping his ring on? Some people just aren't, and if he's not the sort to wear rings or if he takes it off and forgets it a lot, then I wouldn't be upset.

If he wears it all the time and this is unusual for him, then I'd be upset.

If my husband has always worn his wedding ring, then goes abroad and removes his wedding ring, I would be extremely suspicious because there is absolutely NO reason for him to remove it. At all. I would love to hear what excuse your husband comes up with when you ask why he removed his wedding ring.

If my husband has always worn his wedding ring, then goes abroad and removes his wedding ring, I would be extremely suspicious because there is absolutely NO reason for him to remove it. At all. I would love to hear what excuse your husband comes up with when you ask why he removed his wedding ring.

Yes. That.

My friend's husband moved away from her and their kids, allegedly because he couldn't find work in their hometown.

She too saw party pictures of him on Facebook without his wedding ring.

Turned out, he was telling everyone he was in the process of a divorce. He's currently involved in his third affair.

He's your husband. Ask him why he's not wearing his wedding ring!

And yes, you do have the right to ask and no, it's not an accusation. It's just a question that you would like the answer to.

If he responds "how dare you ask me! You're accusing me of cheating!!" but doesn't answer the question...then you have a problem.

I'm not sure but there is no innocent reason for him to take the wedding ring off when was out . It isn't like he is taking it off while doing hard labor and doesn't want to damage it, he is out at a social place and probably doesn't want to come accross as a married man. Does he usually takes it off? You should confront him and see what he says

I used to take mine off when my hand swelled.

She would be aware that he has this problem because surely that would happen at home too. It seems in this case, he has never removed his ring before, but suddenly he goes on a trip overseas and then removes his ring - that makes it a little odd (imo).

OP, can you clarify please? More information?

I'd be just as angry and I would ask him.

One thing to think about...are you sure the pictures are not mirrored? Some cell phones flip things around in pictures so that the hand you think his ring should be on is really the other one....I know this is reaching but it's worth considering.

I've a feeling that it's something like I took it off at airport security or something,

I have traveled extensively and have never ever had to remove my wedding rings and other jewelry at airport security. I have removed a belt, coins etc but never had to remove my wedding rings.

He's not contactable at the moment 😓 I've a feeling that it's something like I took it off at airport security or something, still v disappointed though

Not trying to freak you out, but I don't think regular gold, white gold, platinum rings need to be removed at security. I don't see a lot of people taking off their wedding rings at security...and a lot of people can't easily remove their rings and I've never seen this cause issues.

i just went through your older threads and you spent six anxious years obsessing over when he was going to propose to you. the ring is a constant theme with you.

if you alluded to the wedding band to him as often as you did on here, i'd sort of imagine he'd feel "irritated with it" and take it off when he's on a breather from what perhaps feels like an overbearing marriage to him.

whether taking it off was more symbolic in nature/ a matter of temporary affect, a spiteful mood... or meant to help with the ladies we don't know-- but i highly doubt many spouses take wedding bands off due to temporary negative emotional associations (and those would deserve attention). in any case- it's a very *disctinct* gesture...

time for you two to have a talk.

I think what's odd is the emphasis placed on the ring. But then, I also think it's odd he isn't wearing it. The marriage is going well, I understand your reaction, but what is there to do? Express yourself, suck it up, and find something else to think about. If there is a way he can give you extra assurance this trip, since his actions Contributed to your feeling uncertain of his commitment level, then that would be nice.

The fact that it's a party city etc - so what.

If you are generally suspicious, you may have chosen someone who fulfills your vision of marriage, by proving you right with his cheating. However, the ring proves nothing.

Archived