Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: " Weed or us ? "

Bronze Member

" Weed or us ? "

Hi there !

I'm in a relationship for over 2 years, we've had many conflicts and overcame all of them, Let's cut the chase...when I met her she knew that I smoked weed regularly but not a lot, 3 weeks ago, she forgot her daughter's medicines in my house, I decided to drive to her place (50 min) and when I got there I realized that I had forgotten the medicines at home I got very embarrased and felt very bad about myself.

She told my ď you need to choose between our relationship or weed ď she added ď I wont tolerate a single joint anymore ď

I tried to quit but I honestly donít see any point of quitting marijuana, Iím smoking again and obviously she doesnít know. Besides this issue in our R we have many others.

I donít know what to do

You guys have had this problem ?

Whats the solution ?

Thanks a lot.

You need to date someone that smokes weed. She isn't that person and obviously thinks your brain cells are taking a hit from all the smoke.

End the relationship so she can meet someone that is a better fit for her life and you can go on smoking as much dope as you want until you meet a woman that enjoys getting high like you do.

Sounds like she is fed up and using this to trigger the end of the relationship. Might as well end it because you are smoking behind her back and she will figure it out sooner or later.

Lost

How much is "regularly but not a lot?"

Have you been forgetful before? The medicine was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not like you just forgot the milk. Did you show up high as well? Did you remember to bring your weed but not the medicine?

Not that it's a guarantee it's the weed as some people are just forgetful (she obviously forgot the medicine as well), but I'm assuming if she's got her daughter's health to consider, she's not chancing it.

It's not uncommon for parents to not want their partner partaking in anything "regularly," whether booze or weed. It sounds like she was aware going into it and should've known better, though.

I don't see this ending positively. Unless you wanna give it up, it's probably best to walk before she inevitably does.

Sounds like there is more to this story. Have there been other time your smoking has made you forget things?

I tried to quit but I honestly donít see any point of quitting marijuana, Iím smoking again and obviously she doesnít know.
    Marijuana addiction and children do not go together. You can't have both. You need to find a person who does not have a child if you do not intend to give up your habits.

Personally, I hope she dumps you. If she's smart - she will. I've never met a person who smoked weed that had much motivation.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

It's rare that a person who does not smoke weed will ever 'get' a person who does smoke weed. I lived with this for awhile with my ex who smoked regularly. He didn't behave stupid or even bad at all when he was high but I just could never understand the why's and how's of him needing to have it. It's now one of my deal breakers.

Bronze Member
    lostandhurt: thanks for replying...Im not looking for someone to smoke with me, I donīt smoke everyday and in the day I smoke is always after working all day long, instead of drinking or smoking cigarrets I smoke pot, but I understand your point of view

j.man: thanks for replying...I can say I smoke 3 joints a week. Yes I have Always been forgetful before, I did not show up high that day, I undertand that she is now wants me to quit weed because her daughter is growing and she will eventually notice.

moontiger: thanks for replying...Yes many times I forgot something whether I'm high or not and it is scaring me out, yes there is more she smokes cigarrets, has had serious problems with cocaine but she says she is clean.

snny: thanks for replying...I will see how it goes, I still dont know what to do

Bronze Member
    I have motivation

I have 3 Jobs, I live with by brother and so I have to clean the house, cook and etc I take care of her all the time I treat her very well, I love being with her child and we are planning to live together, I'm not lazy.

But I understand those who dont smoke. here in Brazil people have a lot of prejudice with pot smokers.

I don't think it's on you to end the relationship simply be of your "activities"... She's the parent of her child. Not you. If she has a prob with your hobby(lol) it's on HER to end it; be it bc she has a child or she simply doesn't want a partner who chooses to unwind with weed.

I have seen relationships work where one partner is a smoker and the other is not; but usually it's bc the other has their own similar "vice" or equally bad habit...(bad being a very subjective view here)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice