THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

hi everyone hope your all doing ok. Last night I went to the cinema with a friend - has anybody seen The Holiday? Well, I know it's only a movie but it struck a cord with me that's for sure! I related to Kate Winslet's character and it was a good ending to see that both her and Cameron Diaz had started to heal themselves and find other things to occupy their lives, with Winslet's character even having the strength to not go back to a man who wouldnt commit to her, when he realised she'd finally started movingon without him and wouldnt just be 'there' for him. I came away feeling much stronger and thought i have to stick to this - but for good, but i know to take it one day at a time. I've woke-up this morning feeling ok - not great, but ok, and a few days ago i never thought id feel just ok again, especially in the mornings which I find the worse. My ex even logged on whilst im writing this but i simply logged offline and have carried on as before. We all can do this!

LadyBugg - you're doing right to stay strong, I agree with Firedancer in that he wants the security of a response from you to know you're still there. Stay strong!x

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another day has passed and i feel really good.. Hung out with a girlfriend and had a few beers in a new area, away from where i'm used to hanging out. I like it.. It's like a holiday not being where all the memories are. I'm trying to focus a bit on cleaning my house but can't seem to get motivated!! I MUST be feeling better! I don't feel the need to keep busy like i did at the start (about 7 weeks ago)..

Believe me! It DOES get easier.. i feel almost healed.. but we'll see wont we..! I'm sure something will bring me back to square one soon, but until then i am going to enjoy feelong almost normal again.

Lady Bugg!! Don't break NC!! Keep your power and let HIM be the one wondering!! Promise!!?

Well Dave, I've been trying to be a good girl, but failing miserably at doing so.... bc my ex lives 2 streets away its really hard to avoid him...... but I am on day 7 of being broken up for 4 months now..... so I guess better late than never right?

i am taking this challenge. i have not contacted since friday.

i am going to try to go for longer than a month.

as far as how i feel, it has been only 6 days since the break up but i am feeling better.

it still hurts soooo much but i am going to use this as time to make me a better person and improve the things i was not good at.

i guess i have accepted that she is not coming back and that although now i dont care, there will be other girls that come along...and when those girls do come along i cant make the same mistakes i have made in the past.

A great idea, I'm having a lot of trouble convincing myself not to contact my ex!

He broke up with me on the 27th of December - via email, and I emailed him 2 days later to ask him some things I felt I deserved to know if there was to be any chance of me moving on without holding any resentment toward him. He replied once, answering one of my 3 questions, and said he'd answer anything I asked him. I replied saying that he'd only told me one of the things I wanted to know, and he didn't reply again, and we haven't spoken since.

So from the day after that...I'm on day...8. I'm feeling a lot better than last week, but am now in a really depressed mood, and can't stop thinking about how badly he hurt me and how stupid I was to trust him. Last night I had a dream that I'd seen one of those personality questionnaires that he'd done, and in it he'd pretty much said I'd meant nothing more to him than a way to get off, then I'd met him and he was desperate to get back together and I found it so difficult just to tell him that I couldn't possibly do it. The dream has put me in such a weird mood - I thought I was certain that if he wanted to get back together I could say no, but the dream kinda highlighted some uncertainties I guess!

Hey all.

Just wanted to chime in here and say I have been very good about NC for the past 3 weeks. My ex has emailed me several times and tried to call twice, and I didn't respond in any way. In fact, I didn't even want to.

Letting go and moving on is a wonderful thing!

Good morning everyone! Day 3 NC for me starts today, not feeling too bad, I thought about her as usual... but I'm going to go to church with the family and spend some time praying for the future and everything. Sundays are going to be the hardest to deal with, I'm going to try to keep myself busy.

Good morning my challengies!!! It's Sunday and I have been reading your posts.

For those who are new to the challenge..Welcome aboard!! Don't forget to read the rules and post everyday!

Lady Bugg:

I want you to remember something....I have read your situation often and I think the guy isn't into you..BUT THE ATTENTION you give him.

I have read post after post about how he take you for granted and how he would email or text message you hateful comments...evben when he was sick and you were trying to be sweet.

STICK TO YOUR GUNS!! He misses the attention from a beautiful woman...it is totally obvious that you are a stunning, young woman full of life and love freely to give to one lucky man. If he can't see you the treasure you are... so be it.

The above statement is also for everyone else where an ex would take you or granted. Stand up and let them know you will NOT TOLERATE such behavior.

I am proud of you all.

Keep your chin up and that back straight...today is just another day!!

Your Friend,

SuperDave71

Day 3 for me is nearing an end and I still feel good and strong. I did find out today that she has broken up with her ex (the one she dated for 7 years right before me) a few weeks ago. I had a feeling it happened and asked her but she never came out and told me. A girl we both work with asked me today if we were going back out yet. I said no and asked her what made her ask, and she said because my ex had told her that she and the other guy had broken up.

I'm conflicted in how I feel about it. In a way I'm happy because I knew it was a dead end relationship that wasn't leading to marriage or her having a family (she don't have children, she's 35 now and he is 52), and she needed to open her eyes.

I'm also sad in a way because it didn't draw her any closer to me like I thought it would have. If anything, she's been more nasty to me in the last few weeks than she ever has.

hi everyone! day 3 nearly over for me too. had a really good morning this morning and felt so much stronger. i had a setback about an hour ago and just ended-up in floods of tears - sunday i find is usually the worse day. no matter how bad i felt though - i stuck with NC - without this challenge i dont know if id have been so strong i really dont, but this has helped to motivate me and give me strength. i did question earlier whether i do want him to miss me during this NC - not because i want him back, but because i just want him to feel something of what i feel ive been going through for months! i guess that's natural but im hoping that as i go longer and longer doing NC, i will become less concerned about him/his feelings/his actions and just not care anymore.

stay strong to everyone who's only part way through sunday! We can do it! x