THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I wouldn't go unless I was more than 200% sure I'd be confident about being cool and in control of the situation. If you don't turn up - why should it affect her and why should she care? Maybe you have better things to do - but let your mutual friend know (and don't mention th ex).

Being in control of the situation means doing things that make you feel happy and at ease. It means making plans based on your feelings - keep it up with Church - don't let her put you off your faith.

Day 13,

Seeing her yesterday was horrible. How do you go NC, when you attend the same church? Why does it seem they look more beautiful after the breakup. She came to church late, and seemed to go the extra mile to look good.

Anyway, I have a question. There is a going away party for a mutual friend. I really want to attend, but I am pretty certain she will be there. I don't think I can handle seeing her. I would love to go and show that I am O.K, confident, and over her, but I don't know if I can fake that. I am horrible actor. Should I go anyway? Why should I allow her to control my life? Then again, I don't know if I will be strong enough

Sorry ! Just realised I might have hi-jacked Superdave's thread!

I hope everyone is bearing up - just remember that you need NC more than you need your ex. Superdave is totally right - it's time to find yourself again. This time, you are going to see the light at the end of the tunnel as a stronger person. You will love yourself more than anyone else because frankly, you deserve to.

Take care!

x

Pisces,

In your case, you have to contact your ex. Discuss the exchange of goods and leave. Be nice about it but you are taking care of business only. This is somewhat of an excpection...but TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE.

Go ahead and make the arragements...

-SuperDave71

Well, today will be day 4 as far as the challenge but it's actually day 20 and today it's just killing me!! As I mentioned in an earlier post the ex followed me into a shopping plaza last Wednesday and approached me to talk. I was polite...but very blunt...and told him that I really didn't want to talk to him anymore since all we do is go in circles....I wished him a good day...and went into the store....left him standing there mid sentence w/ a stunned look on his face. I suppose part of me figured I would have heard from him by now. I KNOW THAT IS NOT THE REASON FOR NC!! I feel bad for cutting the conversation so short and that I forgot to ask him how his father was doing (his father has been sick over the past few months and I always ask)....that was a huge mistake I made since he caught me off guard by approaching me. By the way, the longest I have ever managed to go NC w/ him was about 5 weeks....and it has ALWAYS been him that broke the NC (yes, I know, it was me who allowed it) This challenge is pushing me to go longer!! This was a great idea especially for the new year!

Day three. I woke up feeling sad again and the rain doesn't help much. I fought the urge to text him last night I want to tell him that I still love him but he knows this and I know he loves me too. I keep reminding myself that our future would have been as miserable as our relationship and I only have to mourn the feeling I had with him. I don't have to mourn a lost future because it would have been a tormented one. It doesn't help the pain though, hoping for the first time to do something different which is strict NC. Hope all you guys that are hurting will begin to feel a bit better soon.

Alltornup,

You can still do the challenge. Are you still on the couch?

-SuperDave71

Yes, I'm still sleeping downstairs (it's actually a queen size mattress on the floor).

OK, I will do the challenge in kind of a cramped style. I will not initiate any contact. I will answer contacts in as aloof a manner as possible without being rude. And I will definitely not speak of any relationship issues.

SuperDave,

I am in day 13. I saw her in church, and it was rough. I am going to stick to NC, but what do I do when I run into her in church? It inevitable that I will.

There is also a going away party for a mutual friend this Friday. I really want to go, but she will probably be there. I don't think I can handle it. This really blows. I feel like she is still controlling me. I mean I can't even attend a party for a good friend. Its hard. If I don't attend, she is going to know its because of her. UGH!

drum4god,

You be you that's what. You be as polite and genuine to her as you would anyone. No special treatment and NO NEED to ignore her. Smile at her if ya want. WHy? Because not only are yo a man of God...but becase..

THIS TOO WILL PASS..

I have faith in you..

SuperDave71