• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you truly see CERTAIN things, you almost wish you hadn't...

Did I want to see my last bf cheating on me?

Nope.

But if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have left when I did.

If didn't leave him when I did, I might not have have been single and available when I crossed paths with the guy I ended up marrying.

And that would've been far more painful than witnessing something I didn't want to see.

- Hiding Easter Eggs / Wrapping Joke Xmas Gifts / Brainstorming and executing elaborate practical jokes and random acts of kindness and watching the fallout later...

- Seeing the potential in others and helping them to actualize it.

- Eating Grape (Yum! Artifically Flavored!) Snowcones on the North Shore of Honolulu while hanging out with the Sea Turtles

- Taking wacky pictures with my digital camera and seeing how they come out

- Pretending to be terrified of babies and watching them giggle when I peek at them from behind my fingers.

- Thrifting (I'm rentless and the record is 8 hours without respite or sustenance. Sad isn't it?)

- Windy spring days and summer rains.

- Driving fast and singing loudly on road trips with the windows down and the wind ripping through my hair.

- Cuddling with my love monkey!

- Riding "It's A Small World!" (Disneyland) and "Heimlich's Chew Chew Train" in (California Adventure) because it's "sooo delicious!"

hmm yesterday my dad got a hike in perks....i am happy for him.

I went to a friends place, fixed her puter, met her family, her mom was very happy finally she could access her all emails. Was very late when i reached home but never felt tired, just happy.

Today got up late, nuthings comin up in my mind, heart feels light....everything just seems so new, the sun is glowin bright, the sky is very blue. Seems i am thru with all the bad feelings for my ex as well as the nice ones too.

Does that make me happy? You bet!

Seeing Smiles on my childrens faces. Hearing them giggle. Having them sit in my lap and getting hugs and kisses. Having them out of the blue... stop what they are doing and say.. "I love you mommy"

Hearing from teachers that they are doing well and that I'm a good mother to keep doing whatever i am doing because they are thriving.

Getting love letters from someone who loves me.

Creating something... baking cookies, cooking, or a finishing a crafty project.

Seeing the first flowers of spring.. and knowing SUMMER IS COMING.

Seeing kitty cats chase each other in the morning.

Being able to talk to my mom and tell her I love her.

Sitting outside at night under a full moon and the stars, a fire in the fire pit.. a nice glass of dark red wine... the dusky taste of the wine on the tip of my tongue.. the crickets chirping.. holding hands and talking about lifes adventures.

Grin... with children there come a lot of challenges. There is no college education, manual or book that will prep you for life with children. Nothing preps you for challenges like when they stick a marble up their nose, in their ear or lord knows where. Its a job that you take on 24/7... no matter where you are at the kids are on your mind and whatever you are doing... you are doing it for the kids. Being a parent you will learn to be humble... and you get very real. The best part of being a parent... is that you get the chance to re-learn the world through their eyes. Simple things you've grown to take for granted... now take on a different view.

There are times you are so dog tired, so dog frustrated, scared, lost.. that you ask yourself.."what was I thinking... I can't do this".. and then....

they say..."I love you mommy"... and it all puts it in perspective. And your heart melts.

Truly LOVE a mother feels for her child is Un-Conditional. I don't think any other kind of LOVE is truly unconditional except for parental love. No matter what they do, say or how bad they ever mess up... you love your baby. And they will always be your baby... be it age 1 or age 60... you love your kid.

wow what a lovely thread!!

* seeing my mum laugh

* sunshine through my windows

* hearing my best m8s chirpy voice

* making someone laugh

* being there for someone because i love them

* being in my guys arms and feeling safe and wanting to stay there for ever.

* lying on somone i love's lapp and having my hair strocked - so comforting

* knowing i am very lucky to have my best friend my guy and my mum who will always be there for support and vice versa. they are the only reason i live.

* cuddles and hugs that mean so much

* giving advice to someone and seeing them use it and it working.

* bright colours

* hearing my fave songs on the radio

*giggling from my belly

Some of the things that make me VERY happy are:

1. When I get a sense of satisfaction of just being able to help make a difference in just one person's life.

2. Watching the face of an elderly person smile.

3. Being able to help those who face hardships/challenges in their lives. I love helping people who need it most, especially when it comes to people who return to college at a later stage in their lives to finally receive the education they deserve. When I'm able to help them in any way, it brings a sense of satisfaction in my life.

4. Don't think I'm weird, but it makes me VERY happy when I see interacial couples walk hand-in-hand together (especially when it comes to African American/Caucasian American couples, or even Caucasian ladies with Asian men). Something about it just makes me smile.

5. Reminscing about the past - 80s, early 90s, happy/memorable childhood experiences.

6. Realizing how lucky I am to be healthy, alive...basically, being able to appreciate the things I do have in my life.

7. Education

Oh, let's not forget - Ms. Oprah Winfrey. Yes! Where would we be without her? I LOVE that lady! Last but not least, my family/friends.

Wow.. BillyJean those are awesome...

How about:

In reference to education, watching someone getting that "aha" moment. Or having an "aha" moment yourself.... its awesome. "I got it... I get it"

Older couples holding hands. Very sweet.

Seeing two people "In Love".. ever look around a restaurant, you can always pick out the couple that is on the first date or is "in love" they are staring at each other animated and smiling allot. While those less enamored are looking around checking out the chachki's or watching the myriad of televisions they put in restaurants these days.

Seeing a mother nurse her baby. Something about it is just so sweet, so natural, lovely.

Thanks, ShadowsLight.

Seeing two people "In Love".. ever look around a restaurant, you can always pick out the couple that is on the first date or is "in love" they are staring at each other animated and smiling allot. While those less enamored are looking around checking out the chachki's or watching the myriad of televisions they put in restaurants these days.
So true.. that is exactly how I see it too!
  • 2 months later...

Knowing that the people I love are safe and happy.

Reading this thread.

Looking around and finding out that there actually are guys ou there that have a sense of humor that isn't perverted.

Knowing I'm loved and cared for, even though I know I don't deserve it.

Making new friends.

Slow dancing.

Swimming at night, when you can see the stars.

Watching a meteor shower.

Music. (Especially Micheal Buble)

Traveling.

Writing

Reading.

Having a good crying session.

Doing wordsearches.

...Wow. That was a long list.

• 2 weeks later...