MORE info. on the doctor situation

Please don't be frustrated with me or write anything unkind, if you can help it. I'm here asking for your thoughts yet again.

I did some online research about the doctor who'd been flirting with me a lot, and who I've developed feeling for.

****Feel free to skip this part if you already know my situation. To summarize the situation I wrote about previously, he had a lot of hot and cold behavior with me. Hot: touching my feet with his, cupping my face in his hand, complimenting my looks, taking his ring off while talking to me, looking me up and down, etc. etc. He would give me hugs and another time described it as "asking me for a cuddle." Cold: Sometimes he has been unfriendly, even a bit gruff, spend time with me without touching me or being the least bit flirtatious (this happens sometimes), or even not seeming happy to see me. So I just don't know how to read his feelings towards me at present.***

I noticed he seemed very different, like he was depressed or distressed so I told him I'd been worrying about him...

Anyway, it's a longgg story with so many other details, but I found out that he is currently on probation with the medical authority for a drug situation. It seems that he is no longer allowed to write prescriptions for controlled substances.

He defended himself by saying a patient fraudulently wrote prescriptions on his medical license, but I don't know if that's true or his coverup story. Anyway, he is only able to write these prescriptions if he works in a hospital setting (because patients might need painkillers on discharge) but not when he is working in a general practice clinic (where I saw him). So now he has cut back his regular doctor clinic hours and is now working in a hospital most days!!! Do you think that's so he can obtain drugs??

Also, he has to complete all of these requirements with a deadline about 8 months from now. (This is all listed online on the website that shows what a doctor's standing is with the medical board.) Some of you may recall that he confided in me a while back that he was "drinking less." So, I wonder if he was hinting about substance abuse (and that this might include prescription drugs)?

What do you make of all of this? I wonder where I fit into all of this? Do you think he had any real feeling for me? If so, why would he run so hot and cold? What do you think about his troubles with the medical board? Yes, this man is married too, but I don't know the status of their relationship. 

1 hour ago, Callia said:

wonder where I fit into all of this?  this man is married too, 

Unfortunately you don't "fit in" to any of it except finding another doctor.  Please check with your healthcare provider to see what physicians are taking patients in your plan and area. 

• Like 1

Well, this is not going to come off as "kind," but seriously - why would you think you "fit in" to this man's wreckage of a life?  Unless he gropes you another time and you decide to go ahead and have sex with him.   I guess that would be a very shallow and sad way to have some kind of a place in his life.

Please don't.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Callia said:

I wonder where I fit into all of this?

Nowhere. 

Do you think he had any real feeling for me?

No.

What do you think about his troubles with the medical board?

Bad doctor. 

• Like 2

What advice have you followed that you've been given when your previous posts have been answered?

Obviously, none, since you wouldn't be here again, not having evolved and learned skills to move away from your skewed psyche. Mentally healthy women don't get turned on by married men inappropriately touching them and flirting, and even when a man isn't married, if he's looking her up and down, she feels violated.

I guarantee your life will improve when you vow to never be in this man's presence ever again, and you get psychological help to learn why you think this perversion is all you deserve in life. Don't you want some peace? Only you can make this happen.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Callia said:

What do you make of all of this? I wonder where I fit into all of this? Do you think he had any real feeling for me?

ALL of it is a hot mess. You don't fit into any of this. NO, he had no feelings for you.

OP, you know all of this, but you choose to ignore it.  You have no place in any of this and really should MYOB.  Please seek professional help for your very unhealthy obsession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 5:30 AM, Wiseman2 said:

If he is in trouble for running a pill mill or being impaired, you need to distance yourself completely.  Were you going to him for prescriptions? 

Sorry, I did not see your question. I have gone to him for general prescriptions in the past. Not for any drugs that can be abused.