What are your new routines?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bolognese sauce, which took 4 hours, but fed us for for a few days and got the stamp of approval from a discerning (or is it picky?) 8 year old.

I made that this weekend as well. Got the recipe from my friend's wife. She made us the most incredible bolognese last year. Poor woman thought she'd have leftovers, but my boyfriend and I ate the whole pot. We were blown away by how good it was. I don't think my bolognese was quite as good. I used the wrong pasta (winged it) and the pasta:sauce salt ratio was off. Next time, I'll get it.

Homemade bread, homemade soup, mini pot pies ( adapted to be vegan for him, but it turned out ) , roasted meat for me, then brown sugar candy and mousse for dessert.

Yum!

This weekend, we are going to make kalitsounia, which is a Greek cheese pastry. We usually make them for special occasions, but we decided that on Saturday (or Sunday?) we will bake batches all day and eat them like bon bons.

How’s everyone doing?

Decided today was a great day to display some of my daughters artwork around the house. Not sure how everyone with kids feel about their art. I’ve heard stories of people getting sick and tired of art projects, I don’t blame them. I like to collect and keep every scrap she draws on. So now I’ve got some dinosaurs, ladybugs and foot prints above my desk!

Other than that I fixed some lose fabric flaps in the car to my fiancé’s great joy. Now it’s pouring and dim lights and candles are being lit. I love a good summer rain. (Summer because it feels like summer where I am already). I hope everyone is staying healthy!

I had a rough day yesterday. Felt like I was impatient with her about everything... today was so much better. I hope your day will be better tomorrow.

I had a rough day too -my son tried my patience, I yelled (not insults at him just couldn't take it anymore with his pushing my buttons on a particular topic) - and I apologized, he gets it, he knows I am trying my hardest. I hope that is enough. Seems to be. Luckily my husband gets it and he takes over at times but I do let him sleep in (we have a routine like that). I slept more last night and I am vocalizing in advance for myself and my child like "please stop now. I do not want to get to a point where I feel like screaming. I won't scream but I hate feeling this way. " I mean I'm no expert at this -just a mom. Sigh.

• 5 weeks later...

I never watch the news due to the current sensationalist drama-rama. Or TV "discussions" on the topic by people who don't know what they are talking about.

But then, where's the fun in reading up what the WHO has to say on the current situation

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

There is an interesting interview out there with Michael Levitt, Professor of Structural Biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, and winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.

Yeah, Covid in semen. What next? That should scare some people out of too much too soon.... maybe not. People are going to malls that opened in some areas already... Maybe to buy, I don't know, masks? Condoms? Although they are handing out free surgical masks and have all sorts of markers for social distance, etc.

Masks are already becoming some sort of fashion situation. I look like an outlaw or bank robber.😷🤠 🤣

You the man, Wiseman. There has to be an opening for making masks sexy à la Venetian Carnival.

We treated the first few weeks like it was an on-going party.

By the end of the third week, our waistlines had expanded alarmingly and we knew we had to clean up our acts.

I began a strict diet during week 4, and to my surprise my boyfriend followed suit.

We've been sticking to our diets successfully for the last 3 weeks and plan to stay the course until a scheduled cheat day on Memorial Day weekend.

It's really a great time to diet because the restrictions make it easy.

Our days have settled into a loose pattern.

He wakes up early, 4 AM or 5 AM and practices guitar for a couple hours.

I've been waking up between 6:30 AM and 8 AM.

Since we are both laid off, our days are mainly delimited by our mealtimes LOL.

I eat within a half hour of waking and he eats around the same time so that there isn't a hangry confrontation.

Then my mealtimes are basically 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 2:00 PM, 4:30 PM, and 7:00 PM.

We eat our 11:30 and 4:30 PM meals together and watch Dogfights. I loved this program when it was on the History Channel and I figured my boyfriend would really dig it.

I was right. He loves it.

We try to get out for a 2-mile walk in the afternoon, but lately we've been pretty bad about it. It's probably the dieting.

Aside from these meal times and the walk, we basically entertain ourselves during the daytime hours.

He is still on call for work, even though he is technically laid off.

So, he answers phone calls throughout the day and plays video games in between any assignments that come up.

Sometimes he takes a nap in the middle of the day.

I don't know what the hell I do all day LOL.

Well, last week I actually worked for a portion of it, but before that.... jeez... I sure can waste time!

After our 4:30 PM meal, we do our own thing again until around 6:00 PM. Then we play Diablo III for about an hour. It's the only video game time I permit for myself.

Then we have a snack and watch a movie or two.

Then, it's bedtime.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone feeling this too?💻📳

"'Zoom fatigue' — a form of exhaustion from excessive video chatting — has swept the world as the technology has quickly gained widespread adoption for work, education and personal connection during the pandemic. Social scientists tell The Wall Street Journal that a number of factors are at play as the format disrupts "normal, instinctual" forms of human communication. Among the sources of stress: constantly seeing an image of yourself, an inability to read body language, a lack of real-time feedback and seeing giant faces on the screen."

Anyone feeling this too?💻📳

"'Zoom fatigue' — a form of exhaustion from excessive video chatting — has swept the world as the technology has quickly gained widespread adoption for work, education and personal connection during the pandemic. Social scientists tell The Wall Street Journal that a number of factors are at play as the format disrupts "normal, instinctual" forms of human communication. Among the sources of stress: constantly seeing an image of yourself, an inability to read body language, a lack of real-time feedback and seeing giant faces on the screen."

Luckily my crochet group only zooms once every two weeks.

Absolutely Wiseman

"Among the sources of stress: constantly seeing an image of yourself, an inability to read body language, a lack of real-time feedback and seeing giant faces on the screen."

I have refused to Zoom. A few video calls have crept through. Didn't like them much either.

Inhuman and definitely not instinctual.

Archived