Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

On 4/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, boltnrun said:

Yay @Cheetarah

I am getting my first dose today. Combined with the antibodies I have from actually having Covid I feel like I will be very well protected once I get the second dose.

I am going to Target to celebrate lol.

How did it treat you?  I’ve mostly heard the side effects are more intense in people with previous Covid infections. 

14 minutes ago, Cheetarah said:

How did it treat you?  I’ve mostly heard the side effects are more intense in people with previous Covid infections. 

I had almost no side effects. My arm was sore for a couple of days. Literally that was it. I was shopping and running errands and packing for my visit to spend 2 weeks at my son's home and had no issues. I guess for once I was lucky!

I had to go to the ER last night.  The one by my house is a level 1 trauma so..it gets hectic.  

Guys, I left and went to another hospital.  It was appalling.  There was no separation of people who were coming in hacking/exhibiting what could possibly be COVID symptoms. There was so little room in the waiting room that you had to kind of hop over peoples feet.  

I’m super glad I am vaccinated for this reason alone.  It’s always scary to go to the hospital but adding another layer of COVID fear is so crappy.  

26 minutes ago, Cheetarah said:

I had to go to the ER last night.  The one by my house is a level 1 trauma so..it gets hectic.  

Guys, I left and went to another hospital.  It was appalling.  There was no separation of people who were coming in hacking/exhibiting what could possibly be COVID symptoms. There was so little room in the waiting room that you had to kind of hop over peoples feet.  

I’m super glad I am vaccinated for this reason alone.  It’s always scary to go to the hospital but adding another layer of COVID fear is so crappy.  

How frightening!

I hope you are doing better.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, boltnrun said:

How frightening!

I hope you are doing better.

I have some kind of an arrhythmia.  They weren’t able to see it on the 12 lead because it wasn’t happening, then it did on the 3 lead but no one was ever in the room(and it wasn’t the kind that set off the  crazy alarm, just the “missed beat” ding).  The ER doc finally saw it during discharge and said it looks like SVT.  I stopped mid sentence im like it’s coming! lol.  He was so tickled that I could feel when it was about to happen.  But I’m (at times , overly) in tune with my body. 

I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week to get set up with a holter.  They upped my beta blocker.  My marker labs and all the other ones were fine, as well as chest x ray.  The beta blocker increase has at least helped quell them quite a bit in the meantime.  

4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Wow, is it really that bad there? How is the vaccine distribution going?

Vaccine distribution in in a few words is ,going like crap which is why we are in the state we are in. Three weeks ago my area had seven cases and we now have 170. My province could have 18,000 cases a day by the end of May. We reach 4700 today which has never happened ever. It’s becoming a flaming disaster. 

14 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Vaccine distribution in in a few words is ,going like crap which is why we are in the state we are in. Three weeks ago my area had seven cases and we now have 170. My province could have 18,000 cases a day by the end of May. We reach 4700 today which has never happened ever. It’s becoming a flaming disaster. 

Oh no! I'm so sorry.

I hope they get it figured out soon.

That's awful news, Vic.   I'm sorry you have to go through that again.  👎

My husband and I will finally be eligible for the vaccine beginning this coming Monday.  

On a lighter note, as of now New Hampshire is the first state to allow people living there to go without wearing a mask. Talk about letting their guard down.  I certainly don't agree with that decision.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, HeartGoesOn said:

That's awful news, Vic.   I'm sorry you have to go through that again.  👎

My husband and I will finally be eligible for the vaccine beginning this coming Monday.  

On a lighter note, as of now New Hampshire is the first state to allow people living there to go without wearing a mask. Talk about letting their guard down.  I certainly don't agree with that decision.

Our Premier just closed our borders. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Our Premier just closed our borders. 

So sorry S.  It's still like some bad science fiction movie.  

We are doing cautiously well here.  Numbers are down and vaccines are rolling out like they are on fire.  But the numbers eeked up just a little in the past few days.  Nothing to get excited about, but we've been here before a few times.  Waiting to see the outcome of the recent spring break freedom.

Had my first shot 10 days ago.  Arm hurt.  That's about it.   From everyone I hear it's the 2nd dose you need to watch for.  Mine is 5/5.

In the past 10 days, I've been out with friends 3 times. (a friend came into to town)  All outside, social distancing.  But I do notice a profound funk the day after.  It's that little taste of normalcy and then back to the deafening quiet I refer to as house arrest.  It's like seeing an old boyfriend after a year, just to know you can't ultimately be together anymore.  It's almost easier not seeing them at all.

I have a friend in another state (utah) that really hasn't been impacted by covid.  Uber conservative, holder of conspiracy theories, anti mask, anti vax.  I love her and try to respect our differences, but endured all the obnoxious memes on her FB page all year long. 

Today. . .She is on FB asking for prayers for her 35 yr old son in law "2 weeks of covid, then 2 weeks of pneumonia and currently in ICU with blood clots in his lungs". . <sigh>

I just have no words to describe how sad and scared I am for her and her family and at the same time wondering if there is even a tiny moment that she has any regrets. . .  

My brother's friend was one of the Covid minimizers. She called it "the sniffles" and scoffed at my brother for being in bed for nearly a month. She thought he was being dramatic.

Well, wouldn't you know she ended up getting Covid from a neighbor because neither of them was following any safety guidelines. And she was angry! How dare the virus infect her when she didn't believe it was really a thing! And she was angry with her neighbor which makes no sense because she wasn't being safe either.

Fortunately she didn't get a really bad case. But I have to wonder at the mindset of those who get angry at being infected by something they either don't believe in or that they think is no big deal.

56 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I FINALLY have an appointment booked and confirmed for tomorrow AM. So stinkin stoked. 

So happy for you, Sera. 

I had my first shot last week, next one 5/4. The moment that needle went into my arm I just wept: with relief, with sorrow for everyone, with profound appreciation for the scientists who toiled to make that thing at record pace. Didn't quite realize how much I was keeping in, in order to stay steady through these hard, hard days. 

Congrats again. 

• Thanks 1

I wanted to whoop but I thought that might be a bit much inside the vaccine distribution center. So I whooped in my car. Then went to Target and shopped for an hour.

Recently I found the same fears and paranoia and weird behaviors were creeping back but I am telling them to take a hike.

Second shot is scheduled for next Monday. I arranged to take Tuesday off from work in case I feel icky.

I'm happy you finally got an appointment, Seraphim!

52 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I wanted to whoop but I thought that might be a bit much inside the vaccine distribution center. So I whooped in my car. Then went to Target and shopped for an hour.

Recently I found the same fears and paranoia and weird behaviors were creeping back but I am telling them to take a hike.

Second shot is scheduled for next Monday. I arranged to take Tuesday off from work in case I feel icky.

I'm happy you finally got an appointment, Seraphim!

About 15 days after you getting your second shot the chance of you getting Covid are probably close to nil. I know anxiety doesn’t follow logic. But just keep telling yourself your chance of getting Covid  are probably the same chances of getting struck by lightning. 

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

About 15 days after you getting your second shot the chance of you getting Covid are probably close to nil. I know anxiety doesn’t follow logic. But just keep telling yourself your chance of getting Covid  are probably the same chances of getting struck by lightning. 

Plus, I already had Covid! So I already had antibodies. 

I am more getting angry with myself for acting like such a ninny. But that's how I overcame my fear of driving over bridges. I got angry!

I’m having my son tested for Covid later today.  I hate that this is the first thing that needs to be cleared out of the way.  I don’t really believe he has it, but they won’t see him in person unless he has one done.  Thing is, he’s NOT going to let them administer it, and they won’t let me, so I have to do it where they allow self administer (well, by a guardian).  

Why can’t they have these spit tests more readily available?  Honestly I don’t even know if those are approved for children anyway.  It used to be where when he needed it, we’d get myself and my fiancée tested per the doc because we were the only ones in contact with him and because his pediatrician knew he wouldn’t tolerate it.  So we were able to rule it out that way.  Now that we’re both vaccinated it’s different.  

25 minutes ago, Cheetarah said:

I’m having my son tested for Covid later today.  I hate that this is the first thing that needs to be cleared out of the way.  I don’t really believe he has it, but they won’t see him in person unless he has one done.  Thing is, he’s NOT going to let them administer it, and they won’t let me, so I have to do it where they allow self administer (well, by a guardian).  

Why can’t they have these spit tests more readily available?  Honestly I don’t even know if those are approved for children anyway.  It used to be where when he needed it, we’d get myself and my fiancée tested per the doc because we were the only ones in contact with him and because his pediatrician knew he wouldn’t tolerate it.  So we were able to rule it out that way.  Now that we’re both vaccinated it’s different.  

Awwwww poor little M. Huge hugs for him and you . 💜Does he have a cold ? 

11 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Awwwww poor little M. Huge hugs for him and you . 💜Does he have a cold ? 

Yeah and a rash...I can’t figure it out.  It could be a viral rash.  I changed his detergent to free and clear and got some colloidal oatmeal...hydrocortisone, and am giving him Benadryl every 6 hours.  At first I thought it was atopic but I’ve removed every irritant and it’s really not getting any better at all.  

3 minutes ago, Cheetarah said:

Yeah and a rash...I can’t figure it out.  It could be a viral rash.  I changed his detergent to free and clear and got some colloidal oatmeal...hydrocortisone, and am giving him Benadryl every 6 hours.  At first I thought it was atopic but I’ve removed every irritant and it’s really not getting any better at all.  

Yes, it could be viral. Kiddos get a lot of rashes when they get sick. Thinking about you guys today. 💜