Jump to content

Open Club  ·  45 members

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19


Seraphim

Recommended Posts

Our border with the US opens to Americans who have been fully vaccinated with Canadian Approved vaccines 14 days prior to arrival on Aug 9. This is for recreational purposes . It opens to the rest of the world with the same requirements on Sept 7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Our border with the US opens to Americans who have been fully vaccinated with Canadian Approved vaccines 14 days prior to arrival on Aug 9. This is for recreational purposes . It opens to the rest of the world with the same requirements on Sept 7. 

Which vaccines are approved? I had the Pfizer, my brother had the Johnson & Johnson and my kids had the Moderna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, boltnrun said:

Which vaccines are approved? I had the Pfizer, my brother had the Johnson & Johnson and my kids had the Moderna.

BTW, many Americans refuse to show proof of vaccination because they say it impedes their "freedom". So I presume that means no travel to Canada for them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Which vaccines are approved? I had the Pfizer, my brother had the Johnson & Johnson and my kids had the Moderna.

Pfizer and Moderna are approved. I had Pfizer for my second shot and hubby had Moderna and my son too. Truthfully, I am not sure about Johnson&Johnson but my guess is , yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

BTW, many Americans refuse to show proof of vaccination because they say it impedes their "freedom". So I presume that means no travel to Canada for them!

True, at the moment no proof no travel here, they will be turned back at the border. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

True, at the moment no proof no travel here, they will be turned back at the border. 

I wonder if those people will react with the same screaming tantrums they have here in the US when some poor teenager at McDonald's asks them to put on a mask 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I wonder if those people will react with the same screaming tantrums they have here in the US when some poor teenager at McDonald's asks them to put on a mask 🤣

That might get one arrested at the border . 
 

A funny/not funny story of our own travels long before Covid. So, my son is an avid NASCAR fan and we took him to the Michigan raceway. ( I think he was 9 then)The race ended up being rained out so we had to go back home and then come back the next day for the race but as we were leaving the race track that day we got stuck in mud past our axles and had to be pushed out. And we had no time to clean the mud off the outside of our van before crossing the border again the next day. So we got flagged for secondary. They asked us to leave wallets, purses, cell phones everything in the car. We roll into secondary and they asked us our last name. The border guard rolls her eyes and said you couldn’t make it easy for me could you. To which I replied because I am a smart ass ,”well kind of late to change my name to Artyomov “and rolled my eyes back. By now my son is distraught and goes into meltdown screaming , “ I am a Canadian have rights you know.” I quickly cover his mouth and he screams louder,”  mom stop you’re going to smother me !” 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 No, but at that moment would have liked to. 
 

Long story short don’t mess around at border crossings and we got to the race 10 minutes before the flag. 
 

Really, I am surprised we got back in 🤣 Yeah, don’t pull humour or hissy fits at the border . People can get arrested. 

Edited by Seraphim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But your son was 9.

These freedom screaming Americans are fully grown adults. They just choose to act like spoiled toddlers.

I might be willing to pay money to watch footage of them getting turned away at the border, throwing a screaming fit and subsequently being arrested. I'll make popcorn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

But your son was 9.

These freedom screaming Americans are fully grown adults. They just choose to act like spoiled toddlers.

I might be willing to pay money to watch footage of them getting turned away at the border, throwing a screaming fit and subsequently being arrested. I'll make popcorn.

Me too.🤣

 

I taught my son you need to respect the laws and the people of the country you enter whether you agree or not and I expect people coming here to return the favour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A double order of popcorn then!

I often wonder how these freedom screamers would handle it if their children reacted with a screaming, profanity laden tantrum when being told to take out the trash or clean their room. I hope their kids do react that way and then scream "FREEDOM!!" if their parents try to discipline them lol. It would serve them right.

Yeah, I'm triggered by those people, I admit it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

A double order of popcorn then!

I often wonder how these freedom screamers would handle it if their children reacted with a screaming, profanity laden tantrum when being told to take out the trash or clean their room. I hope their kids do react that way and then scream "FREEDOM!!" if their parents try to discipline them lol. It would serve them right.

Yeah, I'm triggered by those people, I admit it!

My son knows if this ever happened a big dose of this was headed his way.

538A32B2-0628-4C31-B8F4-0C9FFEFCF5A2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm perturbed because my state had been doing so well they removed all Covid restrictions. Then the Delta variant started surging among the vaccine refusers. So now we have to go backwards. I was looking forward to actually enjoying all my neighborhood, city and state has to offer but now I can't. And more people are dying unnecessarily. I don't want anyone else to die and I don't want the restrictions to go on indefinitely.

I actually thought I wouldn't need to order anymore masks. Welp, I had to place another order due to this surge. 

So frustrating when there's a great solution but it can't work if people don't use it. 

PS: I get there are those who use this forum who don't want the vaccine for various reasons. These are my thoughts and opinions. They're not directed at anyone on this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny sort of....  The US has been begging us for months to open our border . We finally agree.  Then they say nope can’t open our border on agreed time . 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by Seraphim
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

Ever since our state opened up about 4 weeks ago, we’ve gone from - few hundred cases a day to over 2000 a day now.  
 

My first instinct was to buy a bit extra  toilet paper, make sure we’re good on masks, hand soap,  hand sanitizer etc.  🤷‍♀️
 

First world problems but I’m not wiping my butt with a coffee filter again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's scary is I was doing all those things (hand washing, hand sanitizer, checking my blood oxygen and temperature, wearing a mask, staying distant from others) and I got Covid anyway. It's because the virus isn't caused by lack of hand washing. It's caused by breathing it in. I caught it in my own home, from my nephew. And I assure you, I do not cuddle or rub up on my 21 year old nephew! His room was downstairs and mine was upstairs and we didn't share a bathroom. The only time we were occasionally in the same room was when we both were in the kitchen fixing food for ourselves. And I still got it from him.

That's why I continued to wear my mask inside stores and while picking up take out, even though those regulations were lifted for vaccinated people. I know I can breathe in someone else's breath and catch one of the variants that way.

I almost want to just go ahead and get the darned Delta variant, just to get it over with. I already successfully fought off Covid once without being vaccinated. I feel like I could fight it off again. And hopefully not get anyone else sick.

I sure hope this latest surge is over with soon and enough people choose to get vaccinated so we can get back to the way things were a month or so ago!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...