Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

35 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am. I hope you are too. I am a bit disturbed that I am moving the top of tornado ally here during a very active year but what can you do? 

Oh wow. Your new home?!

I lived near tornado zone growing up.. It's weird, you get used to it. Like anything else I guess. 

The tsunami warnings and earthquakes on the west coast freaked me out, but the locals were chill because they knew what to do! 

I guess familiarity takes some of the edge off. Just knowing the risks, what to do, all that. 

And yes, I'm ok too. Just a weird time to live in. 

You know.. I'm proud of you and myself. Knowing our backgrounds, everything we've gone through. We've got this far and are still standing through intense crazy times..we are survivors, my friend. 

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Oh wow. Your new home?!

I lived near tornado zone growing up.. It's weird, you get used to it. Like anything else I guess. 

The tsunami warnings and earthquakes on the west coast freaked me out, but the locals were chill because they knew what to do! 

I guess familiarity takes some of the edge off. Just knowing the risks, what to do, all that. 

And yes, I'm ok too. Just a weird time to live in. 

You know.. I'm proud of you and myself. Knowing our backgrounds, everything we've gone through. We've got this far and are still standing through intense crazy times..we are survivors, my friend. 

We sure are. We are made of stern tough stuff like the Canadian Shield but with a bit of marshmallow fluff for softness. ❤️

They upgraded our air quality to 5. 😶🌫️

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Seraphim said:

We sure are. We are made of stern tough stuff like the Canadian Shield but with a bit of marshmallow fluff for softness. ❤️

They upgraded our air quality to 5. 😶🌫️

Woohoo. Maybe by tomorrow it will be closer to normal. 

We finally got some rain. I was so happy lol. 

15 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Woohoo. Maybe by tomorrow it will be closer to normal. 

We finally got some rain. I was so happy lol. 

We are under a thunderstorm warning but we’ve been having tons of them for the past few weeks. I’m hoping it clears the air a bit. We had a brilliant red sun I mean scorching brilliant red at sunset last night but I didn’t get a picture of it. It just seems to be stupid hot all the time. 

glad you guys had some rain!!

I'm so glad I moved out on my own! I live right on the coast. It's still hot here but it's relative. Where I was living at my brother's house it's been high 90s to low 100s. And where he's moving to temporarily? 106. No thank you!

Red sun at night is spooky! But as the saying goes, pink at night, sailor's delight. Pink in the morning, sailors take warning.

40 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm so glad I moved out on my own! I live right on the coast. It's still hot here but it's relative. Where I was living at my brother's house it's been high 90s to low 100s. And where he's moving to temporarily? 106. No thank you!

Red sun at night is spooky! But as the saying goes, pink at night, sailor's delight. Pink in the morning, sailors take warning.

Yeah, far too hot for me . I mean Ontario is ridiculous for humidity. It is not really the actual heat it’s the humidity. The humidity can make it feel 10° warmer. Being land locked in the middle of the continent with massive lakes just really creates a lot of humidity that goes nowhere. 

The red sun was really caused by the smoke in the air I will see if I can find a few pictures from people I know. 

65421572-4F1B-48BD-90B7-4756A56BF47A.jpeg

My cats are really enjoying having no kids here. My cuddle bug cat is back to being a cuddle bug and not skittering for the basement or under the bed and only crawling out after 4:30. He loves being with mommy. He constantly taps me with his paw to ask for more pats. 

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Pink in the morning, sailors take warning.

We had a pink sun this morning. I thought it was the moon and couldn't be convinced otherwise until we walked to a place where I saw that it had to be the sun. My boyfriend just rolled his eyes at me.

So hubby is like superbly stressed trying to co-ordinate with the Forces about this move. Trying to organize our DIT. We need to be able to measure the laundry room to know if we can take our freezer. It is a big chest freezer but CFHA there tells us due to COVID we can’t enter our empty house to see it . 😵💫😵💫 However, find someone with the same style house as you and see if they will let you measure. Whaaaaaaa the actual …. 

So when my son and I said this is stupid as all get out he lost it and yelled and hung up. 😵💫😵💫 He wouldn’t do that at work so he is losing his patience. 

• Haha 1

When we said we only needed 3 days they told us you have five days allotted. We don’t need five days to stare into our living room window and get to know the surroundings. 🙄

Really we only need THAT day and go home again . We are not looking for schools and friends like people with little kids. 

49 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

CFHA there tells us due to COVID we can’t enter our empty house to see it . 😵💫😵💫 However, find someone with the same style house as you and see if they will let you measure. Whaaaaaaa the actual …. 

Wow, that's an interesting immunity loophole.

14 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Wow, that's an interesting immunity loophole.

Right? I think it was a suggestion made by a new work associate but I can’t get into an empty house ? We also don’t have house to house delivery for mail there like we do here. It is community box. Everything is going to community box, well one of my son’s stims is to continually check the mailbox. He does it many times a day, not sure how this will work . 🤔

I still have to talk to my doctor about my sun issue. I can’t even talk to my neighbour across the fence for even 10 minutes in cloud cover without the nasty burning rash coming back . I won’t be able to run a daycare like that.