Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

We have a month and a bit left of summer weather and looking ahead we seem to have a cooler trend in the weather thankfully. End of August you begin to feel the Fall in the evenings. The sun moves further away. Canadians have so little of what you would call nice weather. 

Our DIT is planned for the first week of August and hubby has put in for the monetary advance for it. We are entitled to $1500 but he asked for $1200. We are allowed $98 each a day for food. Nice. But it adds up fast here in restaurants. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Will it be a nice visit?  

No. Probably, not. I can’t stand my SIL. I will let go 33 years of BS from my MIL because she is a frail 87 year old lady who just lost her husband and she has not picked on me in a few years. My SIL picks on my husband relentlessly and is seriously jealous of him. Also we are getting ready to move. I don’t want to entertain guests with my house in various stages of chaos. 

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

No. Probably, not. I can’t stand my SIL. I will let go 33 years of BS from my MIL because she is a frail 87 year old lady who just lost her husband and she has not picked on me in a few years. My SIL picks on my husband relentlessly and is seriously jealous of him. Also we are getting ready to move. I don’t want to entertain guests with my house in various stages of chaos. 

Oh wow, ok.  At least you know your limits 🙂.  

We've been loving the Cottage Fairy!  My daughter and I watch it and we both appreciate the music and beauty and her soft, lovely voice!  Thank you for posting that.

• Like 1
Just now, maritalbliss86 said:

Oh wow, ok.  At least you know your limits 🙂.  

We've been loving the Cottage Fairy!  My daughter and I watch it and we both appreciate the music and beauty and her soft, lovely voice!  Thank you for posting that.

It is so lovely isnt it? I love it . 

5 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Side note... when I watched that video a few days ago on her insecurities, I couldn't believe she felt that way!  She's so beautiful and sweet, you just want to hug her! 

True true, but I loved the way she put it that we are made up of our ancestors and taking features away denies those links so to love ourselves. 

The number of tornadoes this year is out right crazy. I heard about one of the victims of the tornado not 15 minutes from my new home. Her son had made it into the basement but she didn’t quite make it she got to the top of the basement stairs. That’s when the wall and chimney fell on top of her. She was dug out by her son and a neighbour. She has two smashed ankles and a broken back, but alive thankfully. Seeing post and the state of her house I am surprised anyone survived. 

• Sad 2
20 hours ago, Seraphim said:

The number of tornadoes this year is out right crazy.

It really is.  There was a town in the Northern US that had 4 all at once descend down upon it a couple of nights ago.

And we've had more last year and this year than we've ever had that I can remember.

I'm glad your neighbor survived, but wow those are some injuries! 😞 

• Like 1

Whelp… that was scary. R went to the dentist and went down the “ out “ stairs and ended up in the under belly of Mall basement with the door locked to get back inside the mall and the door locked to the outside. He phoned me frantic and couldn’t tell me where he was due to a panic attack which then started mine. I had to run around the upstairs with no mask on because I was in a panic and finally heard his voice and let him out. 😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫 I am back home now and my heart is still pounding in my chest and I want to cry . Breathe , L , breathe.

Yikes! Thank god for cell phones.

When I was in graduate school, some students got trapped in a stairwell for a defunct part of the building--they probably went out there to smoke pot or something lol. Well, I was several stories up, but heard them yelling and pounding on the door. I went down to help them, but couldn't open the door. SO I went to the department office, where a student was manning the desk. He was the most lazy thing! He was like, "Call the campus police." I was like "YOU CALL THE CAMPUS POLICE!!!! PICK UP THAT PHONE IN FRONT OF YOU AND DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!" Man, I wanted to kill him, lol.

6 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Yikes! Thank god for cell phones.

When I was in graduate school, some students got trapped in a stairwell for a defunct part of the building--they probably went out there to smoke pot or something lol. Well, I was several stories up, but heard them yelling and pounding on the door. I went down to help them, but couldn't open the door. SO I went to the department office, where a student was manning the desk. He was the most lazy thing! He was like, "Call the campus police." I was like "YOU CALL THE CAMPUS POLICE!!!! PICK UP THAT PHONE IN FRONT OF YOU AND DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!" Man, I wanted to kill him, lol.

It is my worst nightmare. I have claustrophobia so so so bad .

A few hours after this incident I was having lunch with friends when my Apple Watch went off with an alert of my pulse being far too high while sitting. I have only had 2 alerts since having my watch in 3 years. Once was at the CNE after pot was legal all over and people were smoking it left right and sideways. My pulse went up to 140 because people were smoking next to me. This time I think it was the hormone dump from my panic attack. My pulse is normally about 80-95 . But when I got home and relaxed and doing something I liked it dropped to 53. 
Now it is 84. 

This is today’s range. 

47DC55E3-3150-4D1B-936D-A11372637F10.jpeg

12 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

It really is.  There was a town in the Northern US that had 4 all at once descend down upon it a couple of nights ago.

And we've had more last year and this year than we've ever had that I can remember.

I'm glad your neighbor survived, but wow those are some injuries! 😞 

I am so glad there were no deaths for sure. Scary weather lately . 

2 hours ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Ugh I can't wait for fall!!!  But I love Summer and Spring and Winter, too LOL...

I just love all the seasons 😂 but Fall is so special ❤️ 

Do you make a lot of Fall-seaony foods?

I love love love Fall, it is my fav. I can’t eat a lot of high carb foods due being diabetic. 😢 I love fall foods all the stews and breads etc but can only have very limited amounts. My last read for my AIC was 6. Normal is about 5.5. I don’t want to see this reading 😩 I think I have had too many carbs this go around. 

I had to call the police an hour ago because I thought I saw some teens coming out of our parish centre. No one should be there at 10 at night and why would they start running when they saw me come down the quiet street. Anyway, I called because it was very suspicious.