Jump to content

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)


Seraphim
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, boltnrun said:

LOL I was watching an Air Disasters marathon right before I flew to Los Angeles a couple of years ago.  I thought to myself, this probably isn't the best idea!

My husband watched those shows but he worked on the electrical systems of planes. He says plane travel is far safer than driving a car provided you are flying in a country with proper maintenance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My husband watched those shows but he worked on the electrical systems of planes. He says plane travel is far safer than driving a car provided you are flying in a country with proper maintenance. 

Oh, I'm not afraid to fly. I don't particularly like it, but that's mainly because I suffer from motion sickness. Everyone says to take pills or get one of those wrist things but medication makes me so groggy and I haven't tried getting a wrist thing. I just keep my eyes closed and listen to music on my headphones. I don't imagine I'll be flying anytime in the next couple of years though. I won't take the chance of being seated next to someone who is not vaccinated and I'm not comfortable being smashed into a crowd of people trying to get on and exit the airplane.  Yucky!

I do find airplanes themselves fascinating so that's cool about your husband.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Oh, I'm not afraid to fly. I don't particularly like it, but that's mainly because I suffer from motion sickness. Everyone says to take pills or get one of those wrist things but medication makes me so groggy and I haven't tried getting a wrist thing. I just keep my eyes closed and listen to music on my headphones. I don't imagine I'll be flying anytime in the next couple of years though. I won't take the chance of being seated next to someone who is not vaccinated and I'm not comfortable being smashed into a crowd of people trying to get on and exit the airplane.  Yucky!

I do find airplanes themselves fascinating so that's cool about your husband.

I have motion sickness but not that bad unless there are turbulence. For me it is just fear of flying period because I am not controlling the plane or what is happening. Gravol doesn’t really put me to sleep. But I’ve had so many hard-core prescription drugs over my lifetime that nothing much does. Even being put under for an operation I was able to count back to the number three before I was unconscious. Lol. You know how they put the mask on you and tell you to count back yeah I got all the way to three and remembered it. I fight the effects so it takes a lot for me to go down. I have a cat like that too. He won’t go down after 100 mg of trazodone and 50 mg of gabapentin. He will still be functioning at his appointment but he will crash later. The only time I crashed immediately was when they gave me twilight sedation to pull a tooth. I could still hear what was happening but I didn’t give a crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

The only time I crashed immediately was when they gave me twilight sedation to pull a tooth. I could still hear what was happening but I didn’t give a crap. 

Lol. I was anesthetized a lot during 2019 for the treatments I was receiving on my spine. A couple of times, the anesthesia didn't seem to 'take' for some reason and I was like, "Hey, um... I'm still conscious.... don't do anything yet...." Then, darkness. I wonder if that may have just been the anesthesiologist getting a little distracted by the commotion of the OR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Lol. I was anesthetized a lot during 2019 for the treatments I was receiving on my spine. A couple of times, the anesthesia didn't seem to 'take' for some reason and I was like, "Hey, um... I'm still conscious.... don't do anything yet...." Then, darkness. I wonder if that may have just been the anesthesiologist getting a little distracted by the commotion of the OR.

We must have high tolerance. I have woken up before with the tube in my throat. Both my parents have/had  allergies to anesthesia. Me,  my body reacts strangely to many medications. For instance my epidural I had sensations but my organs didn’t work. My bladder was still inoperative but I could feel I had to go. I woke with a tube in my throat and when they took the tube out I couldn’t breath and then they had to put it back in and put me back under and let me wake again. 
 

My son and brother have strange reactions to medications as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've woken up a couple of times too.  Once, unfortunately, in the middle of a colonoscopy.  I still remember it.  I also woke up when I had a very bad allergic reaction to anesthesia.  I had told them multiple times not to use morphine but they said they wanted to try it anyway.  Hey doctors, I know what I'm talking about!  So yeah, woke up in the middle of an awful allergic reaction.  Thanks a bunch, surgical staff!  Ugh!  At least I didn't wake up while they had my entire intestinal tract outside my body.  That would have sucked big time.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I've woken up a couple of times too.  Once, unfortunately, in the middle of a colonoscopy.  I still remember it.  I also woke up when I had a very bad allergic reaction to anesthesia.  I had told them multiple times not to use morphine but they said they wanted to try it anyway.  Hey doctors, I know what I'm talking about!  So yeah, woke up in the middle of an awful allergic reaction.  Thanks a bunch, surgical staff!  Ugh!  At least I didn't wake up while they had my entire intestinal tract outside my body.  That would have sucked big time.

😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫 I just about died. Omg no thanks. 
 

One time they used nitrous oxide and had a very severe panic attack and grabbed the dental surgery assistant by her shirt ans tried to hit her. I won’t ever take that again . Do the surgery and hurt me or twilight. 

Edited by Seraphim
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Oh wow be careful Seraphim!  Praying for your family 🙏

We don’t live in that area yet thankfully, seems to be a bad tornado year, but the heat and humidity is ridiculous. It is 40C today. Hubby said he is digging a slit trench when we get there because of no basements. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I found some info online. Apparently Barrie and Innisfil are affected with other nearby areas under a warning.

I know pretty much nothing about Canada and what is where. But I do hope no one was injured.

 

Yes, that is the area I am going to. These are NOT my pictures, but some pictures coming from the area. 

F9AD8AB2-550D-4159-A307-C0CDB0EE4F12.jpeg

12F9AA36-BD5B-4826-BA8F-5906CFE46EE0.jpeg

D6B1F298-368D-47C2-9F6C-DF830B044664.jpeg

F151A11B-8440-4A63-84A5-1DD231B067A3.jpeg

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...