Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I want to get a van conversion. An RV would be too cumbersome to drive and park and it's just me. My brother thinks a tiny house is the right choice but you can't drive it and you need a tow vehicle and a trailer and somewhere to set the house. With a van conversion you can park it anywhere. 

My mother taught me to do a lot with very little. One of my favorite quotes is from Nascar driver Dave Marcis. He said "We've done so much with so little for so long, by now we can do anything with nothing!"

See, I love a van conversation but my husband says, no. He prefers a trailer because he wants to detach the truck. 

50 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Well exactly! Don’t leave it too late! Enjoy your time now, especially if you have the means too or can make it work! 

This song was written about Hartlepool! Absolutely love Morrissey. Definitely top 10 invited dream dinner party guest. If you could have anyone, dead or alive, at your ideal dinner party, who would they be?

So many songs of his, and most I weirdly don’t find depressing at all! I love ‘A Boy With A Thorn In His Side’ and ‘Back To The Old House’ and God, there are so many aren’t there! I used to have an American pen pal friend back in my teenage days and he loved Morrissey. I didn’t realise he was so popular in America until he mentioned it. 

He’s like, the music for the outcast or fringe introvert or something. Poetry! 

x

This is a longer answer so I will answer in the morning. 

1 minute ago, maritalbliss86 said:

It is the greatest pleasure, living long enough to annoy your own children 😂❤️😂

Right? The only time he would consider travelling with us is if we were taking him to a NASCAR race and parking in the infield. Other than that no way. And he said if you think that your grandkids are visiting some gypsy caravan you’ve got another thing coming. 🤣🤣🤣

My son is not the only person who is annoyed by our choice of retirement. apparently my sister-in-law thinks we are over the bend too. She says how am I supposed to visit you?? I felt like saying well that’s the point you don’t. 😂

• Haha 2

So our move has just become the biggest clown show possible I’m talking epic proportions. Apparently according to housing here we have to be out of this Q on my husband’s reporting date however according to base traffic there’s no moving company available until after 1 August. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ We are also  at least moved up on the list in our new location to number 20. 

Yesterday  my husband‘s boss said we might be held up for a little bit so could I possibly ask for my clients back. Wha????? No I can’t ask for my clients back that’s ridiculous. 

Now  my stepfather is sick not just my father-in-law but now my stepdad. Apparently he fainted and has fainted several times so he needs to go get bloodwork and an EKG done. 

There  is good news on the Covid front. Canada seems to be going down the backside of this third wave. In my area we’ve had no new Covid cases in seven days straight and we have no active cases. In my area there’s only one person left in hospital. The province had 469 new cases which is the lowest it’s been in eight months. 

20 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Yes, I just don't want to hear about them anymore. 

That broadcaster was brutal lol. 

Amen sister !! If I hear anymore about them I am going to blow off my own ears and burn out my eyes. 

You have to leave it to the Aussies😂😂😂they will tell it how it is . Us Canadians are too polite to tell people to p… off…. Lol. 

• Haha 1

Don’t get me wrong the birth of any baby is a beautiful thing. I wish them luck with their kids. The death of his mother was horrible and tragic and horrible for any child to lose their mother. But for somebody who’s had admittedly at least eight years of therapy and just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on about all the ways he’s so traumatized. And how disrespectful he is to his own family on a global scale. JUST SHUT UP. Have your five months maternity and shut up. We don’t want to hear from you anymore. Less is more please learn this lesson. 

So we are going back home this weekend for my husband to see his dad. He hasn’t seen him in almost 2 years due Covid and other issues. 

The nursing homes are now allowing you to see the residents outside. You still need to be 2 metre apart and wear a mask even if vaccinated. 🤦‍♀️Plus have a Covid test. Well, his bimbet  sister doesn’t tell him this till Wednesday night. There’s nowhere here to get rapid test done . What she doesn’t tell him is that they do it right at the home and you get your results in 15 minutes. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🙄🙄🙄 so if she would’ve let him pay $50 to get one done back home at pharmacy. And only close family and only two people at a time can see him so that just means my husband. 

My son hasn’t seen him in 2 years either but he won’t take a Covid test for anyone. We are going to be visiting my mom. We will then see my husband’s mother .