Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

That is fantastic news.

The way to fight against anything Covid related is to do whatever you can to ensure you don't contract it.

Was he motivated by wanting to see his grandparents?

I think that is a lot of it. He wants to see his grandfather in the nursing home and he wants to be hugged by his grandmother . Plus, I think he wants to travel when it is time. Although they are saying the natural immunity is much greater and for much longer. But it’s the chance of surviving Covid or not. 

I am still so so so relieved that my son decided to get the vaccine . It is at the hockey arena up at our new home. Once that needle is in his arm I am just going to jump for joy inside. I have to temper my reactions not to upset him. He wants me to come in with him while he gets it . 

I found my great great grandmother on Ancestry she was born in 1854. She died in 1916 4 years after her daughter. Her daughter was born in 1881 and died in 1912. Her daughter was my mother’s grandmother. Ans her daughter was MY grandmother born in 1906 and died in 1980. Then there was my mother who was born in 1946. Then there was me born in 1966. I was born 112 years after my great great grandmother. 

My great great grandmother died of Typhoid her death certificate says. My great grandmother who was her daughter died of a dental infection 3 days after giving birth to her last baby. My grandmother died of a heart attack from a blood clot. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My great great grandmother died of Typhoid her death certificate says. My great grandmother who was her daughter died of a dental infection 3 days after giving birth to her last baby. My grandmother died of a heart attack from a blood clot.

This last part is so sad, but the history is so interesting Seraphim.  Very thankful for our modern healthcare.

4 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

This last part is so sad, but the history is so interesting Seraphim.  Very thankful for our modern healthcare.

Absolutely my great great grandmother and great mother would have been alive if there had been antibiotics and my own grandmother would not have ended up an orphan at 6 when her mom died. She went to live with her grandmother then at 6 and then her grandmother died of Typhoid when my own grandmother was 12. She was then sent to Quebec to be raised by her eldest brother. 

The weekend was so utterly stressful. My step dad looks god awful. In the space of a month he has lost weight and he is pale and yellow and looks SICK. My mom is stressed to the hilt and so is he . 

He looked so bad that my son was crying. I didn’t sleep the entire night at the hotel because I was worried. 

My father -in-law is losing a ton of what muscle control he has even in his face . My SIL is back to rude as sh*t and taking it out on my husband because she can’t take her dad dying. Because of the stress of the weekend I had an IBS attack so bad all Sunday I think I went 23 times. 

if this is what we have to look forward to every weekend going closer to home no thanks. 

• Sad 1

I already have someone to avoid in my new community. Every. Single. One. of her posts in the spouses’ group starts with , “ No judgment “and the other statements, “ My husband is an officer and I am a psychologist.” Yup, I am out . You’re paranoid and a rank dropper. 

11 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I remember seeing Rod in concert. 

He's a big part of my childhood. This song reminds me of Maggie Mae. He probably reused the music lol!

I was so surprised to hear him sing "I'm Losing You" when he was part of The Faces. It's a Temptations cover. Even though it's clearly him, it's so different. I love it. 

This is another one of my favorites by him, a Tom Waits cover. I like when he says, "You wave your hand and they scatter like birds. They're nothing that'll ever capture your heart."

I guess I like his covers lol....

• Like 1

My husband was talking to his new boss who phoned CFHA where we are going and they said 30 3 bedroom units are being vacated and we are #20 on the list so we should be going in a month or so. Next week is my last full week of work and 3 days of the next week. 

• Like 2

So my parents divorced I believe  in April of 1972. They got back together in January 1981 and broke up again in January 1992. In the meantime my dad’s work place during the years that my parents were back together had a programme of paying the same amount of money into an RRSP that the person contributed. My mom convinced my dad to do this.

Come to the present day that money is still being held as a GIC in the bank. My mom is the beneficiary apparently but my dad’s sister said he promised it to her but he never changed it. Now of course my mom doesn’t have a divorce decree from 48 years ago. My mom would have to pay $100 for the decree for my aunt to get $25,000. My mom says no way in HELL is she doing that . 

Plus my parents were back together when this money was put in. My mom feels it should be hers. 

My aunt is hoping to discredit my mom and convince the bank they were apart . She thinks we are stupid but my mom holds the key to this money. The bank has to uphold the law and my mom is the beneficiary. 

My aunt already got all the money in his bank accounts and the majority of his life insurance. 

So , my mom in talking with my brother found out my aunt inherits my father’s estate nothing my mom can do. Either way I am NOT paying for the divorce decree and I told her that. I said if you pay me I will order it. My mom has no use for a 50 year old divorce decree from a dead man.