Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

15 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Yeah, the vaccine reduces the likelihood of contracting the virus and will greatly reduce the effects if you do contract it. So yes, it's prudent that she only see vaccinated people.

That’s the thing I am not sure she would even survive “ some “ side effects. She has 5 medications for her asthma that do nothing , she has fibrosis of the lungs an unfolding aorta, poor circulation and edema, very severe arthritis. She needs a new hip and literally can’t walk . She has bad osteoporosis. A back that has been broken 4 times. She has IBS and diverticulitis etc etc etc., she wouldn’t even survive minor effects.  

29 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

That’s the thing I am not sure she would even survive “ some “ side effects. She has 5 medications for her asthma that do nothing , she has fibrosis of the lungs an unfolding aorta, poor circulation and edema, very severe arthritis. She needs a new hip and literally can’t walk . She has bad osteoporosis. A back that has been broken 4 times. She has IBS and diverticulitis etc etc etc., she wouldn’t even survive minor effects.  

Yes, that's what I was wondering if she'd be able to handle it overall.

Technically, a fully vaccinated person shouldn't be able to contract it.  I know there are cases in Florida where it's happened, but if the vaccine works, the vaccinated person should be protected when/if they're exposed.

Otherwise it proves the vaccines don't work.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Poor thing. It's amazing she is holding on.

She has a strong will to survive. Living with my dad decimated her , really. She is actually physically and health wise far worse off than her own parents were. Both of my parents had/have hideous physical health problems and I have every disease BOTH  my parents had/have and a rare one of my own. I am just trying to keep mine to levels that can be controlled. 

19 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Yes, that's what I was wondering if she'd be able to handle it overall.

Technically, a fully vaccinated person shouldn't be able to contract it.  I know there are cases in Florida where it's happened, but if the vaccine works, the vaccinated person should be protected when/if they're exposed.

Otherwise it proves the vaccines don't work.

I guess it would depend on one’s own immune system. 

From what I understand vaccines don't make you immune to viruses and diseases, they make it unlikely you'll contract them OR they greatly reduce their effects.  That's why you can get the flu even if you get a flu shot, but you won't get it nearly as badly as you would have. Vaccines boost your own immune system and make it much more effective in fighting off these illnesses.

Since I had Covid AND am vaccinated I have extra protection, from what I was told.

Your mother seems like a real fighter.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

From what I understand vaccines don't make you immune to viruses and diseases, they make it unlikely you'll contract them OR they greatly reduce their effects.  That's why you can get the flu even if you get a flu shot, but you won't get it nearly as badly as you would have. Vaccines boost your own immune system and make it much more effective in fighting off these illnesses.

Since I had Covid AND am vaccinated I have extra protection, from what I was told.

Your mother seems like a real fighter.

She definitely is. She almost died several times in her life. She almost died at 8 years old from a blood infection and spent 4 months in the hospital on antibiotics. Thank God they were around at the time or she would’ve been dead. She almost died around the time I was born. My dad had let her lapse into a coma while pregnant with me. I think she has had the last rites said for her at least three or four times. She has pulled through every time . She has a very very strong will to live and be positive and keep going . I adore my mom. ❤️

26 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

From what I understand vaccines don't make you immune to viruses and diseases

Different vaccines are different, and none are 100%, but in general, ones for polio or measles work by making the population generally immune, otherwise more kids would be contracting those, becoming paralyzed, dying, etc.  Those vaccines have proven they do work.

The flu vaccines created every year are different though.  Sometimes they prove not to work effectively.  Those viruses, like covid, are a lot more unstable and mutate, plus the scientists creating them are literally guessing which ones will work.  Sometimes they guess wrongly. 

I get it though with her health failing already, she needs to be quarantined. 

55 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

I could have said it more simply like this:

Polio vaccine provides lifelong immunity.  Covid not so much.  Contracting it will probably have better immunity than the vaccine, if you look at studies about the flu viruses.

I have had influenza once but I am not sure which type. Never been so sick in my life. It killed my grandpa. We got it from him at the retirement home. 
I get my vaccine religiously though since that experience. 

• Sad 1
57 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Is Bernardo still alive?  Please don't tell me he was released!  That man is an evil monster.

Oh yes, he is still alive, he is only in his 50’s. He was also the Scarborough Rapist as well as the School Girl killer. No, he was never released. One of the girls he killed was a friend of my cousins. He was cruising the area I lived in when I was in my early 20’s. He is now in a prison quite close to me. His wife who assisted in the murdered was released after 12 years because she cut a deal before the police knew she was just as complicit. She married the brother of her lawyer and had 3 kids and lives in Quebec.