Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

14 hours ago, Seraphim said:

EA4D4ABA-687D-4F25-81A3-BA3BB8F597B4.jpeg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they're so cute with their giant mouths. 

I love when the parents build the nests at eye level so that you can see right in. One time when my boyfriend and I were on a walk, we passed a telephone pole with some kind of box mounted on it, right at eye level. On the box was a nest, which we didn't really notice. But when we passed, a couple baby bird heads popped up and waved around with their mouths open, demanding that we feed them 😂 It was the cutest thing. They were gone a week later.

They grow so fast. Just last week, we passed a low nest in an evergreen tree. The babies had some fuzz, but no real feathers yet. We heard a sharp chirp from somewhere in the tree, so we left before mom/dad got mad and dive bombed us. Happens sometimes with blue jays. Two days later, those baby birds looked like adult birds, literally stuffed into their nest. Arnold thought they might be the parents, but I could see the baby fuzz on them. Besides, there were three. I think they had just been fed, because they were just sitting there, looking at us (not demanding food). A day or two after that, they were gone. 

It was the same when we saved that baby dove. It took two weeks for him to get all of his adult feathers. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jibralta said:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they're so cute with their giant mouths. 

I love when the parents build the nests at eye level so that you can see right in. One time when my boyfriend and I were on a walk, we passed a telephone pole with some kind of box mounted on it, right at eye level. On the box was a nest, which we didn't really notice. But when we passed, a couple baby bird heads popped up and waved around with their mouths open, demanding that we feed them 😂 It was the cutest thing. They were gone a week later.

They grow so fast. Just last week, we passed a low nest in an evergreen tree. The babies had some fuzz, but no real feathers yet. We heard a sharp chirp from somewhere in the tree, so we left before mom/dad got mad and dive bombed us. Happens sometimes with blue jays. Two days later, those baby birds looked like adult birds, literally stuffed into their nest. Arnold thought they might be the parents, but I could see the baby fuzz on them. Besides, there were three. I think they had just been fed, because they were just sitting there, looking at us (not demanding food). A day or two after that, they were gone. 

It was the same when we saved that baby dove. It took two weeks for him to get all of his adult feathers. 

They DO grow so quickly. These are baby robins . I think dad built the nest too low because it is at my waist level . I will look in a few days to see how they have done. 😃

The blue eggs and bright yellow/orange beaks are a give away!

Come to think of it, most of the low nests that I've seen have been robin's nests. Doves apparently have low nests, too (and very "loose" nests as well), but I don't think I've ever seen a dove nest in person.

• Like 1

((Hugs)) I think it's hard when it's his mom pressuring him probably.  Sometimes showing someone respect about their decision, makes them eventually reconsider ❤️ 

I'm sure there's going to be yearly vaccines, boosters or something along those lines.  So if he misses this, it's not really the end of the world you know? He may decide to get one a year or two from now.  And it may be more updated.

People don't seem to realize their vaccines aren't going to last usually beyond a year. 🤦‍♀️  It's similar to the flu vaccine, and then there are other worse factors that could happen with the need for newer ones a year or two from now anyway.  So he'll more than likely have more chances down the line.

But sending internet hugs!  ❤️.

• Like 1

It kind of is. My mom is declining in health and she won’t allow him to visit if he won’t be vaccinated. By the time he gets vaccinated she could be dead. She has a fatal lung illness. Everyone in the entire family will be vaccinated but him. My mom is at the point where she can’t talk for long periods or she can’t breath or walking and breathing is limited . So he doesn’t have forever to get a vaccine and see her. 

53 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What is his main reason for not wanting to get the vaccine?

Nothing has gone right for him this year. Even people have acted like a jerk to him even complete strangers. It has made him intensely paranoid. He doesn’t trust anything to do with Covid. 

As for our move we have been in touch with the Forces relocation services. We have received the amount of our custom pay packet and the general pay packet. That should be put into our account soon. With the new moving regulations you make all your own arrangements but they will pay unless of course it is outrageous. Hubby has his first meeting online with our relocation agent next Thursday . We still have no address in the new location yet. 

14 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

So she's not vaccinated then, right?  If she was, then she should be mostly protected, but I understand her health may have made it impossible.

My mom has had one dose but she won’t see anyone not vaccinated because her dead is certain should she catch it .