Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

9 hours ago, luminousone said:

That is good news! 

You have that right! I had collected $12,000 in government support last year , $8000 of which they didn’t take tax off of. Mind you I was only open eight months of the year. But the way my accountant explained it your expenses lasted 12 months of the year so that helped. 

30 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

There is also the suggestion if you’ve already had Covid you don’t need the second shot just the first one . 

That is not what I've been told.  All the medical professionals in the US (at least the ones who aren't trying to say Covid isn't a thing!) say you need both shots.  Antibodies from having the virus don't last more than a few months.

And I did have Covid and had almost no side effects of the vaccine.  I consider myself very lucky.

8 hours ago, boltnrun said:

That is not what I've been told.  All the medical professionals in the US (at least the ones who aren't trying to say Covid isn't a thing!) say you need both shots.  Antibodies from having the virus don't last more than a few months.

And I did have Covid and had almost no side effects of the vaccine.  I consider myself very lucky.

I think scientists are just discussing the possibility . The individual immune system is so different. They would have to test the antibodies of the individual person but they are recommending the two dose schedule. 

The first shot side effects really kicked my arse. My immune system threw everything at it . I am just over a week from my first shot . I will take the second one of course but I am not looking forward to the side effects. Maybe this time it will be less who knows . I hope so. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, Seraphim said:

Hmmmmmm , there is some suggestion that if you had a massive reaction to the first dose of vaccine you could have had a brush with Covid . 

I follow this guy too. I don’t always agree with him and I find him to be full of himself at times. He has at least changed his mind on some things as the science comes in, so I appreciate that about him. I’m thinking of introducing my son to his videos, because then at least my son would be exposed to real science. And I think he would appeal to my son...

By the way, a friend of a friend is a nurse that worked with him and the nurses adore and respect him.

Mrs Doctor ZDogg is also a physician.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, Seraphim said:

There is also the suggestion if you’ve already had Covid you don’t need the second shot just the first one . 

Yes, he hinted at that when we had so few doses on hand, so we could get everyone at least partially vaccinated. But now he recommends both doses.

15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I think scientists are just discussing the possibility . The individual immune system is so different. They would have to test the antibodies of the individual person but they are recommending the two dose schedule. 

The first shot side effects really kicked my arse. My immune system threw everything at it . I am just over a week from my first shot . I will take the second one of course but I am not looking forward to the side effects. Maybe this time it will be less who knows . I hope so. 

Yes, my friend that had COVID had a reaction to the first shot but not much on the second.

I had a mild reaction to the first one (sore arm, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, slight elevated temp). Then the second packed a wallop for me- fever for 36 hours, then boom - it was gone.

However, combined with my cancer treatment, I had fatigue for 6 weeks. My coworkers didn’t though.

7 hours ago, luminousone said:

I follow this guy too. I don’t always agree with him and I find him to be full of himself at times. He has at least changed his mind on some things as the science comes in, so I appreciate that about him. I’m thinking of introducing my son to his videos, because then at least my son would be exposed to real science. And I think he would appeal to my son...

By the way, a friend of a friend is a nurse that worked with him and the nurses adore and respect him.

Mrs Doctor ZDogg is also a physician.

Yeah, I came across him looking for people’s side effect reactions to the vaccine . 

I have found people who with the first shot who had a big reaction like me. I don’t think I had Covid because no one around me got sick or was sick. I think my immune system went all systems go. It might not do it the second time . Mostly though people’s big reaction has been the second shot. 

I would agree with the two doses too for all people . 

My husband gets his Moderna shot this Friday. 

I think I am going to reevaluate what I am doing when I move. I am EXHAUSTED constantly, I am middle aged. I mean are other middle aged people this exhausted? I don’t know. I don’t understand how I could go to bed exhausted, wake up exhausted. Just continuously aching exhausted. My blood work says I am fine . It could be my choice of work and very little down time . 

I am getting excited to move on. I will miss the sounds of aircraft all day and night though and the train whistles. I will miss my tiny house. I will miss my beautiful old church , it is almost 200 years old. I don’t know right now if I will miss my community but I will definitely miss my daycare babies . 

• Like 1