Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

51 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

I'm patiently waiting for my turn at a first dose. It's ok though, I'm pretty low priority, working from home and no kids to worry about coming and going. 

I hope you can get one soon. As of May 24 here I think they are dropping the age to 18 to get a vaccine . 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2019 at 11:46 AM, Seraphim said:

My in-laws 60th anniversary was OK . That was until it got to the part with my sister-in-law’s speech. She turns to me and says you will always be part of our family just know that . She must’ve seen the look on my face because Lord knows my face needs deliverance because it tells you exactly what’s on my mind no holds barred. I swear to God I almost laughed. And she says no no really . Not one word comes out of either one of his parents . She even had to make a point of showing me the anniversary plate she had made with my name before hers.

You are not impressing me girl . Uh huh. You know I am still mad about you cursing and swearing at my husband and treating him like shyte for almost a year . And spoiling last Thanksgiving and Christmas for everybody . Don’t bother trying to weasel in that doesn’t work with me .

I know this was awhile ago, but just wanted to remark on how people use big events to make really weird speeches.  At least you could laugh about it, that's really good.

We were held up as a bad example at the last event we attended (with lots of extended family members there)... it was like a public roasting for how we had a prior estrangement that had been reconciled for years at that point!  It was beyond humiliating, and I kept thinking to myself how crazy they were using something as important as a wedding to, "get back at us."  Just seemed so distasteful.  One aunt came up to me afterward and said, "At least you have your family and beautiful children...."  Obviously she was trying to console me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maritalbliss86 said:

I know this was awhile ago, but just wanted to remark on how people use big events to make really weird speeches.  At least you could laugh about it, that's really good.

We were held up as a bad example at the last event we attended (with lots of extended family members there)... it was like a public roasting for how we had a prior estrangement that had been reconciled for years at that point!  It was beyond humiliating, and I kept thinking to myself how crazy they were using something as important as a wedding to, "get back at us."  Just seemed so distasteful.  One aunt came up to me afterward and said, "At least you have your family and beautiful children...."  Obviously she was trying to console me.

It was a while ago, this year is their 62nd. 
Yes, I don’t know what it is but big events bring out the worst in people. 

Hubby is home all week doing his writing board AGAIN for this course . It is always a pain when he is here even after 3 years he is just not cognizant of nap time and when I am making lunch and I don’t need him all over in the way huffing and puffing because he is under stress. And wandering about in and out of the nap room because he forgets daily kids are in there . Fun fun. 

I was talking with my accountant who was also one of my daycare moms for two years. She said to maybe find a little part time job when I move . She said you’re going to be 55 and childcare is hard work. You are working 60 hours a week or more . 

I am really worried about my brother apparently he has been super super sick for about seven days. Since his vaccine really. He’s had stabbing shooting pains down his legs unable to breathe and drifting in and out of consciousness he said. He sent his daughter to be with her mom. He just told my mom today that he called for an ambulance and he would never call for an ambulance in his life ever. The ambulance  refused to take him to the hospital. His doctor’s office told him not to go to the hospital. I am terrified for him . 😢😢😢😢 I offered to come to him because he won’t allow my mom or anybody to come in case  he has Covid. He told me , no . 

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I am really worried about my brother apparently he has been super super sick for about seven days. Since his vaccine really. He’s had stabbing shooting pains down his legs unable to breathe and drifting in and out of consciousness he said. He sent his daughter to be with her mom. He just told my mom today that he called for an ambulance and he would never call for an ambulance in his life ever. The ambulance  refused to take him to the hospital. His doctor’s office told him not to go to the hospital. I am terrified for him . 😢😢😢😢 I offered to come to him because he won’t allow my mom or anybody to come in case  he has Covid. He told me , no . 

Oh no. I hope he is ok. Maybe you should go anyway.

My stomach is killing me. My brother and my mom’s biopsy and hubby doing his writing board. And my brother says don’t come by the weekend I will be dead anyway. That is the last conscious thing my father said to me before he died. 😢😢😢

• Sad 1

I have kept some of my dad’s phone messages on my landline phone for a few years. I just put them onto my cell on a recording app . Now dad is secure in case Bell loses my messages when we get a new number. Hard to believe it will be a year in August. 

Oh daddy I miss you. Hearing your messages makes me cry. I feel horrible for not being more attentive daddy… I am so sorry. I should have been better than what I was. 

Daddy, we need your help. Your son is super sick. Mom , keeps finding more cancer spots. I just feel on the edge of the  precipice. We need you, Dad, wherever you are reach out your hand to help, if not me help your son and mom. 

10 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I have kept some of my dad’s phone messages on my landline phone for a few years. I just put them onto my cell on a recording app . Now dad is secure in case Bell loses my messages when we get a new number. Hard to believe it will be a year in August. 

I kept my dad in my cell phone for at least 10 years after he died. Whenever my step-mom called me (or I called her), it would say "Dad," which somehow didn't bother me.

I actually just looked and there's still one number in there with him attached to it.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jibralta said:

I kept my dad in my cell phone for at least 10 years after he died. Whenever my step-mom called me (or I called her), it would say "Dad," which somehow didn't bother me.

I actually just looked and there's still one number in there with him attached to it.

I still have my dad’s number programmed into my phone too even though I am sure it belongs to someone else now.