Women: how important is income to you?

Krankor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money is important to everyone... Many women are looking for security or a man that can provide for the family.

That is genetics, human nature whatever you want to call it.

If you live in a metropolitan area are male and don't make at least 6 figures, well then good luck dating... Especially in the northeast. Women are money oriented

Women in big cities are reluctant to date men who do not make 6 figures. Reluctant is being nice.

The woman's salary does not matter, if it's 35K they want someone to provide for them and children, if they make 100K+ they want someone equal so they

wont have to pay for the man... This is real and happening all the time.

If you don't live in a big city women are far more pragmatic and less materialistic....And from what I can see far nicer and less selfish than women in big cities

honest question. Women, how important is income to you. I think if you combined my income with even say a $30K earner we could have a nice, comfortable life together, but I have to wonder if a lot of women have a higher standard based on my experience.

Honest answer (and shown by my life choices and my history), not very. Other things are important, such as work ethic, moral values, attitude toward the environment and animals, ability to be a partner, compassion, etc.

Women are biologically hard-wired to seek out the men with the most resources

Ah! I'm clearly missing that wire in my makeup. I'm hard-wired to be in nature and avoid crowds.

I'm a baby boomer, remember flower power, unisex styles, and the back-to-the-earth movement, and I welcome anyone to join my reality. (Just respect my privacy. Thanks.)

I think the lines are skewed as far as biology and "providing resources." I mean, yes, if you're talking back when the availability of nutrition simply didn't exist for women to attain the required physicality that men more naturally have to support a community in their own way, certainly. But you're talking an age where a woman can sit behind a computer just as easy as a man can, the logic is pretty lost. I do agree that the norm is the norm, however you want to define the origin, but "providing" has its own connotations now.

Take my lady and myself. She's a doctor, making well into the six-digits, standing to make over a quarter mil before long. I'll never get close to that. I do handle the household maintenance, handle the heavy lifting and dirty work, take care of her vehicle, and, having served as an infantryman, am fairly confident in physically taking care of her should push come to shove. She's very gladly and vocally decided she's absolutely fine being the one to provide a few extra bucks in "exchange" (crudely paraphrasing) for what I bring.

Are there dudes who can bring what I bring and still making $225,000 a year? I'm sure. But, at least as far as my experience goes, there seems to be an obvious void where I can come in, simply have my **** together, and do absolutely fine with successful women despite not having a higher-end salary myself.

I have an acquaintance who has 3 children including a baby, a toddler and a tween. She is in the legal field and after giving birth last year is now in her first year of law school going part time at night. Her husband is a full time dad and has been for at least 3-4 years (not sure what his training/background is) and that is how it will be for at least the next number of years. She is a very strong person and woman and seems to have a healthy and strong marriage. I think their choices are a wonderful alternative despite being rare. I hope it becomes less rare.

My husband never, ever, wanted to be home full time and I did want to be home full time for the first several years so that worked out fine but as I've written here before I prepared for 11 years prior to getting married -and at a time when I was not serious with anyone - and I think my approach should be more typical -if a woman thinks she wants to be home with young children (or older children) in the future, she should do her best to save $ so that if needed she can contribute from her savings (or from the income from her investments) to the family income so that there is not full dependence on just one salary. Certainly some people don't know their future goals that early on but many do from what I've seen/experienced or at least a "someday I might want a family" kind of thing.

Female here.

I don't care about his income as long as he does have a job or is looking for one and mainly, loves what he's doing. I don't like people who hate what they're doing and not even trying to find something else. Usually they are miserable and nagging all the time about something they are not willing to change. Just to be clear, I am aware of the times and it's difficulties, I know that it's hard to do what you love, I just don't like the "not doing anything to change" part the most.

The more important thing is if he pays his bills and lives within his means -- that is way more important than actual dollar amount --- but that has to be an amount where he puts food on the table for himself, can afford modest transportation and rent for himself or mortgage. that's pretty basic.

Male perspective.

I might be a chemist but I work in the sanitation industry. My work is mostly $hit, literally. I don't make any great amount of money. Most people cringe when I tell them I work in a wastewater treatment facility.

It is a extremely stable job with great benefits though. Pay is decent. But when people see how excited and invested I am in my job while talking about it they change their perceptions fast.

Most people don't have anything on me when it comes to job satisfaction. People see that and it makes them think differently about it.

Jist saying that how you sell it makes a big difference.

Male perspective.

I might be a chemist but I work in the sanitation industry. My work is mostly $hit, literally. I don't make any great amount of money. Most people cringe when I tell them I work in a wastewater treatment facility.

It is a extremely stable job with great benefits though. Pay is decent. But when people see how excited and invested I am in my job while talking about it they change their perceptions fast.

Most people don't have anything on me when it comes to job satisfaction. People see that and it makes them think differently about it.

Jist saying that how you sell it makes a big difference.

oh you're a chemist ...I didn't get that ...ahhaha ahhhhhhhhh can you hear the penny dropping

At my job I am comfortably in the middle class. With overtime and a pickup shift here and there I gross about $65K a year. I have a job that some women find attractive and that I'll never starve doing. .

If you aren't attractive to some because of your pay then those who might judge aren't worth your time anyway.

I was married to someone who looked great on paper, pay, looks and had `an attractive job' similar to yours.

But he lacked in character, integrity and empathy, so all the money and fancy titles meant absolutely squat in the end.

I agree with those before me. Take your salary off your profile. You want someone to judge by other things more important.

Archived