Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

9 hours ago, greendots said:

Lovely day, great energy all around. Then, I get home looking forward to play an online board game with others. Couldn't load graphics. 😞 Energy goes back down. To top it off, my neighbours are blasting tunes that don't seem to change the beat or melody.

Am I cantankerous right now, lol.

This too shall pass. 🙂

Hard to imagine you cantankerous, greendots. The house on my left likes to karaoke with the windows open in summer. I’ve half a mind this year to go over and join in. 

1 hour ago, Rose Mosse said:

Hard to imagine you cantankerous, greendots. The house on my left likes to karaoke with the windows open in summer. I’ve half a mind this year to go over and join in. 

That's sweet of you to say, Rose!

Karaoke! Should be fun joining in, hehe. 🙂

• Like 1
On 4/11/2022 at 12:46 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Empty shelves. That makes it worse with higher gas prices to have to stop at 2, 3, 4, whatever places to simply get some food shopping done. 

image.png.fc37199ed491f72dfaa0c0d2221533ef.png

I went to pick up a few things today, and it was wild. We have a big storm coming in our area where people are advised to be prepared to be snowed in for days and possibility of no power, plus Easter around the corner and regular shortages. 

I literally saw people fighting over potatoes. Potatoes!! There were entire emptied out sections and people were acting nuts. 

So that's all fine, doesn't bother me much. My annoyance was that there are a billion nut oat lactose free triple filtered enhanced garbage "milks" taking up valuable space to put actual milk. Like dudes, f you with your $9 triple "purified" "milk". And it's like this for so many things...nothing can just be poor people food anymore, even in an age of insane inflation. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

I went to pick up a few things today, and it was wild. We have a big storm coming in our area where people are advised to be prepared to be snowed in for days and possibility of no power, plus Easter around the corner and regular shortages. 

I literally saw people fighting over potatoes. Potatoes!! There were entire emptied out sections and people were acting nuts. 

So that's all fine, doesn't bother me much. My annoyance was that there are a billion nut oat lactose free triple filtered enhanced garbage "milks" taking up valuable space to put actual milk. Like dudes, f you with your $9 triple "purified" "milk". And it's like this for so many things...nothing can just be poor people food anymore, even in an age of insane inflation. 

Be safe .❤️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Communal laundry room. Only two washers and two dryers for 22 apartments. Some people just leave their clothes in the machines for hours and even days. Right now both dryers are full of someone's clothes. Very inconsiderate.

Bonus for when the person comes in while you're removing their clothes from the machine after waiting several hours and they get angry. "How dare you touch my clothes! It was only a few hours, get over it!!"

And, another annoyance!

Accounting clerk sends me an email saying something was entered incorrectly, then proceeds to lecture me about how and why it's wrong and then gives me instructions on how to enter it correctly complete with screen shots.

I didn't make that entry. In fact, it was entered seven years before I joined the company.

Shut it, princess.

5 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Communal laundry room. Only two washers and two dryers for 22 apartments. Some people just leave their clothes in the machines for hours and even days. Right now both dryers are full of someone's clothes. Very inconsiderate.

Bonus for when the person comes in while you're removing their clothes from the machine after waiting several hours and they get angry. "How dare you touch my clothes! It was only a few hours, get over it!!"

When I lived in one apt. building  the management put up a sign that "clothes left in machines for over 24 hrs., will be donated to charity". It worked great. 

Minor annoyance that so many seem to accelerate through everything to the next thing so fast. Not just corporations, people.

I just harvested apples off the tree. Its the first day of fall. And I hear " yeah, I'm already over pumpkins and Halloween, I'm onto winter and Christmas now".

What. 

No.

I haven't put away sandals. Calm yourselves . Lol. Let me enjoy what's here now!!

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Minor annoyance that so many seem to accelerate through everything to the next thing so fast. Not just corporations, people.

I just harvested apples off the tree. Its the first day of fall. And I hear " yeah, I'm already over pumpkins and Halloween, I'm onto winter and Christmas now".

What. 

No.

I haven't put away sandals. Calm yourselves . Lol. Let me enjoy what's here now!!

Pretty soon stores will have Christmas decorations and sales in August🎄🎃🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 6:54 PM, boltnrun said:

What annoys me is when people ask for advice then argue with the advice given. If they've already made up their minds, why bother asking for advice???

There's a new portmanteau for that.

Urban Dictionary: Askhole A person who constantly asks for your advice, yet ALWAYS does the complete opposite of what you told them to do

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Every single FB post commanding me to post -whatever response -then share on my own page.  

I love the ones that say "I'll be able to tell who my real friends are by who reposts this". Um, I know who my real friends are by who doesn't create silly chain letter posts and then insist everyone repost.

I also dislike being tagged in people's Scentsy parties. I have my settings set so all tagged posts are reviewed by me before they show up on my feed. No, I don't want any fake candles. K THX 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I love the ones that say "I'll be able to tell who my real friends are by who reposts this". Um, I know who my real friends are by who doesn't create silly chain letter posts and then insist everyone repost.

I also dislike being tagged in people's Scentsy parties. I have my settings set so all tagged posts are reviewed by me before they show up on my feed. No, I don't want any fake candles. K THX 

Yes especially those. So silly. I like that idea about your settings !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People who routinely share with me lifestyle changes they need to and plan to make - one friend in particular - around my age, mom of teens. Getting a part time job, exercising, eating better, reading more. Then just as fast the lame excuses as to why it’s not possible or when she will implement the plan - meaning timing “after (spring break/ baseball season / graduation etc) “. Never has not one plan. I NEVER comment or give input. She did ask once - how to start a job search. Seemed appreciative of my suggestions. I never followed up and also told her point blank I wasn’t going to give input on starting an exercise routine since it’s so individual. So I stay in my lane and silent and simply and blandly acknowledge her plan. And make no comments about my way of doing things lest it imply judgment. And. Really annoying all the talk and none of the walk.