Open Club  ·  60 members

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

My son uses "essentially". At least he uses it in the proper context. But he sure does use it a lot.

I caught myself using "so, here's the thing..." a lot when I was in a supervisory role at my previous job. It was usually in the context of describing why one of the managers was getting on my nerves lol.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, Wiseman2 said:

The  news about some covid strain in the UK and everything shutting down.🤔

Just when there's a light at the end of the tunnel, some more bad news comes along.😕

It’s absolute pish Wiseman everyone who’s had the 10th or 20th whatever vaccine keeps getting as sick and anyone who hasn’t honestly, I resign, it’s complete madness! 

Let’s get on with life! C’mon!!! 

• Like 2

On 12/21/2020 at 5:14 PM, LaHermes said:

That's life Wisey. The strain you mention does not make people more ill, but is more contagious. Yes, restrictions are being put in place, in particular as regards travel by sea and air. "Everything" isn't shutting down. lol

The light is still there at the end of the tunnel.  Everyone will eventually be vaccinated (or should be), and in countries with large populations that will take time. 

Better times ahead!

Not vaccinated! Don’t need the flu vaccine either! I am 31 and perfectly healthy! Definitely did not need it as they tried to push it whilst I was pregnant, no research at all, not FDA approved, and they say you can’t even sniff olbas oil whist pregnant yet they will happily run to inject rounds of vaccines whilst I was?! 

Already had Covid and my anti-body levels are still higher a year down the line than any vaccine can provide!

Best thing you can do is let fit, normal people all get it, get over it, and then the virus will weaken and eventually become like the common cold. They shut down the world economy for a slightly worse version of the flu, and this is coming from myself who’s own Grandmother died of the virus last year and I absolutely adored her but, she was triple vaccinated, masked up all the time, but she was 94! When you get to that age a bad cold can be your calling card. I couldn’t even see her to say goodbye because of the rules and regulations imposed in the UK that most people with common sense simply do not agree with! 

When the Bubonic Plague hit Europe and killed off a third of the population they still kept the economy going! Did they fall to pieces?! Even whilst the bodies were literally piling up outside people’s doors. They still went to work! 

My Grandma always said too me, Lo, I can stay in it doesn’t matter to me, live your life.

The people who know the most about this virus are not scared, including our own Prime Minister, who held wine and cheese parties (probably with hookers) on the back of giving the most solemn and sacrificial speeches threatening and guilt tripping us to stay in our homes, don’t even get some fresh air(!) don’t see your own family! Reminiscent of Britain during War Time blitz. Basically, demanding a sacrifice of all your liberties eluded to living a western, free, libertarian life and then off he goes… him and Whitty! The so called expert!

Honestly, don’t waste another seconds sleep over this. I know so many medical consultants who are ripping their not much left hair out over this whilst being threatened with getting the axe should they speak out. Ladies and gentlemen!!! 

x

Edited by mylolita
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, boltnrun said:

I saw someone on another board wrote they thought a pair of pants was "chique". It took me a beat to realize she meant "chic". Also "queue" and "cue". Or "loose" vs. "lose". And on and on.

Some people say "oh, who cares???!!" I do lol. English major here :p

Don’t read anything I write Bolt I am AWASH with errors! 😂😂😂 Flagrant flurry of errors left right and to the centre to jar your senses! LOL!

I apologise in advance! 

Lo x

On 9/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, LaHermes said:

DAlesboy. It's all too easy to accelerate in those 30 mph zones. Friend of my cousin's (lady in her sixties) got done for pushing 60 kmh in a 30 kmh built-up area. Four penalty points! Ouch.

I was recently in court due to speeding LaHermes! I don’t agree with the law but I guess I gotta roll with it! Narrowly missed a driving license ban, but my husband wasn’t so lucky - ban for 6 months and both received fines. 

Need to take up sky diving instead. How does everyone get by without now and then adrenaline kicks?! 🥲

And how annoying is it when someone gets all “typed up” on their ranty high horse and decides to bomb a thread with loads of their own posts one after the other just rambling on like a bag lady?!

Anyone?! 

🙃🙃🙃

x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, mylolita said:

Oh and if it wasn’t clear what annoys me it’s… COVID HYSTERIA! 🤓

Thank you for the floor 😂

Good morning, good afternoon and goodnight !

x

I adore you, Lo, but I gotta say, I felt the same way until I had some of the people I love die from Covid and others fight for their life for months.

It's not all hysteria, unfortunately. There are people dying and have died.

It's not scary from far away when it's someone else's Mom, Dad, brother, Aunt, uncle, husband, wife, child, etc.

But it is damn scary when it's one of your loved ones and they can't breathe and you don't know if they will survive, or not.

Even worse, burying them and saying goodbye while people around you is saying Covid's not that bad.

It really depends on perspective and how deeply it's affected you with loss of loves ones or not.

Ventilators are no joke, and are terrifying close up with someone you don't want to lose, are attached to it.

Edited by SherrySher

4 hours ago, SherrySher said:

I adore you, Lo, but I gotta say, I felt the same way until I had some of the people I love die from Covid and others fight for their life for months.

It's not all hysteria, unfortunately. There are people dying and have died.

It's not scary from far away when it's someone else's Mom, Dad, brother, Aunt, uncle, husband, wife, child, etc.

But it is damn scary when it's one of your loved ones and they can't breathe and you don't know if they will survive, or not.

Even worse, burying them and saying goodbye while people around you is saying Covid's not that bad.

It really depends on perspective and how deeply it's affected you with loss of loves ones or not.

Ventilators are no joke, and are terrifying close up with someone you don't want to lose, are attached to it.

Evening Sherry!

Thank you Sherry! I like you too! Lately, I have been coming to the conclusion that people like me then get to know me then,  y’know, like turns to hate. I am starting to think I might not be that sweet or nice or caring of a person. I don’t know. All I am guessing is, you will be a much more rounded, kind, understanding and stable person than me and there’s the guilt off me for such lovely words but I don’t deserve em’ Sherry! Honestly. But onwards ay 😉 Just serving you the disclaimer I feel is needed!

Firstly, please believe me when I say, I mean no disrespect to any loss, my own Grandma, who was the only family member I ever felt close too, died in January from covid - she was nearly 95.

95, this is the thing. Regular flu, common cold - getting any of that could have signalled her end, she was very old. In my eyes, she was hospitalised and died of the flu. She had been filled vaccinated, wore a mask, she did everything she was supposed too. Stayed indoors, isolated, everything. Life is to be lived. We live and breathe and we come into contact with different bacteria and virus. Coronavirus’s are nothing new - SARS and MERS being the last ones.

I know some medical consultants who now come to me when we discuss this saying the ventilators are the worst treatment and a lot of patients are getting bacterial infections that finish them off from even lack of cleaning of a ventilator. It is an extreme last resort form of treatment which often doesn’t work pre or post covid. They tell me if you get COVID do everything you can to stay off a ventilator! They are discovering some of the previous therapeutics which were once mocked actually bring real and shocking results in the name of recovery!

I am kind of obsessed by this virus, right or wrong, and through my husbands work we happen to know many professionals in medicine, some surgeons and someone who wrote a famous research paper and won awards to do with their research (childhood cancers), who simply don’t agree that it is deadly to the extent the media portray. I feel strongly, hopefully without sounding disrespectful, that people have been misguided and scaremonger’d into false information. 

I only know my Grandma (as deeply sad her death was too me) but who was, very elderly! For a pandemic of proclaimed such proportions, I know no others who have died, and don’t even know any friends of friends, who have died because of covid. Maybe I am lucky, but if you check the total number of deaths in the uk for each year 2021, 2020 and then against previous years statistics it adds up because there is hardly an increase! The numbers are very similar with hardly any change! 

I am not diminishing anyones sorrow over a loss - the flu, respiratory viruses - all terrible, especially to the very elderly, but! I just strong believe we cannot put everyone’s lives and countries on hold for something that has such a terribly low mortality rate, in reality. In my opinion! 

I am trying to say here that I think there is nothing for the average aged, averaged health and average weight person to worry about, and statistically absolutely nothing for children to be concerned about, and scientifically no reason to be wearing a mask. But I can get myself very passionately worked up about all this and my husband, who feels the same, even turns to me and tells me I need to let it go, so I have said my piece and have been authentic and open in my thought here - to agree or disagree I am sure most people would say I am keeper to an unpopular opinion here!

I only wore a mask twice throughout the whole pandemic and have just considered myself one of those people who have refused as much as possible to go along with the “madness” or what the government tell you. But I have always been one to bend and break the rules so is it any surprise? I don’t know! I am not being a contrarian, I just never believed in it. My bs detector went into overdrive. Maybe I’m wrong? This is just what I have come to think after my own research and talking to the consultants we know. One actually lost his job by refusing to wear a mask and also refusing the vaccine, even though he sent them a weekly anti-body report and count which showed through getting the virus and recovering naturally, he actually had a higher immunity and longer lasting than his vaccinated colleagues but they didn’t want to know or hear anything about it.

This western reaction to a virus with such low fatality kind of leaves me spookily distressed at the thought of, something coming along with real punch… like, 30% mortality, or higher, and mostly affecting babies and children and perfectly healthy young adults. The world lost its head here over 99.8% recovery rate or more so I get to thinking we might as well realise everyone is very easily shook and wait for a rampage like never before if something really bad did come about. I don’t know. The UK alone has blown all it’s resources on trying to shut down its economy and ruin people’s businesses and stop people working. We were already in massive debt, we have no money left to throw at anything seriously scary and deadly that might come our way.

I was very disappointed in my little Great Britain. Stiff upper lip and our dry sense of humour seemed to leave us and we went to pieces. I was so disappointed. We built military hospitals that were never used because there just weren’t the patient numbers they expected and with great cost and embarrassment they were dismantled and it was kept hush. I remember whilst everyone was under house arrest (can’t believe I would type that seriously and factually in 2022 free society) I would take pointless drives along roads with no cars and out of sheer curiosity, as everyone was sat at home being told hospitals were overran like resident evil zombie worlds end style, I drive past our local one and there were 3 cars in a vast city grade car park. No sign of life, nothing. A tumble weed could’ve just blown on by. My rusty cogs started a’turnin!

I mean no disrespect, if you have lost someone. I am not being cold hearted as I am so recently in the same boat. 

I just think - question everything, and do your own research and definitely look for yourself. Don’t take my word or the governments word or a doctors word alone. Independent thought. You might not always be right, but as long as you questioned what you were told, there is nothing but an honest will to get to the bottom of things that can come from that simple mind set.

Sherry, I really like you too! I don’t want to offend! But I would be lying to myself to say I was one of those “good citizens” who put my mask on, got the vaccines, stayed at home and agreed with it all! And my little pounding libertarian rebellious heart does flutter when I hear anything along the lines of… everyone should do this or that, especially regarding something medical, like a vaccine, or covering half your face.

My children have never seen myself or my husband in a mask and they always ask me “Mammy why are those people covering their faces?” I have kept life as normal for them as I could. We carried on regardless in our family unit bubble.

I love to hate this topic because it has drove such a wedge between family and friends. If it wasn’t vote remain or leave regarding the European Union or are you liberal or conservative this dividing point seems to be the straw that broke the back for the last remainder of my “sort of” friendships! 

I had people tell me I was selfish for having a baby during the “pandemic”. I felt like saying, you are selfish for asking the whole world to stop because you might get the flu! Loggerheads, is an understatement! 

Anyway, if everyone was dropping like flies, they should have thanked me for re-populating! You’re welcome! 🤣💅

Sorry, tasteless joke 🥴 but it is gonna be my kids and their grandkids who pay in tax for this worldwide panic stand still! 

I have this mini theory that isn’t totally c hink proof but, I think most people who were for the full economic shut down, stay inside for a year thing, were either retired already so it made no difference financially to them, had a job that wasn’t going to be affected (government job, worked in a hospital, teacher, etc) or could very easily work from home without much financial disruption. Okay there are exceptions to the rule, but I sometimes wonder if these people would’ve been so eager if they lived paycheck to paycheck and couldn’t afford to go home, watch tv and wait it out? If they would have lost their jobs and homes, would they have been so for it? It is easy to go along with something that causes limited sacrifice to yourself financially and personally, and that is also upheld to be the morally higher opinion, or, the “right” opinion to hold. It is easy to go with popular opinion, much harder to find yourself sitting on the other bench.

Rambling Sherry. Basically, I want as little interference in my life and the life of my children and my medical decisions from politicians and the state! 

Ever seen the movie Waking Life?

This was always my favourite part of the transcript and describes better than I ever could how I feel, what I believe in, where I stand politically even. Anyway, peace and out Sherry! What a ramble! I will shut up now! 

Lo x

Waking Life 

(Guy with a bullhorn is driving through the city streets yelling - Libertarian talk show host Alex Jones)

“You can't fight city hall, death and taxes. Don't talk about politics or religion. This is all the equivalent of enemy propaganda rolling across the picket line. "Lay down, G.I. Lay down, G.I." We saw it all through the 20th Century. And now in the 21st Century, it's time to stand up and realize that we should not allow ourselves to be crammed into this rat maze. We should not submit to dehumanization. I don't know about you, but I'm concerned with what's happening in this world. I'm concerned with the structure. I'm concerned with the systems of control, those that control my life and those that seek to control it even more! I want freedom! That's what I want! And that's what you should want!

It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose and show them the greed, the hatred, the envy, and yes, the insecurities, because that is the central mode of control - make us feel pathetic, small, so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty, our destiny.

We have got to realize that we're being conditioned on a mass scale. Start challenging this corporate slave state! The 21st Century is going to be a new century, not the century of slavery, not the century of lies and issues of no significance and classism and statism and all the rest of the modes of control! It's going to be the age of humankind standing up for something pure and something right!

What a bunch of garbage - liberal Democrat, conservative Republican. It's all there to control you. Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control! The C.E.O. job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it! Do you got me?

Resistance is not futile. We're gonna win this thing. Humankind is too good! We're not a bunch of underachievers! We're gonna stand up and we're gonna be human beings! We're gonna get fired up about the real things, the things that matter: creativity , and the dynamic human spirit that refuses to submit! Well that's it! That's all I got to say! It's in your court.”

Edited by mylolita
  • Thanks 1

Losses in my life or those close to me that I knew:

My cousin, he had diabetes but not bad enough that it was affecting his life seriously. Age 55

My friends brother, no prior health conditions, age 35

Another one of my friends brother, no prior health conditions, also in his 50's

My friends father, no prior health conditions, age 68

My friends sister, no prior health conditions, age 43

And finally, our long time friend who lost their son, he had no prior health conditions. He was a strong advocate for no vaccines, no masks, no restrictions. Age 23.

We had a good friend of ours fight for her life all last Christmas. It went on for 2 months, she barely survived.

Covid is real.

These aren't elderly people and they aren't people who were sick prior or had health conditions.

These are everyday people who were quickly taken down by this virus.

Someone's mother, sister, daughter, son, father, brother, friend.

Not one of them had any idea that contracting this virus was going to end in their death.

Lots of people don't believe it's that bad.

And if you've not seen or heard many that were fighting for their life or passed from Covid, then you may not see it as big of a threat, and I get that.

But it still doesn't change the fact that in some people's lives and communities, Covid has bee brutal.

It really is a game of chance and no one knows for sure what virus you may get or how bad it may, nor may not get.

I used to be you, in the way that I wasn't sure if Covid was even a "thing". I didn't know of anyone that contracted it, or get seriously sick, so I questioned it, wondered if it was all fake or overblown.

Then Covid started hitting hard in the lives of people I actually knew, and it kept hitting hard where someone lost a family member and someone else and so on where I was shocked and scared.

I couldn't understand why the alarm bells weren't going off worse than they already were, but then I realized that Covid doesn't always hit hard in one area for enough people to see how destructive and dangerous it really can be, so not everyone takes it seriously.

But I can assure you that if you had person after person contract it and another funeral was being arranged, it would change your perspective.

I'm not upset, or annoyed at anything you wrote, Lo...I promise.

You're writing from your own experiences with Covid and it's not been the same as mine.

I can understand that.

I just wanted to give my side of things, more so than anything. 

That's all. 

Slow walkers in front of me when I'm on my after work walk! I'm moving fast! Trying to get that heart rate up.

Also those who are staring at their phones. Twice this afternoon someone almost walked head on into me because they were staring at their phones. Look where you're going, people!

I saw someone tumble head first down a flight of stairs at my former workplace because, you guessed it, she was staring at her phone. Another employee walked right into a moving car, again they were enthralled with their phone.

It's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SherrySher said:

Losses in my life or those close to me that I knew:

My cousin, he had diabetes but not bad enough that it was affecting his life seriously. Age 55

My friends brother, no prior health conditions, age 35

Another one of my friends brother, no prior health conditions, also in his 50's

My friends father, no prior health conditions, age 68

My friends sister, no prior health conditions, age 43

And finally, our long time friend who lost their son, he had no prior health conditions. He was a strong advocate for no vaccines, no masks, no restrictions. Age 23.

We had a good friend of ours fight for her life all last Christmas. It went on for 2 months, she barely survived.

Covid is real.

These aren't elderly people and they aren't people who were sick prior or had health conditions.

These are everyday people who were quickly taken down by this virus.

Someone's mother, sister, daughter, son, father, brother, friend.

Not one of them had any idea that contracting this virus was going to end in their death.

Lots of people don't believe it's that bad.

And if you've not seen or heard many that were fighting for their life or passed from Covid, then you may not see it as big of a threat, and I get that.

But it still doesn't change the fact that in some people's lives and communities, Covid has bee brutal.

It really is a game of chance and no one knows for sure what virus you may get or how bad it may, nor may not get.

I used to be you, in the way that I wasn't sure if Covid was even a "thing". I didn't know of anyone that contracted it, or get seriously sick, so I questioned it, wondered if it was all fake or overblown.

Then Covid started hitting hard in the lives of people I actually knew, and it kept hitting hard where someone lost a family member and someone else and so on where I was shocked and scared.

I couldn't understand why the alarm bells weren't going off worse than they already were, but then I realized that Covid doesn't always hit hard in one area for enough people to see how destructive and dangerous it really can be, so not everyone takes it seriously.

But I can assure you that if you had person after person contract it and another funeral was being arranged, it would change your perspective.

I'm not upset, or annoyed at anything you wrote, Lo...I promise.

You're writing from your own experiences with Covid and it's not been the same as mine.

I can understand that.

I just wanted to give my side of things, more so than anything. 

That's all. 

Also, I meant.."no one knows for sure what strain you might get"...not virus.

Typo.

Lets not pollute this thread with political rants, ok?

Threads on Religion and Politics that are posted simply for purposes of debate, proselytizing or similar purposes will not be permitted on this forum. Posts about these issues when they affect relationships will still be allowed but they must be relevant and not simply posted for argument or debate

The fact they cancelled all my husband’s cancer tests for people for more COVID backlog. I am telling you if anything happens to this man I am going to go bat shyte Rambo on somebody and I’m not joking. I will not lose another family member because of this crap. 

11 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

The fact they cancelled all my husband’s cancer tests for people for more COVID backlog. I am telling you if anything happens to this man I am going to go bat shyte Rambo on somebody and I’m not joking. I will not lose another family member because of this crap. 

My doctor has been screaming for me to get a mammogram. It's just a routine test so not on the same level as your husband at all. But I haven't been able to get an appointment at the hospital to get it done. They told me I can just show up and sit in the waiting room and hope they can get me in. But no way am I going near a hospital full of Covid patients. 

If last year is any indication, things should settle down in a few weeks. Everyone who just HAD to travel during the holidays will be done with their Covid infections and should be done spreading it around by then.

Hoping your hubby gets in soon.

19 hours ago, boltnrun said:

My doctor has been screaming for me to get a mammogram. It's just a routine test so not on the same level as your husband at all. But I haven't been able to get an appointment at the hospital to get it done. They told me I can just show up and sit in the waiting room and hope they can get me in. But no way am I going near a hospital full of Covid patients. 

If last year is any indication, things should settle down in a few weeks. Everyone who just HAD to travel during the holidays will be done with their Covid infections and should be done spreading it around by then.

Hoping your hubby gets in soon.

I hope so. 

5 hours ago, Betterwithout said:

tailgaters!   I can't stand people who tail gate while driving.  I am driving as fast as the guy in front, it's all I can do.  Get off my a$$!

don't get me wrong...I drive over the speed limit like everyone else, and I am not the idiot doing the exact speed limit or lower in the fast lane.  In fact the only rules of the road I break are speed limits (like most people)  but I will not run red lights and will not tailgate.  The number one accident in a car is rear ender fender benders and I really don't want you hitting my bumper if we all have to stop suddenly.  Leave a second following distance, and we'll all be good!

image.png