Met someone recently........wow!!

JA0371

It sounds like you are enjoying the journey JA and that is so important.

Do you feel like because you see each other sporadically and talk/text/ftime more that you have a different kind of connection then you have in the past? I've been on 2 dates now with a guy I met at a meet-up. After our first date he had several weekend trips and his work schedule makes it difficult for us to get together during the week. So we had one date and then I didn't see him for 3 weeks. It feels different to me, like we've built a different kind of connection over the last couple weeks...but in a good way.

I also agree that it's hard to find the right time to bring sex into things....don't want to get over attached before. However, for me I get even more attached after it happens then if things don't work out it's that much harder. I think you can get a sense of how good it will be in a few good make-out sessions...and I think that's part of the fun of a new relationship that exploration period...I think it's also important to see how they react when you draw a line.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Date #5

I opted for an 'activity' date. Which happened to be by the water.

K met me by the water today and we ended up walking round trip about six miles. The entire time we held hands and talked. Various times, we stopped, and just embraced. No kissing. A few times we got some honks by passerbys, which we just laughed at.

At the end, we embraced, kissed and said goodbye. Later...via text, he told me he truly cares about me..and can see himself falling 'In love' with me'. And said he misses me already. I responded in kind. And said thank you for coming to see me.

Im very happy...l

Date #5

I opted for an 'activity' date. Which happened to be by the water.

K met me by the water today and we ended up walking round trip about six miles. The entire time we held hands and talked. Various times, we stopped, and just embraced. No kissing. A few times we got some honks by passerbys, which we just laughed at.

At the end, we embraced, kissed and said goodbye. Later...via text, he told me he truly cares about me..and can see himself falling 'In love' with me'. And said he misses me already. I responded in kind. And said thank you for coming to see me.

Im very happy...l

This sounds great! I think taking it slow is working for you. I hope it will work similarly for me. Keep it up!

Thank you lady!! Same to you!! Pleeeease keep me posted!

Will do! It's going great so far...we spent 12 hours together on Saturday, believe it or not, just talking and going places -- to a museum, to a late lunch/early dinner, and then to dessert, where we ate huge slabs of cake and talked for hours. Lots of fun. We had our first kiss the other night, too -- it was a little awkward because we were both pretty nervous and he had been planning to kiss me (he told a mutual friend of ours) but was scared to do it. I sensed this and just planted one on him -- not a big make-out kiss or anything, but...he got the picture.... We have date 4 (5 if you count our first coffee meet-up) planned this week.

I am a big believer in slow-moving. I have no plans to become physically intimate anytime soon, and when it comes up, I'll see where he stands on the issue. Something tells me he will be OK with waiting awhile. I just have a feeling.

Anyway....keep us posted!! Sounds like things are going well!

I am loving reading all this ja, bluey and browneyes ..its fab fab fab

Well I don't have much to tell. I can only hope that things go as well as they are for JA and browneyedgirl but it's very early days in the "real" sense. Plus I've been single for 2 years now and I feel very apprehensive about giving that up. I don't know whether that's normal or not. Still, I couldn't help but feel a little tingle when he said he couldn't wait to see me again.

Hi guys!

So things are going good. K and I are talking every day. Various times usually. He always texts me in the morning, then we almost always talk early afternoon on the phone, or Ftime...he gets up super early for work, so he usually has to be in bed really early, but we always try to talk before he goes To bed too.

We have a date planned for this Sunday...we're going to a local festival. We have been talking a lot about how things are progressing and we are both excited. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I am on exactly the same page emotionally with someone, which in my opinion, almost never happens. We truly just like being together ...and it really doesn't matter what we're doing.

I'll update you after date 6

I'm on date 6, too -- or will be, when we go out again.

So far, so good. Went out with my guy last night and had a great time once again. He had me meet him at his office so he could show me what he does. He told me no one but clients ever comes into his office, so that made me feel good.

I really enjoy the feeling of, "this is going really well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!" I haven't felt that way in a very, very long time.

JA, it sounds like things are going much the same for you -- yay!

Thank you guys for following this thread...

@Browneyed: I'm pulling for you lady! Sometimes things just happen at the right time. In our cases it just seems like we aren't having to game play, or be anything but who we are, which is amazing.lol. Pretty sure most of it is timing and meeting men...(not boys) who know who they are, and what they want.

@Blue: best of luck to you!! Keep us posted!

Thank you guys for following this thread...

@Browneyed: I'm pulling for you lady! Sometimes things just happen at the right time. In our cases it just seems like we aren't having to game play, or be anything but who we are, which is amazing.lol. Pretty sure most of it is timing and meeting men...(not boys) who know who they are, and what they want.

@Blue: best of luck to you!! Keep us posted!

I think timing and luck are part of it. I think a lot of it is being the right person to find the right person. I don't think it's gender-based in the least -I don't buy into that whole stereotype that women are into commitment and men have to be dragged to the altar. And I think it takes significant in person time to find out if the person you are with "knows who they are and what they want" and to know whether who they are and what they want is compatible with who you are and what you want.

I think timing and luck are part of it. I think a lot of it is being the right person to find the right person. I don't think it's gender-based in the least -I don't buy into that whole stereotype that women are into commitment and men have to be dragged to the altar. And I think it takes significant in person time to find out if the person you are with "knows who they are and what they want" and to know whether who they are and what they want is compatible with who you are and what you want.

I agree that you have to be the right person to find the right person. I haven't been involved with anyone since mid-2011; I've been on a handful of dates/first meets since then, but none of them went anywhere, which was fine with me. I have spent all this time just enjoying my life -- buying a house, working, pursuing interests, exercising, making new friends and nurturing existing friendships, traveling -- and I have just been feeling like, "Yep, NOW is the time. I feel ready to meet someone really good." So far, it seems I have. Of course, it's too early to tell, so I'm just taking it one date at a time, and enjoying it, actively reminding myself NOT to dump a whole bunch of expectations onto all of this. I'm receptive and open, but I'm also not desperate, so no instant attachment or impulsive decision-making for me. So far, so good. It all remains to be seen.

I admit, at my age (44!) I wondered if it was possible to meet someone solid, good, healthy, compatible that I was also attracted to. Though my current date has children and is divorced (while I have no children and have never been married), he has commented that we are in similar phases of our lives, and that he appreciates that. He is actually a bit younger than I (37/almost 38) which gave me pause for about half a second, but...there is no difference in maturity level, level-headedness, etc. He's definitely on par with me, maturity-wise, responsibility-wise, etc.

Anyway...I don't want to hijack JA's thread -- I should start my own, but the idea of doing so makes me nervous, like I'm going to jinx something. So weird -- I'm not superstitious at all, but I am a bit overly cautious, I think.

Hope all goes well for ALL of us. Blue, keep us posted, too!

Browneyed -I love your story and am so happy that you met someone you are clicking with so far especially since you've waited so long and have taken such good care of yourself in the meanwhile! Great attitude and I look forward to hearing more.

Browneyed -I love your story and am so happy that you met someone you are clicking with so far especially since you've waited so long and have taken such good care of yourself in the meanwhile! Great attitude and I look forward to hearing more.

Thanks, Batya! It took me a long time to get here. Longer than I would have liked, but...I finally feel ready. If this one is the right one, great, but if he is not, I know I'll be OK. He seems at this point to be a really good, quality person, someone I probably couldn't have been with a few years ago because I wasn't it the right frame of mind for it. How things change!

I'm receptive and open, but I'm also not desperate, so no instant attachment or impulsive decision-making for me.

I admit, at my age (44!) I wondered if it was possible to meet someone solid, good, healthy, compatible that I was also attracted to.

My thoughts and fears exactly.

Weeelllll, the date came a day earlier than expected. It's 2am here and he left a few moments ago after dropping me off home. I think I rambled on far too much tonight. I think I was only quiet when he kissed me!! Urgh, why do I do that? I guess the fact that he kissed me is a good sign though … unless he was just desperate to shut me up!

My thoughts and fears exactly.

Weeelllll, the date came a day earlier than expected. It's 2am here and he left a few moments ago after dropping me off home. I think I rambled on far too much tonight. I think I was only quiet when he kissed me!! Urgh, why do I do that? I guess the fact that he kissed me is a good sign though … unless he was just desperate to shut me up!

LOL, you must of been nervous. Sorry but that made me laugh. The thing I do that I hate is talk about nothing and wonder where I was going with it to begin with. How many dates have you had so far? Any talk about the next date tonight?

Archived