Met someone recently........wow!!

JA0371

In my humble opinion there is no way facetime can ever replace in person time for someone you just started dating, especially. It perpetuates the idealization and fantasy aspects of interacting online even if you talk about meaningful stuff. Much safer/less vulnerable to not be in person for one thing. I don't think going slowly has to mean not seeing each other in person regularly (once a week or so in the beginning). Totally understand about your schedules, completely disagree about your view of face time as a substitute for dating someone and getting to know the person through dating the person.

Have fun on your dates! I am happy for you too that you two are having so much fun flirting/bantering/all the sweet romantic talk!

Thanks lady....I always appreciate your input and sound advice

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone approaches relationships differently. I had my personal ideas of risks v. benefits given my personal goal -marriage and family. My husband and I were long distance for 2-3 years the second time around that we dated. I also had several serious long term relationships that were not long distance. Sometimes the risks I took did not pan out. We all come to it from different perspectives. Sounds like you're having a blast so far and that you're excited about this guy. Have fun!

Awwwww thank you so much guys!!!!!

Ok so here's how it went: we were supposed to go to the fair after he got off work, but it was raining like crazy, so we made alternate plans. We met at ...of all places...IKEA...lol!! For those that don't know what that is...it's a huge furniture store in the US. But it was kinda fun. We walked around kinda killing time, holding hands and trying to figure out what to do with the rain. So we decided to go see a movie, then dinner. We chose American Sniper. Beforehand though we got in his SUV and left my car there. Before we left, we literally made out for a good two hours in the parking lot. We just couldn't stop. No sex of course.

We did end up seeing the movie, which was awesome by the way. In the theatre, we kept kissing and holding hands. Lol.

Then by the end I was starving! So we went to a Greek restaurant a few blocks away...we walked...and just truly enjoyed ourselves. He told me a little more about his family and his friends. Who his best friends are..etc. Then we walked back to his car and he drive me to mine. Of course, more making out ensued....lol. Dd I mention he is an awesome kisser??! Omg!! That's where it ended. It was a 7 hour date..and it was amazing, despite the change in plans...BUT he wants to try taking me next Monday, if weather is permitting. We agreed waiting two whole weeks is just too long! After we parted, he called to make sure I was ok, and to say goodnight.

So....date #2 was a success!!! and no sex involved ! (Wow, who knew??)

Hi everyone!!

Haven't posted recently but things seem to be going well. We are still getting used to a routine. He has his kids this weekend and it's just always a little harder to talk as much but we are making the effort. He had to host an event this morning for his station, so he sent me pics while I was at work. Then we Ftimed tonight. He had a headache so I could tell he was a little off so I felt kinda bad but he was sweet. He said he wanted to come see me this coming Saturday after I get off work and take me to dinner. So Im excited. It's a good hour drive for him, so that means a lot to me.

Not sure where this journey is taking us...but for now Im just enjoying the ride

Very good. Glad to see that you are just seeing where it goes!

Yes. We are happy so far. It's sooo weird, but I looked back to see when exactly this all started. He messaged me for the first time on 12/09. My birthday is 02/09.. And his bday is 06/09. Kinda crazy. I told him somehow the number 9 is significant to us

Im definetely starting to feel like I'm falling for K. ..and I'm fairly sure he feels the same way. It's not just in his words,its in his actions and his eyes. We have a date lined up on Sunday ...and I can't wait. We will probably go shopping and to lunch, but regardless Im ok with whatever we do. I just simply like I being with him, which is a pretty clear indicator of how I feel.

Im being smart though. I realize it's still early days.

K is working a crazy schedule. Getting up at 3:30 am, and doing a morning show till 11:30. Right now he's co hosting and he does news. He also has his kids every other weekend, so he's trying to balance all that, and me. Lol...I try not to be too demanding, but truthfully he still manages to make me feel special .

I'll update more after our date

Nice and slow girl. Good for you!

Haha!!! Actually....It's K who is slowing the pace more than me. Thank goodness! Still no sex.. He is trying to be a good example for his kids.. 13and 9. I totally respect. That and am blown away! This is definetely different and new for me!! I think it's worth it. God help me!!

Haha!!! Actually....It's K who is slowing the pace more than me. Thank goodness! Still no sex.. He is trying to be a good example for his kids.. 13and 9. I totally respect. That and am blown away! This is definetely different and new for me!! I think it's worth it. God help me!!

Oh golly, I have never hosted a sleepover with kids home, no way.

Having time between dates helps to slow it down in a nice way. When kids are away.... what then?

If you think about it though this will only be your third date, right? I know you two talk regularly but it's not slow to wait more than 3 dates, is it? Good for you that you're also considering the kids.

If you think about it though this will only be your third date, right? I know you two talk regularly but it's not slow to wait more than 3 dates, is it? Good for you that you're also considering the kids.

Yes! Great point!! Im super happy with him. He's coming to see me Sunday, and Im going to cut his hair..lol. He has a beard ( first guy Ive ever dated with a beard) and his hair is getting out of control, so after that Im going to take him on a quick tour of my area. It's funny because we both say we really don't care what we do as long as we are together, and it really is true! He has also said he definetely wants me to meet his friends. That's a good sign right? Speaking of which, a couple weeks ago, I sent him a pic of me with my puppy. I was wearing a sundress in the pic. He later told me his buddy happened to see the pic and made a comment to him ' good job man'..lol. Anyway, it was kinda flattering and embarrassing, but sweet.

I'm glad you guys are having fun! That's nice that he wants you to meet his friends. I would take it one date at a time for now even though the talking makes it seem as if you know him longer/better. That's nice that his friend thought you were pretty and that he told you that.

Archived