Met someone recently........wow!!

JA0371

WOW Elephant shoes! Thats so cool! I bet you were over the moon to hear that. I am really happy for you. We will be on date 8 tonight- cooking dinner for him at my house and I'm soooo nervous! Not sure why. But maybe because we will be alone and not in public. HA HA. Even though he did come over on Wednesday and help me set up my new mattress and headboard. So cool that he offered to do that for me. We were alone but laughing and having fun with all the set up and all.

No sex yet here either, just nice kissing and hugs. So wow, just so much fun to be at this stage isn't it? He also texts me everyday so far. I'm always so happy to hear from him. Im so happy in general these days. And to think almost a year ago I was going through a break up after a 19 month relationship. Time does heal doesn't it?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great news, JA!

I am going for date #8 tomorrow -- a day trip to a nearby city for some museums and other stuff, and we already have date #9 planned for next week (a mini celebration because a HUGE project I have been working on for work is going to finally be finished).

The friend who introduced us told me that she "knows" something that's going to happen tomorrow that she can't tell me about, but that it's good, and I'll know tomorrow. I'm a little nervous trying to figure out what it might be! It's not the "I love you" conversation -- we're not there yet, though we like each other a lot -- so....I'm wondering what it is! My friend said, "It's really good. You'll be happy." So....I'm in suspense!

Glad things are going well for everyone!

Oh myyyy!!!! Sounds juicy!!! Lol

Please update us!!! And have an amazzzzzzing date!!! Yayyy!!!!

Sooooooooooooo..............it finally happened!!!!

Without TMI...we finally slept together. Well, sleep never actually occurred..lol but yes it happened, and yes it was emotional, and awesome. I definetely wasn't expecting it to happen but am so happy it did, and so happy we waited. It was worth it.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Without TMI...we finally slept together. Well, sleep never actually occurred..lol but yes it happened, and yes it was emotional, and awesome. I definetely wasn't expecting it to happen but am so happy it did, and so happy we waited. It was worth it.

Wow wow wow! Glad to hear it was awesome - no sleep is always a good sign too and Im glad it was worth the wait.

How do you feel now? I always feel a bit different after only because I wonder whats next.

That is awesome!!!! Glad to hear everything is going great!!!

Haha...thanks guys. Today we talked and everything is completely normal. I think had we done it sooner it may have been a concern, but we've already said the L word, so I felt pretty confident that it would be good. I know what you're saying though....sex sometimes changes things.

Haha...thanks guys. Today we talked and everything is completely normal. I think had we done it sooner it may have been a concern, but we've already said the L word, so I felt pretty confident that it would be good. I know what you're saying though....sex sometimes changes things.

Yes it does. The guy i recently met. We did it so early. But it does get you confuse on what he is really after? Is it me or my body? But so far his action shows he is more with me than my body....But who knows haha.

Good for you JA. Glad to hear that things are developing nicely ;-)

So I finally told my guy about the holiday. His face went through it's own journey of emotions before finally setting on a "I think I'm alright with that" expression. We talked about it and it seems he understands and accepts the situation. Still, I guess it is going to be a cause of some concern. What concerns me more is that he has a business trip almost immediately after I am back and seeing as both our journeys (to and from) eat into the weekends it's going to be at least 5 weeks before we can see each other again.

As much as I like him, I'm beginning to wonder whether I can deal with all the obstacles that we have in our way .... work, (I work most Saturdays), child care (he has full custody of his children) and distance. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait 5 weeks and see what happens then!

Good for you! I am going for date #9 (tomorrow night) after a GREAT date #8 this past weekend -- probably the best date I've ever been on in my life. Still no sex for me, and it still may be awhile, but for me it's really a process that takes some time, and that seems to be the case for him, too. We want to take time to get to know each other a bit more, and we need to talk more about some serious stuff before all that happens. I predict it'll be soon, though -- "soon" for me being before the end of May -- LOL! I'm kind of a slow mover on these things!

Glad all is going well for you!

K did a promotion at a bar last night...he filled in for someone else. He sent me a video of him doing the 'wobble dance'....lol. It was quite comical actually. Anyone else hear of this dance?? Apparently I am out of the loop..

Well congrats. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself with no regrets.

As a side note, I must be ancient because I didn't realize 2 months is considered "waiting." I am sooooo old fashioned.

K did a promotion at a bar last night...he filled in for someone else. He sent me a video of him doing the 'wobble dance'....lol. It was quite comical actually. Anyone else hear of this dance?? Apparently I am out of the loop..

Hahah! The wobble....yes I love the wobble! A friend of mine taught me the dance about 5 years ago I think. It's basically line dancing but he threw in some fancy turns and now when I do it I can't really do it without the turns. I end up having to teach everyone. Haven't done it for a while though. It's cute that he's sending you video of his dancing.

Good to hear you're still going strong.

Well congrats. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself with no regrets.

As a side note, I must be ancient because I didn't realize 2 months is considered "waiting." I am sooooo old fashioned.

I don't know if I'm old fashioned but I agree that to me 2 months doesn't seem like waiting. OP -I'm glad the first time was so great!

Hi guys!!! Hope everyone is doing great!

Today K drive to see me at work. He brought pizza and salad for lunch! He waited for me in between clients, which we ate and just talked. It was a good hour drive for him...so it was sooo sweet. We are seeing each other again Monday for a beach date.

How is everyone??

Hi again!!

Just a quick update... k came to see me yesterday. He was exhausted after having his kids for the weekend, and I even said it was ok if he wanted to wait till next week, so he could sleep, but he drove an hour to see me. The minute he drove up, he got out of the car and grabbed me...and kissed me. I think his confidence is such a turn on. Plus he's like 6'2 and Im only 5'4, so I love how he grabs me and makes me feel.

We went exploring the area..and found a small beach. It had a little playground, so I led him to the swings...where we both got on and swung,lol. It was so fun!! He just went along with it. Then we drove around and found this campsite ...it was pretty remote so we made out.... he had to be home to get to bed early, so we parted earlier than normal.

It's crazy, because our comfort level is amazing. Yes, we've been dating almost four months, but it feels longer....but in a good way. We both discussed that yesterday and agreed its so nice.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Hi all. I've just returned from my hols. Now it's his turn to go away. It's a long old stint at this early stage so we'll have to see what happens at the end of it!! That being said we've been communicating daily.

I dunno my head is still in conflict as regards a LDR. After my last relationship I would love to have something with less obstacles and more "simpler" .... then again it's taken more than 2 years for me to be interested in anyone else.

Glad to hear things are still going well JA.

Hi Blue!!! Thank you for the update!! it's positive news that you guys are still in constant contact! That is sooo important! Please keep us posted.

I saw K today!! We went to church, then he took me to this cool Thai place. It was good!! I really like trying different foods. Afterward, we went for ice cream before he had to go. It was probably our shortest date, but definetely still amazing.

Missing him already....

Checking in! Sorry it's been so long!

Things are going well for me, too. My guy, we'll call him M, took me for brunch and wine tasting last weekend in a town about an hour from us. It was a beautiful day, and we had a great time! This past week, he came over for dinner at my house and cooked the entire meal himself. It was delicious, and it made me feel very spoiled! LOL. We have had a couple of really good relationship-related discussions over the past couple of weeks, too, including one about the fact that we are not sleeping together yet (we talked about giving it more time, and he actually wants to wait a bit too; we agreed there's no hurry).

So far, so good! Hope it keeps going well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!! Haven't posted much lately...sorry.

Anyway, things are going well. K had his kids pretty much all week, so his life has been a it hectic. Lots of driving kids to activities. His daughter is in competitive gymnastics and apparently really really good!!! His son plays soccer...so he tries to make sure he is at their events. Despite all this craziness, he does make time to call me and text me as much as he can. He called me yesterday,...is son was with him, and I could hear him in the background yelling 'hi J!!!!!!!!' Lol!!! It's funny.

We are seeing each other today....so it will be just awesome to spend a day together.

How is everyone??

Archived