Met someone recently........wow!!

JA0371

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Flyer!! I appreciate the feedback!

And thank you IThink!!

We spent yesterday at the beach. Nothing crazy just relaxing and talking. He has such a crazy schedule that when were together I truly want him to jut be able to relax and breathe..lol. So I usually elect something low key. I know there will be plenty of time to do more exciting stuff. That's my hope. All in all......things are really really good!

• 2 weeks later...
No updates ladies?

For me, everything's been going extremely well. I had a huge event last weekend for my work that was months in the planning, and my guy came to it, and everything went very well. A little background: We've been dating almost exactly three months (in fact, it was three months just a few days ago, as he pointed out to me because he keeps track of these things!) I had mentioned this event to him in passing a few times, and a few weeks ago, he asked me, "Sooooo...am I invited to this event?" I said, "Of course!" but I admitted to some trepidation, not about him, but about ME, because it was something I was really, really stressed out about, and I REALLY wanted it to go well, and if he was there, I wanted it to go even better than well, and I was worried. I told him all of this, and he reassured me that he knew it would be great and that I had nothing to worry about. Then, I asked him, "Soooo....a bunch of my friends will be there. And my boss. And my students. How do you feel about meeting all of them? Are you OK with that?" His response, "Absolutely!" When it got closer to the date of the event, I told him he could show up at my house early and go over with me a few hours before the event OR that he could just show up to the venue around the time the event started. His response, "Of course I'm going to go early and help you set up!"

He showed up early, helped me and my students set up, helped all night long, including with clean-up. He met my students, friends, and co-workers, and he was delightful. Everyone loved him. I heard several times in the subsequent days (including from a notoriously curmudgeonly colleague of mine) how great he was and how good we looked together. It was a sort of litmus test, I think, at least for this phase of our relationship, and he was amazing.

The other night, he took me out to a delicious, VERY nice meal at one of my favorite restaurants to celebrate the success of the event and that it was over (we had a running joke about how my life could start when that event ended), and he commented that night that it was the exact three-month anniversary of our first date. It was a lovely evening. He's a really, really good guy. So far, nothing even remotely red flagg-y. No conflicts, no tension, even though we've had a number of serious talks about important things like past relationships, sex, what we're each looking for in a relationship, his children, etc. We've both been really open and comfortable talking about these things.

I hope this all continues. Not that I expect perfection, or no conflicts, but...I hope if things do arise we can keep up the respect and good open communication we currently have. So far, he's a keeper. He treats me with respect and kindness and -- something I NEVER had with my ex -- reciprocity.

So far, so good!

Hi guys!!! Yes...things are good but K's ex is taking him to court to obtain MoRE time with their kids . It's too much to get into but the gist is that their son is 13, and at that age where he wants to spend more time at his friends. K has very limited visitation as it is and is fighting for more time with them. Been just trying to be supportive...and of course he is somewhat stressed over it. So please send positive vibes

Hi guys!!! Yes...things are good but K's ex is taking him to court to obtain MoRE time with their kids . It's too much to get into but the gist is that their son is 13, and at that age where he wants to spend more time at his friends. K has very limited visitation as it is and is fighting for more time with them. Been just trying to be supportive...and of course he is somewhat stressed over it. So please send positive vibes

Sending positive vibes!

Me too Browneyedgirl -really enjoyed your update!

Thank you! I should probably have my own thread instead of hijacking here...

I am really happy with how things are going. I don't feel any stress or anxiety or anything over this guy. A lot of it has to to with the fact that I have changed so much in the past few years, but a lot of it is that he doesn't give me any REASON to stress or worry. He really is truly normal, nice, grounded, sane and respectful. Plus he's a great cook, a fantastic kisser, and really cute!

*sigh* Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Thank you! I should probably have my own thread instead of hijacking here...

I am really happy with how things are going. I don't feel any stress or anxiety or anything over this guy. A lot of it has to to with the fact that I have changed so much in the past few years, but a lot of it is that he doesn't give me any REASON to stress or worry. He really is truly normal, nice, grounded, sane and respectful. Plus he's a great cook, a fantastic kisser, and really cute!

*sigh* Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Awww..this is the best!!!!

Sorry MC, I plan to ride in on my white horse, defeat the dragon, and then ride of into the sunset with the beautiful maiden clinging to my muscular chest. But your idea is O.K. too.

...ORRRRR, you and I can just kick his ass (if he acts up on JA) together (Canadian and NYC style), and then JA can bring one of her equally hot friends so you and I will be set no matter what 8)

JA don't worry about his ex's drama. This guy seems really into you. He will make it work despite all the bs with his ex!

And browneyedgirl - that was a really nice update. He seems like a genuinely good guy (kinda like me ) - I wish you guys the best!

...ORRRRR, you and I can just kick his ass (if he acts up on JA) together (Canadian and NYC style), and then JA can bring one of her equally hot friends so you and I will be set no matter what 8)

JA don't worry about his ex's drama. This guy seems really into you. He will make it work despite all the bs with his ex!

And browneyedgirl - that was a really nice update. He seems like a genuinely good guy (kinda like me ) - I wish you guys the best!

Hahahaha... You guys rock!!!

Thank you!!! He is a genuinely good guy. I am rooting for you, too -- I KNOW she's out there for you!!!! All it takes is one!

Oh I know...I'm not worried Thank you!

Good -- I'm glad you're not worried. It seems like SO many people on these forums totally stress about finding someone. When I found my someone, I wasn't focused on it. My life was going well, with or without someone. Of course, it's nice to have a great person to add to a good life! It really does only take one. I remember thinking, randomly a few years back, "The guy I'm meant to be with is probably married to someone else right now, maybe unhappily. At some point, he'll get divorced, have some good, solid single-time to reflect, and then he'll be ready for me." Annnndddd...it happened! Maybe not exactly that way, but...I like to tell myself that. He definitely took a lot of single time -- nearly four years, as did I (with the exception of a few dates here and there) to be really ready for a good relationship, and we bumped into each other at exactly the right time, I think. Time will tell...

Just had a catch up and it is just fab fab fab to read you all so happy ..I like it all on the same thread , it is easier to follow ... we just need an update from bluey , hers went away .

I have decided to have a boyfriend so I can add some substance to the love fest on here ...he is called micheal buble , he is a singer , you might have heard of him ..he is married I admit , but just in the process of bumping the wife off ...

Just had a catch up and it is just fab fab fab to read you all so happy ..I like it all on the same thread , it is easier to follow ... we just need an update from bluey , hers went away .

I have decided to have a boyfriend so I can add some substance to the love fest on here ...he is called micheal buble , he is a singer , you might have heard of him ..he is married I admit , but just in the process of bumping the wife off ...

I approve of your choice of man, star! He's pretty darn cute!

Archived