Why do women hold all the cards when it comes guys asking them out?

compwhiz345

How does one upgrade his "package"????!!!!!! I gots to know!

Hahaha mhowe you are on a roll today with the one-liners!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Meh, my "package" doesn't need any upgrade I meant that I work hard on myself in all areas. I've pursued higher education, worked on my social skills, I want to learn how to dance better (you'd think being half Italian and half Spanish I'd have rhythm...I don't.), I want to make career moves in the new year, I go to the gym to work on my fitness (like Fergie)...I meant my overall package

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a very small percentage, I admit--but it's growing. Look at the number of men that "won't grow up" (i.e. won't get into serious relationships), the number of men that are only in it for the sex, and so on. We're still in the "first they ignore you" stage, slowly transitioning to the "and then they laugh at you" stage. We were being ignored anyway, so it's going to take a while for anyone to notice that we're gone.

I'd argue that America is a bit different from Canada. That said, no, I'm not him. (I did have a Canadian love-interest about fifteen years ago, though.) I've been single for the vast majority of my adult life, and I've never dated, nor asked anyone out on a date.

I have never experienced a guy that had sex with me and left. When I was younger (and stayed up past 9pm lol), one night stands always tracked me down and asked me out on a proper date after. I think the whole pump and dump guy is EXTREMELY rare...generally, I think it's a myth perpetuated by women that sleep with men because they're worried about losing the guy...and he walks away because he wasn't all that into her to begin with....and they want to blame it on him.

"Well, he's a player" or whatever.

"Umm...not really. You called him asking him to come over at 10pm last night"

*evil look from friend*

"oh...right...yeah, total player."

At least, that's how I've seen it happen to friends.

Peter Pans are pretty rare too, although when I was younger, that's all I dated. My daughters father is a Peter Pan. He's a good guy....he just...has the emotional maturity of a 16 year old....and he can't get out of it. Or he's stuck in his mom's basement. I'm not sure. But for him, it's not a screw society thing...but like...a...he's terrified of failing so he just isn't going to try...kind of thing. He wanted to be with me....but I outgrew him. He peaked at 20. I have another ex that's the exact same....the guy I mentioned from above actually...he's the same guy at 35 that he was 20 years ago. It's crazy!

Anyway...maybe there's a group of you guys that are planning on overthrowing convention...Idk...I would love to see some statistics on this "growing number" that you speak of though How do you know this?

As for the differences between Canada and the US...we're not all that different. We get all your TV shows, movies, culture...we like to pretend we're different...but...really...we're not

And while it can be annoying at times, there's no point in being bitter about it, because like we all know, whether you're a man or a woman, bitterness is an instant turnoff.

I think that men and women should be who they genuinely are, never altering their personalities to be more "attractive." Men get bitter because of women, women get bitter because of men...and I think it's ridiculous to ask them to hide it, assuming that the bitterness is logical and earned. Obviously, I value "being true to yourself" over "easily finding a relationship," and I know that not everyone does. I can see why people compromise in that area. But true bitterness in women bugs me less than a woman pretending to be something she isn't.

I'd never pretend to be a macho guy to impress women, and if a woman isn't all that traditionally feminine--if she's outspoken and likes having short hair--I don't see why she should have to change to please others.

I have never experienced a guy that had sex with me and left. When I was younger (and stayed up past 9pm lol), one night stands always tracked me down and asked me out on a proper date after. I think the whole pump and dump guy is EXTREMELY rare...generally, I think it's a myth perpetuated by women that sleep with men because they're worried about losing the guy...and he walks away because he wasn't all that into her to begin with....and they want to blame it on him.

I disagree; women don't need to invent horrible men that use them and walk away, I'd say that a significant percentage of my gender is like that, or would be if they had the opportunity.

Peter Pans are pretty rare too, although when I was younger, that's all I dated. My daughters father is a Peter Pan. He's a good guy....he just...has the emotional maturity of a 16 year old....and he can't get out of it. Or he's stuck in his mom's basement. I'm not sure. But for him, it's not a screw society thing...but like...a...he's terrified of failing so he just isn't going to try...kind of thing. He wanted to be with me....but I outgrew him. He peaked at 20. I have another ex that's the exact same....the guy I mentioned from above actually...he's the same guy at 35 that he was 20 years ago. It's crazy!

I've been the same person for my entire life--same personality, same interests, etc. I hope to have the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old, someday! I think I'm still at junior high level.

Again, I disagree: Peter Pans are increasingly common, and it's easy to find articles written by women complaining about them.

How do you know this?

We're out there, but we're usually pretty quiet. If you want to be exposed to, um, some new ideas about gender issues, google "manosphere" and brace yourself.

If the status quo were working in my favor, I'd say the exact same thing.

My post was fact: I give the same advice regardless of gender. And threads that devolve into gender wars typically get closed and then nobody gets help.

Your post about whom the "status quo" is working for is opinion.

I personally prefer to deal in facts.

I have a manosphere site open that I will read

Idk...I choose to believe that most people are inherently good. Most people have good intentions...that sometimes work out like intended and sometimes not....and sometimes we all have bad decision making abilities....

I like believing that most people are good and kind and try to do the right thing. *shrugs*

I agree that Peter Pan are rare. Though figuring out how many there are depends on how you define them. For example, a person who does not want a relationship is not always a Peter Pan. A person over 25 who meets more than 2 of the following is a Peter Pan: Conistantly act imature in a variety of situation, still lives with or relies heavily on Mommy for basic things like laundry or cooking, engages in behavior typically see in teenagers/very young adults (excessive drinking for example), has no career goals, blows all their money of stuip stuff without thinking about the future.

I just cannot feel sorry that men are expected of pay for the first date. I would trade that in a heart beat for inequal pay, much higher risk of assult, and the objectifcation woman are put through.

I agree that Peter Pan are rare.

I know a few....but then...now that I think about it....I know more women that are Peter Pans than men! Are they Wendy's?

The double standard is crazy...because Wendy's can get into relationships with no problem. Married even.

I know a few....but then...now that I think about it....I know more women that are Peter Pans than men! Are they Wendy's?

The double standard is crazy...because Wendy's can get into relationships with no problem. Married even.

Hmmm, see Wendy choose to return home and grow up. There really is no good equivalent for a woman.

I see the opposite. All the female Peter Pans I know are single and have a tough time making a relationship last longer than 3 or 4 months.

Archived