Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

New Journal

Your grandpa looks quite a lot like my dad and my grandpa. I bet you and I are connected somewhere way down the line!

You never know! My grandpa was pretty dark complected as white people go . And I have some cousins who are very dark complected and then those of us who are extremely pale like my grandma.

Here let me PM you.

So I've been nursing an intercostal muscle tear, and it seems to be almost healed now, which is a relief. I've tried to stay as active as I can, but one little muscle sure can impact so much movement! I have new appreciation for those muscles.

I'm really happy with my current Doctor too. Which is a blessing, because not every doc has his approach and skill. He'll sit me down with a cup of tea to discuss my concerns. He takes a more holistic approach.

There's been a lot of changes in my life recently. I haven't felt like discussing it all yet. It would feel strange to put in bullet points or little paragraphs each thing. Because they each feel big and meaningful to me. It would take a lot of writing, and I haven't been writing much lately.

The torn muscle came at a time where it was good for me to slow down though. Not only physically, but mentally, to take it all in.

I'm putting my all into leaving my old negativity behind. There are kinks, but I'm moving along.

Maybe more another day. For all of it, I'm feeling rather blessed and well. Happy,even, in a steady sort of fashion.

I've taken up getting up and running through a quick inventory of what I am grateful for. And when I go to bed too. It's a comforting practice, and I intend to keep it up.

I'm in the process of listening to his book. He has a lot of great, free resources. I agree about him being spot on and wanting to see more mental health professionals like him.

I actually heard about him through an Aboriginal healer. She recommended him. It's neat hearing about how she recommends him to all kinds of people who come through her doors. The various resources she uses in helping people heal themselves from all kinds of wounds.

I noticed the tags for my journal today and loled. God, pain, work, love. Enough said. ? Lol

On a slightly sillier note, I got my first longboard today. In my thirties. Can't wait to try it out. Someone said it can be a great prelude to surfing, which has always appealed to me, but I've never tried. This year I plan to. But first, as soon as this burst of snow is gone, I'm going to try playing on the board. Work on my balance- which has always been a bit of an issue for me since the trauma in my teens. Should be fun!

I'm trying a lot of things I haven't before as of late. It's good for me. It's important. It's a priority now to nourish myself this way.

Today is just for me. Making meals and relaxing. Exercising, playing with the animals and taking care of seedlings for spring. Long bath and caring for myself. Listening to music. Playing on the computer.

I went a few days without eating anything more than a bun, sleeping less than a few hours. Been taking care of my mom. She's sick. Spending a lot of time in the hospitals and arranging everything. Speaking with doctors, nurses, family.

It's my turn to take care of her now. It hurts real bad and sometimes I'm really scared. But I realized over the weekend I have to take care of myself or else I'm not going to be able to do this. And it's on me - it's just the way it is. I'm fine with that.

I'm lucky in that now I have a great support network for myself. People I can turn to. Friends, family (this includes those who are family not by blood, but by doing what it means to be family), my boyfriend, even people who are I'm not particularly close to but who reach out during times like these.

My brother came in for the weekend with his gf to see mom. So the weekend was a blur of family and hospital.

It's cancer. Lung and liver. Biopsy was a few days ago. Next up is the results, then I'll know more of what is going to be happening. It'll go fast and it already is, as mom has been in a lot of pain and she almost didn't get the biopsy - they were worried about it.

right now I count blessings about there not being complications with her biopsy and recovery, and that there is a medication that is helping with her pain finally. that she isn't alone; got a calendar and folders going already - who will be there when, who will take care of what, a folder for cancer care, one for family and friends and scheduling all of that . there is so much but I'm getting organized now.

We gave mom an ipad too so she has entertainment and can contact any one, facetime, text, whatever. This is a lady who never has had a cell phone and took pride in that lol. But she loves the ipad already. Technology does have its uses, see.

So I'm just getting this out here now before things get even crazier schedule and time wise. Not going to have much energy to explain anything. My phone is going off constantly all day and this is going to continue for a long time. Texts phone calls.

I'm sorry to hear you're undergoing this ordeal now, IAG. But equal is the good of your strength and your network pulling for you.

Pulling for you is also me. Do keep taking care of yourself; you're right, if you don't do that, you'll crash. Carve out that time, and don't skip meals.

I'm sending warm thoughts and vibes to you during this difficult time, where everyone is just doing the best they can.

(Indeed, hip hip hooray for the blessing/curse of technology, haha!)

Oh I'm sorry to read your mother is unwell. I'm glad she is receiving good care.

Re taking care of yourself, I'm doing couple if easy things that help a lot. I make big pit of vegetable and lentil soup. Make sure I bring to the boil each day and just add a few more veggies here and there. Also, buy deluxe muesli, add some fruit juice and keep in fridge. It's very nice with fruit and Greek Style yoghurt and very filling. It gives a long way and very healthy.

Thank you silver. Those are some good ideas. Going to be doing a lot of cooking out of the way early in the week to have meals on hand. I appreciate it.

At work, and it's slow today. Trying to bank time, so I'll have it as needed. Have a date with my bf tonight. I'm glad he is closer now , having found a good position so we can give this a proper go. I'm looking forward to a date night. We both work a lot, plus all other things in our lives, and so far we have done really well in making time for each other.

Mom is doing better than she was. They have found a medication that is managing her pain, for the most part, using a controlled dose on a patch and supplementing with an oral doses as needed.

She's still in the hospital. But she is now off her IV and oxygen, and is eating and sleeping again. Can get up and move around without excruciating pain.

I go in to see her every day after work. She has a steady flow of visitors.

We are still waiting on the biopsy results. So much depends on that; the treatment plan, what happens next.

Thanks for asking and the hugs Vic.

Mom is doing better than she was. They have found a medication that is managing her pain, for the most part, using a controlled dose on a patch and supplementing with an oral doses as needed.

She's still in the hospital. But she is now off her IV and oxygen, and is eating and sleeping again. Can get up and move around without excruciating pain.

I go in to see her every day after work. She has a steady flow of visitors.

We are still waiting on the biopsy results. So much depends on that; the treatment plan, what happens next.

Thanks for asking and the hugs Vic.

Know I am keeping the both of you in my heart.❤️

It's a bit of a roller coaster.

I find that when I am with her, even if she is having a bad day - like today- I feel alright. Not alright, but like my self, and calm somehow.

It's when I am away - at work, at home, doing other things- the anxiety begins, the worries start piling in my brain.