Would you marry someone who proposed with no ring?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. In fact, I think I would prefer not having one. I would probably want a wedding ring though, or a wedding band more likely. I don't really like the way rings look with a diamond in the middle.

Me neither. I love wedding bands though. I would want something timeless but durable, without a diamond, so I could leave it on at all times without worrying about it getting grimy or broken.

I would. I am not sure I want an engagement ring because I would just want to wear the wedding ring alone after getting married. The engagement ring doesn't seem important to me now but I suppose that could change.

I think the only awkward thing about NOT getting an e-ring is that everyone expects to see it after you're engaged. Some will probably make comments once you say "well, we decided not to get one." I say let them talk.

After you're married, no one cares about the e-ring anymore. You'll just have your wedding ring and that will be the end of it.

^^ Most people I know still do after marriage. I personally see no point of letting it sit in a box, unless it is an heirloom like yours is.

I wear mine and all of my friends who are married wear theirs as far as I can tell. Never occurred to me to take it off.

how do you tell the difference?

Normally you take r e ring off and slide the wedding band on, then the e ring. Smething about the wedding band is closest to your heart. But one if my things is it looks weird with the stone being on the outside. So I'll just slide my wedding band without taking my e ring off.

Normally you take r e ring off and slide the wedding band on, then the e ring. Smething about the wedding band is closest to your heart. But one if my things is it looks weird with the stone being on the outside. So I'll just slide my wedding band without taking my e ring off.

oh, so the engagement ring has a diamond in the middle and the other doesn't? I never realized that bands are used for weddings and not a ring.

My mom has diamonds embedded into her wedding ring.

The difference is that the e-rings usually have the rock "sticking out". Wedding rings are bands that may have the diamonds/small gems "embedded" into into the band.

This is why I would like to have a wedding ring but not an e-ring because I'd want to wear the band all the time without worrying about it snagging.

OMG...I forgot to share about my psuedo engagement story from two-ish months ago. So I made the "Engagement Chicken," and then afterwards, he pulled out this Taco Bell hot sauce packet that he had been hunting around for a while, and on the packet were the printed words, "Will You Marry Me?" I played it down like a cute thing he did...so I can say, I'd take a proposal with an engagement ring seriously...not a Taco Bell hot sauce packet...hahahhaahha

There are so many different styles too. You can get bezel set, or even just a lower setting. I had a classic style blue topaz solitaire and I grew to dislike it because it snagged on things. I'm not allowed to give input on the ring, so I can only hope that my SO chooses something with a lower setting.

There are so many different styles too. You can get bezel set, or even just a lower setting. I had a classic style blue topaz solitaire and I grew to dislike it because it snagged on things. I'm not allowed to give input on the ring, so I can only hope that my SO chooses something with a lower setting.

Yes, there are some really nice rings with lower settings. My brother had ones made for his wife that has a lower setting. Mine is pretty high but it has never bothered me.

My second one is entirely different from my first one. I loved them both, though. My first one was 14 K yellow gold,the setting was white gold though and a solitaire. My wedding band was a plain yellow gold band. Since my first engagement ring got lost we bought another one. This one is 18K white gold with a bigger centre diamond ,then 2 side by side diamonds on each side and then two diamonds down each side of the band. The band is 18k white with 5 diamonds accross the top, it is a very thin band. I keep my original band on my pinky finger though, because it was at both my weddings.

Archived