Hope's Preggo Thread

Hope75

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

Thanks for the prayers and kind words, they mean a lot.

We had a follow up ultrasound yesterday to check on Baby Hope and the subchorionic hemorrhage.

While the SCH is still there, it is not any bigger and is showing some grey areas which can mean it is healing itself.

The baby is measuring 4 days ahead (7w6d) and has a strong HB of 162, we got to see it and hear it, which was wonderful.

My midwife said that she is going to continue to keep me on pelvic rest and modified activity, and I can't work for 4 weeks and then we'll see how things are going. She is encouraged that the baby is growing well and the bleed isn't increasing and doesn't seem to be interfering the baby's development.

I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound unless I have bleeding or spotting before then, but luckily so far I haven't had any with this pregnancy.

I'm a little more hopeful than I was last week.

I called my boss today and told her what was going on (and that I am pregnant, surprise!) and she was very supportive. She said that mom and baby come first and work can wait, and that she will be praying for us.

I'll keep you all posted, thank you again for all your support!

I am so glad that things seem to be looking up. Things are already much different than you last experience, considering that you are not seeing bleeding and the SCH is not getting bigger. That is great news. I think the pelvic rest is a very good thing and I'm glad you are not having to work right now, and that your boss is supportive. Even if you are fine you deserve a little R&R instead of having to worry about these things while working (actually I realize it won't be too much R&R since you have a little doll at home but at least you can stay in you pajamas if you want to) I hope you continue to have good news. I will keep praying for you!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a little update on Baby Hope again yesterday... we had another ultrasound to check on the SCH and the baby, and the baby looks great! We saw the little arm and leg buds wiggling all around and the HB was strong at 176. The bleed is still there, mostly unchanged maybe slightly bigger, but it still doesn't seem to be affecting the baby's growth or causing any problems....I haven't had any bleeding or spotting. I'm still out of work and in 2 weeks I go back for the triple screen (with ultrasound) and if the bleed is stable then and the baby looks good I should be able to go back to work. So....good news all around, and we are going to start telling people.

They took about 10 vials of blood from me for baseline labs since I had Pre E last time and I have to do a 24 hour urine in 2 weeks before my next appt...but all in all MW was very encouraged.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Have some truly great news to update with.

We went in for our 12 week U/S and to check on the subchorionic hemorrhage. Baby was wiggling all over and looked wonderful. He or she is measuring ahead by 4 days still at 11w6d and the HB was 174.

The tech searched all over and couldn't find the SCH. She even went back to my older ultrasounds to see where it was so she could go back and search more thoroughly and it is GONE. Completely healed!

My midwife said the prognosis is really good, since it was diagnosed early, I've had no bleeding this time and it resolved on it's own by 12 weeks, that it isn't likely to come back.

I feel so blessed today.

Archived