Hope's Preggo Thread

Hope75

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL I need to think about this more but so glad you still have good news Hope! Sounds like you should have a healthy baby boy not too long from now! Do we get any tidbits about names?

LOL Avman I knew you would have something to say about the weight! I'm hoping for around 8.5 lbs but we'll see!

No idea on a name.... just like with our daughter we haven't figured out what to call this little guy, and likely won't until we see him! We are not good with picking names in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hope - anything new? how are you feeling?

i just wanted to let you know my friend's sister had an 11 lb baby recently!! My friend is pregnant as well, and she is ginormous, and she has 8 weeks to go. lol. she's probably going to have an 11 pounder as well!

i just wanted to let you know my friend's sister had an 11 lb baby recently!!

^LOL how kind of you! To funny! The chubby babies are soooooo cute!

Hope75 I too have been wondering how you have been doing. You're down to the last month now. It seems like you just told us you were pregnant!

Hi Ladies,

I am doing well, thanks! I am 33 1/2 weeks along now and baby is doing well. I'm pretty big and having trouble getting around smoothly and sleeping well but overall I feel pretty good. I'm still working and that is going well. I have actually switched health care providers this past week since my previous HCPs were placing a lot of restrictions on me to attempt a VBAC and I really want to avoid another surgery. I met with a new team of midwives at a new hospital and LOVE them and I'll be delivering there and most likely won't need another section, which I'm thrilled about!

I'll keep you all posted!

You're a brave woman hope. I know around here it can be difficult to get the services of a midwife, even if you apply early in the pregnancy. So I'm glad you were able to switch later in the game. It's so important to have care professionals who are in line with your philosophy.

Hi hope - anything new? how are you feeling?

i just wanted to let you know my friend's sister had an 11 lb baby recently!! My friend is pregnant as well, and she is ginormous, and she has 8 weeks to go. lol. she's probably going to have an 11 pounder as well!

11 pounds!!!!! Good god!! That is not a baby that is a linebacker!! My son was 11 pounds at like 4 months old

Glad you are doing well Hope!

That's an awesome news Hope; my wife and I were just watching the documentary produced by Ricki Lake on midwives. I had no clue about it up until now. It was an eye opener. I'm glad to hear you found a better option!

Oh yes, "The Business of Being Born", it's a real eye opener. Thank you for the well wishes!

That's an awesome news Hope; my wife and I were just watching the documentary produced by Ricki Lake on midwives. I had no clue about it up until now. It was an eye opener. I'm glad to hear you found a better option!

that was a good movie, made a lot of sense. i often wonder why SO MANY women have medical interventions when it comes to having their babies. Sure, some are genuinely medical emergencies but i don't see the rationale to have so much medical intervention in a natural process such as childbirth.

that was a good movie, made a lot of sense. i often wonder why SO MANY women have medical interventions when it comes to having their babies. Sure, some are genuinely medical emergencies but i don't see the rationale to have so much medical intervention in a natural process such as childbirth.

It really has a lot to do with the medical model of care vs. the midwifery model. Medical model views childbirth as dangerous and problematic unless proven otherwise, midwifery model views childbirth as a natural process that doesn't need interference unless there actually is a problem. Doctors aren't real comfortable with watchful waiting, or natural techniques like changing position, moving/walking, emptying your bladder or other simple techniques that can advance labor, when there are drugs that can be quickly given that do the same thing, even though those drugs have potentially dangerous side effects on mom and baby, and generally lead to a cascade of other interventions which are typically not necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a little update:

I am 36 weeks and change now and baby is doing well. I have been having some issues with low/dropping platelets which may or may not be related to pre-eclampsia which I had with my daughter. My blood pressures are good and I have no other signs, (no protein, liver tests look fine, baby growing well) but it cannot be ruled out, so I am being followed twice weekly now with blood draws to check platelets and other labs, and non stress tests to check on baby. My next appt. on Friday, and if my platelets have dropped more than I will most likely be meeting with the doctor to plan to deliver the baby some time next week (37 weeks and change.) If this is the case he will be another slightly early baby as my daughter was, but hopefully will have no issues.

If my platelets go up or stay stable we may be able to continue to watch and wait with twice weekly appts, lab draws and NSTs, and this is what I am really hoping for.

Apparently I cannot have a drama free pregnancy after all! I'll just be glad when he is here and healthy, but I want him to stay in a bit longer so he has less chance of complications. Plus, I don't know if I'm ready to have a baby next week!

My goodness, it seems like you just told us yesterday that you were pregnant. Time sure does fly around here. LOL

So glad to hear that baby is doing well. I hope you are able to keep him simmering just a little longer. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Archived