Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I canceled my health insurance a few weeks ago because I wasn't using it. I'm a person who rarely goes to the doctor--like only once or twice a year. I just don't get sick and when I do I get better naturally. Anyway the health insurance was semi-expensive about $250 a month and I just could not afford it, especially if I wasn't using it. The good thing is that my health insurance plan is year round. I know a lot of people believe it's bad to not be insured(and it's true) but it's pointless if I know I don't get sick very often. I dislike doctors anyway--I personally believe since they are paid to find problems, then when you go to them whether your or sick or not they will find problems and prescribe you medication and I just dislike it.

See that's me. When I do get sick it's usually sinus or allergies. Last month I was sick to my stomach a lot but I know that was from my BC (it's too high of a dose, I need a lower one). I just can't see spending $100 a month when I might get sick a hand full of times and even then the doctor's visit is $40. I know something major could happen but that's a bridge I'll have to cross when I get there.

I'm coming in late, but wanted to add my voice to the health insurance discussion.

You're taking a BIG risk by canceling your health insurance. Can you not get a plan with a high deductible and low monthly premium, so that you would pay any routine medical costs but be covered in the case of a big emergency?

The number one cause of bankruptcy in this country is medical bills. People who "never get sick" (and most young people DON'T get sick, maybe a cold or virus once a year) and then get in a car accident, fall down while hiking, playing sports ... I was in a friend's room just hanging out barefoot, stepped on a needle that was lying on the floor, and had to have $10,000 orthopedic surgery to get it removed. Talk about a nice little sum of money for a freak accident - and that's cheap in the grand scheme of unforeseen medical expenses.

Not to mention, OG, if you develop any medical conditions in this uninsured period, they may never be covered for the rest of your life.

I would really try to get a high-deductible, low monthly cost plan, or an emergency plan, because you are taking a gigantic, and IMO foolish risk.

Oh I don't already have it, I haven't had it since I was 18. Believe me, I know what you mean by hospital bills and everything but fingers crossed, I just have to stay healthy and hope nothing goes wrong until I move to England with CS. Without recovering those hours lost, there is just no physical way I can pay for it.

Just got a text from a co worker, another co worker is pregnant.

I think everyone in the world is suppose to be a mother before me. And that's such a childish statement because I'm in a healthy, happy relationship, we are getting married next year, and are planning on starting a family shortly after I move to England. And yet I can still hear my biological clock ticking louder and louder. It's so hard to explain to people sometimes the desire I have to want children. For as long as I can remember it has been there, even since I was a kid myself. I played house, I played the mommy. Not the wife, the mommy. And that desire has only grown in the past few years. I can't go into Wal-Mart without wandering through the baby section or gooing at a baby (and having a 4 month old nephew I do that a lot!). In a year and six months CS and I will be trying to start a family, and I tell myself that. I look forward to that.

But I still get jealous every time someone announces they are pregnant, especially when I work with them. I swear I"m one of five women from my graduation class that is not a mother or married.

So nice of him

You can make it a year and 6 months! I know that it can seem like forever when you really want it, but that's a verr short period of time I love looking at baby things too, and Alex knows how hard it is on me when my body goes nuts, but I really appreciate that he keeps me in check and remembering that all the sucky waiting is so that our kids can have the best life possible. I can't believe your nephew is 4 mos already! Wow!

Thanks Sherry. It is a short time, but I also have this irrational fear I can't have children. Goes along the lines of I want it so bad, it would be the one thing I can't have...

I know! He's such a porker too, lol. He weighs over 10 lbs, you never could guess that kid was 3 lbs. 15 oz. when he was born. This is the most recent photo I have of him on the computer. He looks just like my sister with those chubby baby cheeks, haha.

image removed

I hate having this barrier when it comes to my writing. I absolutely hate it. I have been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to write on my story and do you know all I have? One sentence. One damn sentence. Because everything has to be perfect. Ugh. I have been working on this book since I was 9 years old, come on!

I'm focusing on Journalism right now, but I am in a Creative Writing/Journalism BA program. Looking forward to next semester when I have a bunch of fiction classes again. Last semester I took a genre fiction class, and it was the most fun one yet. We learned how to write romances, horrors, and mysteries. Some people opted for Sci-Fi instead of one of the three. A bunch of my friends took a fantasy lit class last year and loved it. I can't really get "into" fantasy though. So tell me about your story

It's your basic fantasy story: evil being tries to take over the world, the good guys have to stop him, and there are a few dragons and magic thrown in. Lol. Sorry if I'm vague, I play this story close to my vest since I have put so much of me into it. Really the only person that knows a good amount of it is my uncle and CS. I doubt it will ever get written though, I have been working on it since I was 9 and only have one page. Damn writing barrier.

I can say that I want to put a lot of my own views in the story. I'm Agnostic but I find the driving force of faith behind the religions of today's world fascinating. I may not believe in anything that anyone else believes in but I have ammense respect for someone who has that strong of a faith in something they can't explain. I also don't believe in predestiny, that we are all on a set path that was predetermined before our lives. I want that to play into the story as well. How with every decision we make it changes our future, and that's the driving force behind my main character, fighting what she was suppose to be against what she wants, what she was 'destined' to do and what she wants to do.

Just heard the yearly round with the hospital shrink is around the corner. GREEEEAAATTTT. I hate shrinks. No offenseto any shrinks we may have on ENA. I just hate the look they get when I mentioned I was molested as a child. Honestly, that look is the reason I don't tell people. Has nothing to do with trust and has everything with hating that 'oh, you poor thing' pity look. Please. I'm a victim, give me some credit. Infuriates me just thinking about it....

I also hate how I cleaned my room yesterday and it needs cleaning AGAIN. Good I want my own house....

I am, however, looking forward to Feb even more now. Final say happens Friday on that one.

Oh, and little critter. x

Archived