Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is my brother's 17th birthday. I had to stop by our sister's house were we had his gift hidden. Mom got him a guitar and Brittney, our sister, stuck it in a stroller box to throw him off and then wrapped it in Elmo wrapping paper. Seriously:

image removed

lol.

So of course while I was picking the gift up I had to hold my Munchkin for a few minutes since he was wide awake. I really don't like his breathing. To me it's like he can't catch his breath but my sister said the doctors said it's fine. Idk. It worries me. I have held hundreds of babies and I have never been afraid to hold one until him. It's just... not normal. But aside from that worry I got a few minutes of quality time with him.

Oh what a day. To begin with I went to bed about two AM last night and woke back up at 6 AM. I don't know why I can't sleep more than four hours a night these days! So in the spirit of being up CS and I went ahead and talked for about an hour. And I can honestly say it's the best conversation we have had in a LONG time. Lately (due to work stress and just wanting to see each other) it seems like we always end up having at least one stuipd argument every time we talk on the phone. It was nice to have a good, solid, laughable conversation. So I finally knocked back out about 10 AM only to get back up at noon for work. Ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work, however, wasn't that bad.

So I got home last night and was so tired (from being up since 6 AM the previous morning) that I passed out on top of my covers with my uniform still on. I slept heavily though and when I woke up I was like wow, that five or six hour nap was awesome. Turn my phone on and no, I had only been asleep for like 4 hours and it was 2:30. I couldn't go back to sleep so I just took the time to go ahead and pack my bag for Gatlinburg and get a few more things out of the way. Then mom and me went to town to run some errands.

We got home about 11:30ish I guess and I talked to CS for a while before I passed out for four hours. Got up for like 30 minutes and then laid back down for another four hours. God my sleeping pattern is screwed up...

It's after midnight though and that means that tomorrow (not two weeks, six days, or the day after tomorrow but TOMORROW) I get to pick CS up from the airport. And of course the last few days would drag by. And I have no idea why I ddin't request today off as well. So I have to work from 2-10 today and then leave tomorrow. I hope today flies by.

I woke up yesterday about midnight and could not fall back asleep. At all. So I went to work on no sleep at all until 10 PM when I got off. I'm not sure how I made it through work yesterday, honestly. Between Mountain Dews and a few cups of coffee a Nurse took pity on me with a gave me I was exhausted. I think I even napped for like 15 minutes at one point. So of course I get home, dog tired, pass out on the bed still in uniform, and proceed to wake up three hours later wide awake. 0.0 WHY?!?!!

I just took a sleep aide though so hopefully I'll nod back off about 6ish and get up at 10ish to get ready and finish up a last few minute things.

CS is on his way to the airport now and will be leaving about 1 his time... which is 8 mine I believe. I can't remember at this point. He'll land at 6 PM my time tonight so 14 more hours until I see him. I'm so ready too.

I also got a flu shot yesterday and am starting to show signs of the flu. I know it's a side effect but come on, isn't this suppose to PREVENT the flu???? Geez. I also managed to crack the screen on my Droid this week. It's not a surface crack but it's starting to distort the screen in the corners. Def going to bug the crap out of me til I pay the $80 to replace it...

Jasper is passed out on my dresser on top of my wedding notebook as well. I would move him but he just looks so damn cute laying there.....

image removed

Sidehop- lol, do it! Jasper sleeps in any position.

So the last 24 hours has been wonderful. I picked CS up from the airport yesterday about 7 PM. I really don't even remember anything other than grinning like an idiot when I saw him walking toward him. After about a 25 minute ride to Chamblee we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed back to the hotel were we both promptly crashed. CS only had a minor panic attack when I started driving on the wrong side of the road (to him, at least

We have both been up since about 4 AM today. Left Atlanta about 9 and have been in Anderson since about 10:30 just walking around. Had lunch with my best friend and her man so CS could meet her. She liked him, which it's always a plus when your best friend likes your fiance, lol. We were going to go to a movie tonight and dinner but brilliant me didn't book a hotel in advance and today is a Clemson Football game. Damn football. I kept wondering why the rates were so high as I was going hotel to hotel. >.

So we are having a quite evening in, probably grabbing some quick take out later. CS is meeting my mom and grandparents and what not tomorrow morning and then meeting my uncle (father figure) tomorrow night. I think he's more nervous about my uncle than my mom, lol

Thanks guys.

We both literally slept the last 12 hours. Guess we were both more tired than we thought (and CS had jetlag to overcome still) so we were like oh we will sleep for a few hours... and it turned into 12. lol. At least he's well rested to meet the family today. And we are about to go get some McDonald's for breakfast... mmmmm... too bad they got rid of their biscuit and gravy. >.

So CS met the family yesterday. I have to say I enjoyed the second half of the meeting than the first. first time was with my mom and her parents and my brother. I mean, it went okay but you can tell they still have issues with the quickness of the engagement and of course someone had to say as such. Naturally CS took it in stride and batted it away with common sense but still.

then we drove down to meet my Uncle Jim who is like my father figure and of course he and his wife (who is one of my BM) adored CS. which I knew they would, he kind of has the same sense of humor as they do and we spent the whole evening in stitches pretty much. So now we are up at the crack of dawn, again, and trying to be quiet after we broke the bed in the guest room (not with how people think. seriously. CS went to sit down and one of the boards fell from underneath and are now in the living room waiting on everyone else to awake. We will probably be leaving for Gatlinburg about 10 and it's a three hour drive--yay. I'm prepared for at least one argument on the drive up, lol.

And CS just had his first experience with a Palmetto bug. Pretty sure he doesn't like them. lol

Just got back home from dropping CS off at Chamblee. God was that hard. He refused to let me ride the MARTA back from the airport at night so we said our good-byes at Chamblee instead before he got on the train. I of course cried the entire way home. The poor lady at Arby's where I stopped and grabbed me some comfort food probably thought I was high or something coming through the drive thru with bright eyes and a red nose, haha.

So I'm just sitting here hoping to hear from him when he gets to the airport, barring he can get wi-fi. I already miss him so much. The past 11 days has done nothing more than remind me he's the man I'm meant to be with. When I'm with him it just feels right. I feel like I'm whole and when he leaves I feel like a part of me is missing. I know it will return in 4 months but still... He calms me when I go on a crazy OG moment and he's there to comfort me, like our last night in Gatlinburg when I could NOT stop crying at the thought of him leaving.

41/2 months until I fly to England, just gotta keep telling myself that....

Thanks Sidehop. I know, and I try looking at it as there is only two more times of us seeing each other and I'll be moving there permantely. And I know in a few days I'll be fine, it's just the first few days after him leaving that are the hardest. I was doing fine today until just now and for some reason I'm suddenly very bored and missing him to the point I was in tears. Doesn't help I have a lot on my mind with bills and now this student loan. I think I just want to talk to him but sadly it's 2 AM there. Damn 5 hour time difference. >.

I feel a little better now that I cried some. Amazing how crying always makes you feel better... I think it's starting to storm here as well. Aw, fall thunderstorms in the south.

My cat is bugging me. I love him to death but he will NOT stop meowing. I know he missed me but Jesus I just want to stick ear plugs in my ear! Waiting on the best friend to call me seeing as she texted me to let me know she would call.

I hate my job.

I come back from vacation to find out I went from 74 hours in two weeks to 50 for two weeks. That's part time, 25 hours a week. And while yes, it's still enough to make my car payment and insurance and things I need, it's just yet another thing in the universe telling me and CS not to have a expensive wedding. Geez. And the reason for my dropped hours? "Admissions slow down when the weather gets colder. If the weather gets warmer we will pick back up."

Sooooo my hours are being determined by the weather now?!?!?!?!!

So the plan is to apply for a part time job to make up for my hours lost and maybe, hopefully, I'll even find something completely different that is a good job. I have always wanted to work in an office....

On a happier note, I'm snuggled in bed with a less meowing Jasper (who was chasing something around my room earlier. No idea what) and reading my book CS bought me while we were on vacation.

Okay, so I don't completely hate my job.

I got handed the benefits packet today which means I do get the option for medical insurance, vision, and dental. Awesome! However, after looking it over, the medical is just not for me. It's $100 and while yeah, they pay 85%, that's $100 I don't have due to the reduced hours and there is no guarantee the hours will gain. I am looking for a part time job to supplement those hours but that could be months and then it could only be seasonal work. So no medical. Cheaper for me to just pay the damn doctor visit fee and get generic pills. Why does this country not have the NHS?!?!?! I'll be SO happy to move to England....

I am getting the dental and vision though. About $40 a month for both, figured I couldn't pass that up.

I still, however, don't like my hours being cut.

OG, I know $100 is a lot of money, but isn't it a risk to NOT have medical insurance, esp if you get hurt or injured or need to have surgery? Stuff like that runs into the thousands of dollars.

Have you ever thought about getting a stop gap plan on your own with high deductibles and such, so that you are covered in case you ever get into a situation where you might need to be hospitalized or something of that nature.

I know, I am a worrywart about stuff like that.

It is a risk, but on the hours I have now if I get the medical coverage I will literally have $20 to my name after my bills come out. $20 a month. I can always opt to get it the next period it's open if my hours increase or I find a second part time job.

I have honestly never heard of it before. It would depend on how much it was I suppose. Medical coverage really won't even cover what I need to take care of most: my migrains. Gah.

Archived